[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 406

Roman.:

I am testing my TS on Limits and pullbacks of the price to its CC-value.

I am testing TS on Limits on price reversal to its MA value, advise flattish (conventional) instruments, beside USDCHF, EURGBP, EURCHF, CHFJPY...

Thank you.

Maybe calculate them automatically, e.g. the ratio of the average daily bar to the spread: the higher the ratio, the more volatile the instrument and vice versa, the lower the ratio, the more flat strategies are applicable.

forexnew:
Maybe I could calculate them automatically, e.g. the ratio of average daily bar to spread: the higher the ratio, the more volatile the instrument and vice versa, the lower the ratio, the more flat strategies are applicable.

Yes I have heard that this ratio can change from time to time, I would like a BASE flat... :-)

Of course, they can't be ruled out as well for the recoiling trends! :-) I'm preparing a glamorous trend-flat switch (filter) to filter them...

Hi all, question for professionals:

Please elaborate on how MT4 works.

My vision:

Terminal is running, Internet is connected, in market overview some instruments are running, some charts are open from them. Let's consider one instrument that has a chart open, let's say it ticked back and forth and the bar closed. The moment is not clear:

Does the last formed bar that I see in my chart correspond to the bar on the broker's side, because a part of ticks could be missed or is there full synchronization with the arrival of each tick?

How often is my history synchronized with the broker's history?

How do I solve this problem in mql code...

i put 3 buylimit pending orders with 50 pips takeaway 1-lot 0.1, 2-lot 0.2, 3-lot 0.3
if 1 triggers and closes at take profit 2 others delete.
if 1 triggers and 2-triggers and take profit on 2 orders, then close 1st open order, and 3 delete.
If the 1st triggers and 2 triggers and 3 triggers and take profit on 3, then all open orders close.

or maybe someone has some EA as an example of this principle?
something like this, if I made it clear)))

Professionals, please advise. I have written an EA and am testing it. My balance curve is descending. I have 80% profitable trades, but they are small, and the losses are big. As a result, I am losing my deposit within several months during the testing.

Just for the sake of interest I have changed my entering condition. My aim is to use the same large Take Profit instead of a large Stop Loss. Logically the balance should grow, but it is still losing.

There is something I have misunderstood somewhere.

chuvee:

Professionals, please advise. I have written an EA and am testing it. My balance curve is descending. I have 80% profitable trades, but they are small and the losses are big. As a result, I am losing my deposit within several months during the testing.

Just for the sake of interest I have changed my entering condition. My aim is to use the same large Take Profit instead of a large Stop Loss. Logically the balance should grow, but it is still losing.

There is something I have misunderstood somewhere.

have swap spreads been factored into the thinking?

forexnew:

Good afternoon!

Can you please tell me how to prevent the Expert Advisor from writing repetitions to the file using the "Tool" parameter (_OrderSymbol). I've seen on the forum how to delete repetitions https://forum.mql4.com/ru/5814 in an array, but I haven't figured out how to apply it to my situation. I don't really understand how to apply it in my situation. But even one loop starts punching 200 identical lines into file with duplicates.

I haven't worked with csv for a long time, but I remember it was easier for me

int handle=FileOpen("aaa.xls",FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE,'\t');

there are two options (that immediately spring to mind)

1 use static or glob.perm in the function to save and compare "tool" if there was already a returnee

2 open the file for reading, move it two cells back and compare it with the data you want to read if == - return

why constantly open the file (long) to deinit close (time should be saved))

zy "hat" record once

if(FileSize(handle)==0)
       FileWrite(handle,"Дата","Время","Инструмент","Баланс оптимальный"); 

LOA:

What could be the reasons, what should I look out for?

What is the reason for this?

costy_:

I haven't worked with csv in a long time, but I remember it being easier for me

there are two options (which immediately spring to mind)

1 use static or glob.perm in the function save and compare "tool" if there was already a returnee

2 open the file for reading, move it two cells back and compare it with the data you want to read; if ==, you need to retune

why constantly open the file (long) to deinit close (time should be saved))

zy "hat" record once

Great!!! Thanks for that, I've been torturing myself to think of different ways to do it.

Roman.:

Yes I have heard that this ratio can change from time to time, I would like a BASE flat... :-)

Of course, they can't be ruled out as a no-trend either! :-) I'm preparing a glamorous trend-flat switch (filter) to filter them out...

BASE flattened... :-)

and also a BASE trend switch ))

if eur goes down and dol goes down, flat

Reason: