The absurdity of a stop loss - page 2

IgorM:

I'm not going to close the loss, I'm going to make a profit... I'm not going to close the loss, I'm not going to close the loss.

I've got a loss trawl somewhere that works fine, but I haven't found any practical use for it, just like for an ordinary trawl.

I have a loss trawl that works fine, but I have not found any practical use for it as well as a regular trawl. I would not try to do it manually but I cannot do it manually. )))

sanyooooook:
The only disadvantage is that they need a big deposit, although a big deposit is not a disadvantage at all. )))

not the only one - limitation on the maximum number of orders opened simultaneously, limitation on the maximum order volume

The only disadvantage is that instead of averaging/martin, etc. you should try to split your losses, i.e. lock them in parts. It would make an awesome standpoint, I have posted about it in topics, the only bad thing is that 5 times in the history such lots were unraveled in 3 weeks, imho for a TS with positive MO it is easier to recover small losses in 3 weeks than to use all the deposited funds in a long position.

SL is evidence of a complete lack of TS. There is no and there CANNOT be a TS which exits a position based on the logic of "Limiting Loss", this is nonsense.

sanyooooook:

When opening a position, a stop loss is usually set immediately, i.e. we immediately show the price at which we are ready to close the position, and at a loss.

This is not to say that losses should not be closed, but that we are mostly ready for them immediately after opening a position, and wishes, as you know, tend to come true.)

We do not want to, but our thoughts that we are very focused on. As a rule fear rules and consequently a person thinks about the loss in the first place, hence the result with all it implies...

Mischek:
SL is evidence of a complete lack of TS. There is no and CANNOT be a TS which exits a position using the logic of "Limiting Loss", this is nonsense.

So, the secret of TS!!! Take any TS, remove the SL and get the REAL TS!!! )))

Mischek:
SL is evidence of a complete lack of TS. There is no and CANNOT be a TS which exits a position based on the logic of "Limiting Loss", this is nonsense.
There's a lot in the world, friend Horatio....

Mischek:
SL is evidence that there is no TS at all. There is no and there CANNOT be a TS that exits a position using the logic of "Limiting Loss", it's nonsense

if entry can be a stop order, for example in a breakout system, why can't exit?

Mischek:
SL is evidence of a complete lack of TS. There is no and CANNOT be a TS which exits a position based on the logic of "Limiting Loss", this is nonsense.

Investors who invest in stocks never place stops. Hedging strategies and channel strategies do not have stops - they only do harm, mechanical TS. And only TS which trades your mood and your emotions should have stops (because there is a trick) and the closer the better (because the entrance to the wrong side and the trend is in the wrong direction).

Yeah, so you exit with "Limit the loss" logic, and you enter with "I need money" logic.

And don't give me any songs about the statistically based level of sl.

>
Reason: