Formalising common approaches to trading - page 21

yosuf:
Thank you for reading this partially, but my question is why there is no tick chart, although all the information to organize it seems to be available? Or has anyone tried to create such a chart with the help of programming?
The tick chart of price changes is not a problem, and there is its history . Another question is how much real volume is in a tick; it's just difficult to determine, because we have to consider the tick change of the market order volume involved in forming this shift. I don't see a way to implement it, there are too many participants.

FION:
A tick chart of the price change is not a problem, and there is a history of it. Another question is how much real volume is in a tick, which is just difficult to determine, because you have to take into account the tick change in the volume of market orders involved in the formation of this shift. I don't see a way to implement it, there are too many participants.
Aren't the volumes automatically considered during price formation? Is there anything else we should consider and analyze besides the price?

FION:
... Another question - how much real volume is in a tick, it is just difficult to determine, because we have to take into account the tick volume change of market orders involved in the formation of this shift. ...

There is no tick volume in the tick, only the volume of a particular trade at a given price, there is no such information in the retailer's forex, hence the discrepancy.

If we may go back to the market example: $20.05 Bid - 200 lots <=>$20.06 Ask - 300 lots, i.e. the Bid has buy limit orders of 200 lots in total, the Ask has sell limit orders of 300 lots, all these are the so-called passive orders. If there are no aggressive orders (for example market orders), the market will not move anywhere, there will be no change of bid-ask levels. Now let's assume we want to sell 10 lots, we have two options:

1) Sell-Limit order at Ask, i.e. at $20.06. If we increase the volume of Ask by 10 lots (i.e. Ask becomes 310 lots), our 10 lots will be at the end of our Sell order queue, if we do not get there, the market will go down before our Sell order is filled.

2) Sell aggressively, send a Sell-Limit order at $20.05 or Market order (at the best price at the moment of request). What will happen in this case? The volume in the Bid-Ask will be reduced by 10 lots to 190, the line "time - $20.05 - 10 lots - UST code" will be added to the T&S (on the retail-forex will be only "time - $20.05"), i.e. all deal attributes will be fixed: time-price-volume-route. But the Bid-Ask will remain at the same level.

The Bid level can only change if the flow of aggressive sell orders exhausts the volume at the Bid, i.e. all the passive buyers at 20.05 will be filled. All this flow of aggressive sell orders will be reflected in T&S. In this case, if this flow goes without changes to aggressive buying, there will be one single tick at 20.05, until the Bid changes. If during the passage of this sell flow, there will also be single aggressive buying (on the Axc), there will also be single ticks on 20.06.

Tick volume in forex, applies only to formed bars, i.e. the number of ticks during the formation of a bar. Some research traders argue that there is a fairly high correlation between tick and regular BAR volume, at certain time periods. But this, imho, is not applicable to correct analysis.

BLACK_BOX:

Tick volume in forex, applies only to formed bars, i.e. the number of ticks during the time a bar is formed. Some research traders argue that there is a fairly high correlation between tick volume and normal volume, at certain periods of time. But it, imho, is not applicable to correct analysis.

There should be such a correlation, because the number of ticks increases with the number of participants. For example, at the American session during the periods of active trades the number of ticks at the same "bar height" may be much more than at the previous time. And the increase of ticks in bars does not result in any significant acceleration of price movement in any direction until there is "an idea". In other words, we are back to trading information or rumours.

FION:
Another question is how much real volume is in a tick, this is just difficult to determine as we need to take into account the tick volume change of the market orders involved in forming this shift. I don't see a way to implement it, there are too many participants.

Does it make sense to consider an individual tick?

If we consider the tick volume as some function, it will depend on several parameters, in particular on the real volume and, let's say, "the idea".

So, if we don't consider dependence on "idea", there is a suspicion that the tick volume depends on the real one logarithmically, i.e. roughly speaking Vt ~ logx(V)*F("idea").

UPD: by "idea" is meant everything but the real volume, on which the tick volume depends. And the logarithm is hardly natural.

TheXpert:

Does it make sense to consider an individual tick?

If we consider the tick volume as some function, it will depend on several parameters, in particular on the real volume and, let's say, "the idea".

So, if we don't consider dependence on "idea", there is a suspicion that the tick volume depends on the real one logarithmically, i.e. roughly speaking Vt ~ logx(V)*F("idea").

UPD: by "idea" is meant everything but the real volume, on which the tick volume depends. And the logarithm is hardly natural.

The filtering of the tick stream by the quotation provider must also be taken into account. We can talk about some correspondence when comparing the "unfiltered" tick stream. From the point of view of using it in entrance search it may be interesting for high-frequency trading. My attempts to use tick "disturbances" did not lead to acceptable results. Maybe I'm digging in the wrong way?

FION:
The filtering of the tick-flow by the quote provider must also be taken into account.
It is unlikely that the filtering changes the type of dependence, most likely only the parameters. I haven't checked it, though.

FION:
You also need to take into account the filtering of the tick stream by the quote provider.

Yeah right, even here there is no "consensus" among the quotation providers. So it's not serious to spend man-hours to analyse them seriously. In my opinion, the only approach to use real volumes when trading in MT4, is to watch T&S, Level 2 (stack) and market profile on corresponding futures or stocks, make analysis, make decisions and execute them in MT4.

In MT5 there will be real volumes. (but not for forex)

Mischek:
In MT5 there will be real volumes. (but not for forex)
Great! For forex, it will probably be useful to look at the volumes of the relevant currency futures
Reason: