Which days of the week are good for trading - page 5

paukas:

And here's Friday's close against the rest of the week. Also no big deal.

Friday
The week -1 1

-1 274 257
1 299 286

concentrate:

1. no one is interested in the performance of your unknown TS

2. no one is interested in different volatility indicators.

3. the man has a specific TS. He found the following statistic more than 70% of losing trades are on Friday. And he asks - what is the explanation?

The person has accumulated the statistics for a particular TS, and you said - it can not be, because my TS does not have these characteristics. What gives the difference h-l? It gives nothing.

Avals:

I wonder if anyone uses circular levels when trading on a breakout. I investigated volatility depending on price being at this or that level relative to a figure (last 2 digits on 4-digit quotes). Practically on all currencies it turns out the increase of volos by 5-10% when approaching to 0 and 50

Here's an example of an m15 eur:

Can you tell me more about this experiment? Very interesting... How was the volatility measured? By an indicator?

Avals:

Trends are also different. If breakout, the best time of day is when there is an increase in activity - usually at the opening and closing of Asian, European sessions and at the American and European crossovers. If we are entering on the pullback, it is better to enter at support/resistance levels during the periods of less activity. By the way, the activity varies by the days of the week. Therefore, it may affect the results. We should test it.

My strategy rather fits the definition of "breakout". Avals, thanks for the comment.

Europa:

Can you tell me more about this experiment? Very interesting... How was the volatility measured? By an indicator?

By a script. You calculate the high-low for each candlestick and find the average value for each level of the pattern.

I.e. for example candle: low=1.4876 and high=1.4895. high-low=19. We add 19 to the array with indices 76 to 95. We average by the number of candlesticks crossing each level

P.S. There is a more shallow cyclic pattern - the wave splashes at levels 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90. I.e. as if there were two cycles: a big one with a period of 50 pips (old ones) and one every 10 pips. I guess it's easy to explain: people find it more convenient to place orders at round levels than to place them with a 4, 5 digits precision.

FAGOTT:

Mostly on Fridays there is so called profit taking by players - even if they forecast a continuation of the trend, they close positions before the weekend and therefore the price goes the opposite way to the trend on Friday

Logical version, FAGOTT, thanks for the comment.

I had a theory that brokerage companies cheat more than usual on Fridays to meet the weekly SL target.)

ru_chuzer:

I also had a theory that the DC was cheating more than usual on Fridays to meet the weekly SL collection plan. c-)))

And on weekends what are they going to booze on?

I don't know about the days of the week (although Wednesday + Thursday are the most fruitful according to my observations), and the forecast is a thankless business, but tomorrow will be black Thursday for someone: peaks for knocking over stops, then a rollback in at least three major currencies, and then, maybe, crosses will come ...

Avals:

I don't use a script. For each candlestick I calculated the high-low and found the average value for each level of the pattern.

I.e. for example candle: low=1.4876 and high=1.4895. high-low=19. We add 19 to the array with indices 76 to 95. We average by the number of candlesticks crossing each level

P.S. There is a more shallow cyclic pattern - the wave bursts at levels 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90. I.e. as if there were two cycles: a big one with a period of 50 pips (old ones) and one every 10 pips. I guess it is easy to explain - it is more convenient for people to place orders at round levels than to place them with 4th, 5th digits precision.

Thanks for the clarification, I need to think in that direction...

moskitman:
I don't know about weekdays (though Wednesday+Thursday, according to my observations, are the best), and prognosis is a thankless task, but tomorrow will be a black Thursday for someone: peaks for run down stops, then a rollback in at least three major, and then, maybe, the crosses will follow ...

Peaks in the majors are what? Dojiks to look forward to? Are the big peaks coming? 8)

bold forecast ))))

Europa:

Peaks in the majors are what? Dojiks to look forward to? Are the big peaks coming? 8)

Bold predictions ))))

yeah, i wonder about that... there's bound to be some "action" on thursday
The NZD hasn't been this far away since the JPY crisis and the Yen is in a heavy overshooting hand with the Chip. The conclusion? correct, there will be action!

Reason: