A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades! - page 22

By the way, the navigation can be put up instead of the banner. And the banner could be placed higher. Right there:

Add an answer to the question:
Desead:
Can you tell me why the optimiser can count but not produce results?
Fingers already wiped answering it in all the threads.

Dear moderators! I have a question when I write a message to someone, then I get a message that the user deleted the message can not how to remove it? And if I delete a message, contacts with whom I've been corresponding will not be saved.

It would be like in contact Friends or something else!

If it is not possible to correct it, nothing can be done.

Good answer to a frequently asked question.

midorum 31.10.2012 20:06 |
7777877:
... Why do we need (or rather in what situations should we use) the IndicatorBuffers function if the number of buffers can be declared as a string

Thanks in advance for the answer.

#property indicator_buffers 3                                           //объявляем количество буферов

this line you declare the number of indicator buffers visible in the terminal

IndicatorBuffers(4);                                                 //устанавливаем общее количество всех индикаторов, участвующих в расчете всех индикаторных линий

this line you declare the total number of buffers used by the indicator for calculations (3 visible and 1 hidden)

if you don't need any additional buffers, you won't need this string

The number of buffers may not exceed 8 and should not be less than the value specified in the indicator_buffers property. Here is a good example.

_Vladimir_ 30.07.2013 21:17

Recently I noticed the following discrepancy between mql4 documentation and real situation, namely the documentation says ( https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/OrderType):

int OrderType()
Returns the order type of the currently selected order. It can be one of the following values:
OP_BUY - buy position,
OP_SELL - sell position,
OP_BUYLIMIT - pending Buy order upon reaching a specified level, the current price is higher than the level,
OP_BUYSTOP - pending Buy order when the specified level is reached, the current price is below the level,
OP_SELLLIMIT - pending sell order when the specified level is reached, current price is below the level,
OP_SELLSTOP - pending sell order when the specified level is reached, current price is above the level.
The order must be pre-selected using the OrderSelect() function.
Example:
int order;
  if(OrderSelect(12, SELECT_BY_POS)==true)
    {
     order_type=OrderType();
     // ...
    }
  else
    Print("OrderSelect() вернул ошибку - ",GetLastError());

But in fact, it turns out that there are more order types. For example, operations to deposit to an account are marked by an order of type 6. That is, if such order is found during our review of the account history, then the

the OrderType() function will return 6. I wonder if there are a lot of such examples (not only OrderType()). But, most importantly, why aren't the developers correcting the documentation? After all, the OrderType() function in this case is a very frequently used function. It is difficult to imagine a trading Expert Advisor that does not use this function. And I am probably not the first one to have discovered this defect.

The question that has been asked a thousand times since the terminal was upgraded to 600 is "how to find your files, or why can't the terminal see the compiled code and not show it in the navigator?

If you can, instead of top banner in big red letters, write the answer for those who find it hard to get into the wilds of forum: Press "File - Open Data Folder" ) )))

Please give me indicators that do not re-draw or give me a link to them, thanks in advance.

Profitov:
Please give me indicators that do not re-draw or give me a link to them, thanks in advance.

On the zero bar any indicator can re-draw

Profitov:

They do not draw too much. I've seen free indicators in the shop and I used them for some time.

Mitruha:

I saw free indicators in the shop at Fresh and they do not re-draw. I used them for a while and then changed the trading strategy without indicators. Everything is individual, but indicators that do not re-draw are a rarity.

You just don't look at the bar. You don't get any miracles. If the indicator does not redraw on the zero bar, it is not a miracle. There can be several variants: the indicator is shifted by one bar (it is delayed); in this case the zero bar does not participate in the calculations at all. The second option - the open price is used at the zero bar, which is almost the same with an offset by one bar and a lag.
Reason: