[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 108

There are, as always, two ways ... either up or down ...

My SVE shows that we will go down ...

And Sultonov shows that we will go up to 1.43220 ...

And who is to believe???

The US market is starting to feel better and better as the X-hour meeting of the US Federal Reserve (Fed) Open Market Committee approaches. While global markets are feverish, falling between 2% and 6%, the US equity market is poised to open with a strong rally and recoup some of its losses.

As of 16:30 Moscow time the futures on the US indices were in the solid plus: Dow Jones is up 1.3%, Nasdaq - 1.7% and S&P - 1.52%.

The markets are not expecting a change in the discount rate from the Fed, but they are waiting for a follow-up press conference by Ben Bernanke (after 10:15 pm Moscow time) to declare something to stabilise the markets, and also to stimulate economic growth, which has been disappointing of late. Against this background many investors and analysts expect an announcement (or at least a hint) of a third wave of so-called "quantitative easing" (QE3). It is these rosy expectations that are pushing the US index futures up.

Such action could really help the market. "It could bring short-term relief to the market and stop the unjustified Lehman Brothers bankruptcy-style trading," says Mark Chandler, a currency analyst at Brown Brothers Harriman. And while he personally doesn't believe the Fed will launch QE3 right away, he notes that the organization will have to respond one way or another today to clear signs of a slowdown in US GDP growth, CNN reports.

Alternatively, M. Chandler suggested that the Fed could more clearly indicate support for its course to keep the stimulative low discount rate on record, perhaps by designating a specific period during which it is guaranteed not to change.

Other experts also believe that in the event of a new "quantitative easing" all US problems will not be solved.

"The difficulty is that the current situation is fundamentally different from 2008. Back then there was a liquidity crisis in the market and, as a consequence, the Fed's cash injections helped fix the situation. There is no crisis of liquidity at the moment, but there is a crisis of confidence in the US authorities," says Olga Mitrofanova from Raiffeisen Capital Asset Management. In her opinion, only decisive and coordinated actions of the American authorities will be able to turn the global markets around.

According to analysts of Goldman Sachs, the FRS management does not intend to pass quickly to a new program of "quantitative easing" as it will cause weakening of dollar and rise in price of commodities. Instead, the bank's experts believe that B.Bernanke will choose other, more pointed and specific measures to support the U.S. economy.

sezon:

There are, as always, two ways ... either up or down ...

My SVE shows that we will go down ...

And Sultonov shows that we will go up to 1.43220 ...

Who's to believe?

Because the last, penultimate and global trends on H4 are talking about a possible rise, although in the light of current events one can expect anything:

4282 if it's a hard nut to crack...

If the U.S. market rallies so briskly, it means that they expect the quid to weaken. So the Euro might go up first and then ...

I venture to guess ))))

Evgen157:

I venture to guess ))))

Now those who are in the sells will show up ( - I told you so ...) (Pound will tell). And why not dump the pound - the aussie got dumped. (euras? - they stink too much...)

Tantrik:
...now the sellers will come out ( - i told you so ...) (the pound will tell you)

With the study of forex a lot becomes predictable ))))

What can the pound suggest? ...They're in turmoil there and Switzerland seems to be helping them... So much for the safe haven currency ))))

Evgen157:

With the study of forex a lot becomes predictable ))))

What can the pound suggest? ...They're in turmoil there and Switzerland seems to be helping them... So much for the safe haven currencies ))))

I don't think the turmoil affects the exchange rate, (unrest - liquidation - work + economy) big speculators (team!) rather from the states are chopping big, just no "market" and it became 1000pp. in any direction easily )(well what the hell are the Fibonacci's here, Gunn)

Tantrik:
I don't think the turmoil affects the rate, (unrest - liquidation - work + economy) big speculators (team!) rather from the states are chopping big, just no "market" and it has not become 1000pp. in any direction easily )

So they show poor newcomers with bats and watch what will happen.) They get insurance money and everything is all set, you can go back to building... Prepping for the Olympics )))) They are steering from England... They've ruled throughout history and they're still ruling (((.
Reason: