[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 568

kellin:
Do you know a way to place an pending order in Meta Trader 4 at a certain 1-hour candlestick's price, i.e., not the time when it will open, but the opening price of the candlestick?

Yura Reshetov is on a roll today, so I'll try it for him :)

You just need to choose the appropriate candle (1-hour candle, which of course already had), find its strike price and put a pendentive at this price. You can do it manually, or technically :)

But of course nobody knows the opening of a new candle... Otherwise everyone would be rich :)

Reshetov:
There is a way. You buy a time machine and bet on the price at which the candle will open.
I must have explained it wrong. I need a way to put an order on an Open candle. When I place an open order at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, it is not triggered at exactly 3 o'clock, but some time later and therefore the price at which it is triggered is different from the opening price of a 3 o'clock candle. So I am asking, is it possible to open a trade at exactly the price of an Open candle?

kellin:
I must have explained it wrong. I need a way to place an order on an Open candlestick. When I place an open order at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, for example, it is not triggered at exactly 3 o'clock, but after some time and therefore the price at which it is triggered is different from the opening price of a 3 o'clock candle. So I am asking, is it possible to open a deal exactly at the open candle price?
Only in the tester or on some servers where orders are executed immediately on arrival.

DOCTORS:

Yura Reshetov is on a roll today, so I'll try it for him :)

You just need to choose the appropriate candle (1-hour candle, which of course already had), find its strike price and put a pendentive at this price. You can do it manually, or technically :)

But of course nobody knows the opening of a new candle... otherwise everybody would be rich ;)

I.e. it turns out that it is impossible to place an order to open a deal at an exact time, there are bound to be some deviations, right? Or is it still possible to place a time order on the server side, as well as ordinary pending orders, which open exactly at the price we assign them?

Reshetov:
Only in a tester or on some servers where orders are executed as soon as they are received.
I have not heard of such servers, do you think there are such brokers with immediate execution?

kellin:
I haven't heard of such servers, do you think there are such brokers with immediate execution?

What prevents you from writing a simple EA to open a position at the opening price of a new bar and try to trade and analyse small amounts to start with on your broker...

kellin:
I haven't heard of such servers, do you think there are such brokers with immediate execution?
Many demo servers execute orders almost immediately. Sometimes on cent accounts you can see the same thing.

Reshetov:
On many demo servers, orders are executed almost immediately. Sometimes this can also be seen in cent accounts.
Yeah, I see. So, they can make instant response on demo accounts, but on real ones - no way. I see, we have good brokers)

Hello hello help with the solution to this problem. The problem is that if the advisor gives a buy or sell signal, for example, and at the same time it is possible that the signals would come to the sms Russia biline? I looked at this article https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1376/page3#8847 but as I understand it's just a state advisor, I configured the terminal to e-mail, but it is also not very convenient, can you advise how best to do, with google calendar it would be great or how and how, the sms should write a couple of timeframe and buy or sell

Roman.:

What prevents you from writing a simple advisor to open a position at the opening price of a new bar and try to trade and analyse small amounts to begin with on your broker...
Well, maybe because I don't know how to write EAs, and to be honest I didn't know that you can make an opening at the price of a new bar. But that is exactly the point. I have to learn how to open exactly at the price of a new bar. If you know how to do it please tell me.
Reason: