[Branch closed!] EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 4) - page 48

odiseif:

I'm talking about the six digits at all ..... I've seen too many charts .... and I haven't seen six decimal places yet ..... that's why I'm interested.

All right, cut it down to four and that's it.

My forecast for tomorrow and the coming week.

Monday's first half will be downward the second half will go up, but may close at a downward pace as well. Tuesday or Wednesday will go up and then break at least 1.4594. We shall see in a week if I was right.

Happy trading to all.

EVgEN_SA:

Monday's first half will be downward the second half will go up, but may close at a downward pace as well. Tuesday or Wednesday will go up and then break at least 1.4594. We shall see in a week if I was right.

Happy trading to all.

Another one hundred percent predictor ...

If you build the same channel differently, the picture will be completely different ... Let's have a discussion... Why did you build the channel that way?... and what makes you so sure ?...

that's the kind of channel that doesn't talk about promotion... strange isn't it? ... Although it could be ... We're used to adjusting everything to the story !!! ...

oleniknik:

another 100% prognosticator ...

and if you build the same channel differently, a completely different picture emerges ... let's have a discussion ... why did you build the channel that way ?... and what makes you so sure? ...

This is exactly the kind of channel that doesn't talk about promotion ... Strange, isn't it? ... Although it could be ... How we used to adjust everything to the story !!! ...

You are absolutely right there are also such lines if you have a good look at the weekly chart, but on the monthly chart there was a bounce from 1.2464 and now only up.

Of course, I cannot predict the market 100%, but I can only speculate, just like everybody else.

If it breaks through 1.3943, then I am totally screwed.

Hello))) I'll make a small contribution with my forecast for the week and you decide for yourselves, think for yourselves. This is an area that needs to be worked out and of course we don't know how it will actually turn out.

EVgEN_SA:

Monday's first half will be downward the second half will go up, but may close on the downside as well. Tuesday or Wednesday will go up and then break at least 1.4594. We shall see in a week if I was right.

Happy trading to all.

Is your forecast by any chance supported by the extrapolator readings? The line into the future in the screenshot looks like it.

'Beheaded' IMF prepares for change

After the news of the IMF chief's resignation, the world community is wondering who the successor will be. Another European? Or maybe the fund will be headed by a representative of one of BRIC countries?

The head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who was arrested in New York on suspicion of sexual harassment, announced his resignation on Thursday 19 May. Who will succeed the 62-year-old Frenchman? The big intrigue is who will head the fund: a European or one of the BRIC countries, for example?

Growing ambitions

The new head of the International Monetary Fund will not have an easy job. In Europe, the debt crisis is ongoing and a brightening has not yet been seen. And in the U.S., the fiscal debt situation is not good. In the emerging markets, the threat of inflation has not abated despite high growth rates. Their currencies are under threat of revaluation because of the influx of foreign capital.

Thepost of the IMF head may be claimed by one of the BRIC countries, as they believe the post of the head of the IMF corresponds to the growing power of the new economic centre. For example, Brazilian Finance Minister Guido Mantega believes that the new head of the IMF should not necessarily be a European. "Brazil has always advocated that positions should be handed out on merit, regardless of nationality. The time when the post of head of the International Monetary Fund was automatically reserved for Europeans is long gone," the minister appealed to his colleagues from the G20 group in an open letter.

Who owns the fund

The fact that emerging economies are forming a new economic powerhouse is not sufficient reason to strip the Europeans of their right to manage the fund. Seven countries alone - France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, the US and Canada - account for almost half the world's GDP. The BRIC group, which includes Brazil, Russia, India and China, accounts for just 18 per cent. And the member states of the European Union account for 25 percent of global production.

The battle for quotas - a battle for influenceAlready today we can observe the following picture: representatives of highly developed industrial countries have a rather modest position on the IMF executive board. They occupy only half of the posts in this managing body, although it is these countries that form more than half of the share capital of the fund.

Quotas for countries to participate in the fund are distributed on the basis of their GDP volume. Germany's share has now fallen from 6.1 percent to 5.4 percent. But the German economy remains third in the world, behind the U.S. and Japan, whose shares in the IMF are 17 percent and 6 percent, respectively.

European versus non-European

Jose Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, said that it was only natural that Europe would put forward its own candidate to head the IMF. For its part, the German government has also expressed its willingness to support a European in the nomination of a new candidate. Chancellor Angela Merkel refused to name a specific candidate for the post of the IMF head, noting that this issue should be agreed within the European Union. However, she pointed out that a solution must be found as soon as possible, because after Strauss-Kahn's resignation, the IMF must quickly restore its capacity. Incidentally, the last German to head the IMF was former German president Horst Köhler, who ran the fund from 2000 to 2004.

Michael Fuchs, deputy chairman of the CDU/CSU faction in the Bundestag, does not rule out the possibility that a representative of transition economies will be appointed as head of the financial institution. "There may be some advantage in this," Fuchs told the Financial Times Deutschland.

He explained his position by saying that at a time of high public debt, which some European countries suffer from, it may be easier for a non-European head of the IMF to make decisions to put fiscal policy back on track. The next IMF chief must be strict with countries claiming financial assistance from the fund. The rules of the game, according to Fuchs, must be respected by all participants. But it will be up to Dominique Strauss-Kahn's successor to oversee this.

... Pishcha for thought)))

The official stance (and even country affiliation) of the new IMF managing director will determine the behaviour of the euro/dollar pair in the short term. It can be assumed that for ethical reasons no American will be chosen, but a representative from China is unlikely to lobby for US interests in the IMF vote (which could lead to a fall in the dollar if such a choice is made) and a candidate from India, Japan or one of the Arab world countries would not think about saving EU countries to the detriment of their own interests (which would be negative for the euro in case of such an election). Thus, bidders are bound to "trade down" on the news of the appointment of the IMF Managing Director, with an emphasis on a decline in either the dollar or the euro.

The fact that the circumstances of Strauss-Kahn's arrest raise many questions has led to speculation that the IMF managing director was framed. Also surprising is the fact that Strauss-Kahn has persistently refused to be released on bail, despite requests for his release. Inquiring minds of bidders wonder "who?" and "to what end?" Threads of speculation lead either to near-political circles interested in removing this candidate before the 2011 French presidential election, or, as many investors believe, to entities with an interest in certain IMF decisions that Strauss-Kahn may have prevented.

Another interesting aspect is that the change of the IMF head acted as a potential catalyst for the changes in the quotations of the EUR/USD currency pair; the significance of the event in the medium-term prospect is important for both currencies. Here's why: After World War II there was created a "skeleton" of the present system of international economic relations. After the unpleasant lessons of the "Great Depression" in the 1930s, the U.S. took an active role in providing financial assistance to the countries of war-torn Western Europe. As a result, several international organisations were created under US leadership, of which the IMF had the greatest influence and political weight. In fact, this enabled the US to become a leader in the system of foreign economic relations, which currently has the largest quota (contribution) in the IMF's pooled financial resources. These financial resources are used to support countries in need in exchange for foreign trade agreements that are sometimes very burdensome for these countries, from an economic point of view.

The evolution of the IMF's "regulatory tools" over time mirrored U.S. interests on the turbulent and ever-changing political and economic map of the world. Naturally, when making important decisions in an organisation with many representatives from a wide variety of member countries, it is difficult to take into account the interests of each country simultaneously, especially if the organisation is in fact headed by a "grey cardinal". Over time, Germany, representing the interests of the EU, has competed with the US for leadership in the IMF, a competition that has only grown stronger with each passing year.

Next week, on Monday 23 May, the IMF will begin the process of selecting candidates to head the organisation, the BBC reports. The IMF expects to elect a new managing director by 30 June.

What's in store for Europe over the next few weeks

-May 20 - Spain: E7.906bn promissory note redemption
-May 22 - Spain: regional elections. Germany: election in Bremen
-5 June - Portugal: elections
-June 14 - EcoFin meeting
-June 15 - June 15: bond redemption of E4.934 billion and coupon payments of E2.02 billion.
-June 17 - Spain: maturity of E6.308 bln notes.
-10 July - E-17: meeting of finance ministers in Luxembourg

-22 July - Spain: E4.248 billion in promissory note repayments

for dessert from acmos...)))

Reason: