A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades!

This is a working thread, created to generate a list of frequently asked questions and to prepare answers to them.

The second post in the thread contains a list of questions. This list will be created by the moderators from users' posts in the thread.

The third post in the branch will contain an answer template which we will be asking you to use.

All subsequent posts should contain either a suggestion for an exact question or an answer to a posted or new question.

Finished answers will be moved by the moderators to the FAQ branch, where posting is not allowed. All suggestions here only. Please do not litter the branch with floods.

This thread has been debated for a long time and now it is technically possible to implement the FAQ project. We hope very much for your help and support.

A WORKING LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. IS UPDATED BY USERS IN THIS THREAD.
Suggest questions and requests for answers in the thread, here, in this post we will mark who does, so as not to overlap.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - header

WORKING WITH THE FORUM - title
- How do I contact a moderator/administrator to report an MT error, spam, rules violation?
- how to format your post, insert program code, images, videos

SOFTWARE - section name

BASE (service) FUNCTIONS

- correct price normalization
- receive order types
- receive prices for order types
- update trading environment parameters

INFORMATION FUNCTIONS
A. Applying to indicators and receiving their buffer data
- appeal to standard built-in indicators M Example MA, Ishimoku, Fractal search
- access to custom indicators. Example Bolinger, HeikenAshi
- search for period extremum
B. Getting order information
- getting an array of "own" orders.
- Sort the orders array by criteria (lot, profit, open/close price, open/close time)
- example of filtering by time
- count the number of: orders, lots, profit (general function + example of filtering by time)
- find the last order from the history
- get all information about the last order
- find the last open order
- calculate the breakeven price of all existing Buy/Sell orders.
- getting the maximum/minimum lot ticket
- getting the flag - whether there was a trade today

TERMINAL FUNCTIONS
A. Examples of operations with objects
- object creation rules, name setting
- quick object creation functions: mark, text, line, fib etc.

the whole list
- selection of objects into an array by criteria
- deletion function for all "its" objects in deinit
- example of finding an object by comment text
- example of output of arrows and lines for all orders of history (similar to how a deal tester draws)
- example of output of comment to the right
B. Working with Global Variables
- rules for creating variables, naming
- control of variables during expert's work
- function of deleting all " with Text Functions and Transformations
- number to text
- day of week to text
- order type to text
- keeping a detailed log of events

TRADING FUNCTIONS
A. Examples of receiving conditions and opening market positions
- closing a bar above the MA
- crossing two MAs
- fractal breakdown
- zigzag breakdown
- analysis of several indicators (example: stochastic+rsi+ma)
- analysis of several timeframes (example: three stochastic of different timeframes and parameters)
- work with time.
- example of analysis of closing a previous order. Increasing the lot after the loss.
B. Examples of obtaining conditions and opening pending orders
- stop on the breakthrough of the last fractal
- placing a limit order at the distance from the bolinger line
- stop on reversal after the stop loss of an existing order
- limit order on the loss of an existing order
C. Accompanying positions: example stop-loss trawl
- transfer to Breakeven after reaching points of profit
- trawl on distance in pips
- trawl with variable distance in pips (hover)
- on previous High/Low
- on fractals
- on extremums of last N bars
- on extremums of ZigZag
- on MA
D. Position management: example of a trailing pending order
- by High/Low bar (limit/stop)
- by Bolinger line (limit/stop)
- by fractals (limit/stop)
E. Position maintenance: example of position closing
- when profit/loss is reached
- under condition from indicators
- partial closing
- order closing
- order closing by overlap
- closing from larger to smaller lots
- working with time. closing of Expert Advisor orders by time on Friday.

EXAMPLE OF TECHNICAL CHALLENGES AND THEIR FINAL REALISATION

TERMINAL - section name

TESTER - section name

OTHER - section title

THIS IS A SAMPLE ANSWER. ADDITIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS ARE WELCOME.

Q: How to find the price of the last fractal?

Answer(sergeev): The iFractals indicator can be used for that. It returns a value of 0 if there is no fractal on the bar and a price value of a fractal if there is one. Fractals are divided into upper and lower fractals. If you need to get the higher ones, MODE_UPPER is passed into the iFractals function, and MODE_LOWER for the lower ones. So to find a fractal, you have to go through the bars in the loop and the first non-0 value will be the fractal you are looking for.

example:

double frac;
for (int i=3; i<Bars; i++)
{
   frac=iFractals(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_UPPER, i); if (frac>0) break;
   frac=iFractals(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_LOWER, i); if (frac>0) break;
}
if (frac>0) Print("Цена последнего фрактала: ", frac);

an example organization of a separate function:

//---------------------------------------------------------------   GetLastFrac
double GetLastFrac(string smb, int tf, int iB)
{
   int n=iBars(smb, tf);  double frac;
   for (int i=iB; i<n; i++)
   {
      frac=iFractals(smb, tf, MODE_UPPER, i); if (frac>0) return(frac);
      frac=iFractals(smb, tf, MODE_LOWER, i); if (frac>0) return(frac);
   }
   return(0);
}
Print("Последний фрактал: ", GetLastFrac("EURUSD", 60, 3));

Tags: fractal, iBars, numeric constants, indicator calls

see also on forum:
- How to call a custom indicator
- how to know buffer value on a closed bar

I think you need to be elevated to where Kim and his function used to be. That's just for starters. ;)

By the way, where is he lost? Last thing I remember, he bought a car. That's it.

granit77:
This is a working thread, created to generate a list of frequently asked questions and to prepare answers to them.

In the second post of the thread there is a list of questions. This list will be created by the moderators from user posts in the branch.

The third post in the branch will contain an answer template which we will be asking you to use.

All subsequent posts should contain either a suggestion for an exact question or an answer to a posted or new question.

Finished answers will be moved by the moderators to the FAQ branch, where posting is not allowed. All suggestions here only. Please do not litter the thread with floods.

This thread has been debated for a long time and now it is technically possible to implement the FAQ project. We hope very much for your help and support.

That's all well and good, but the search doesn't work for some reason!

I was quoted but didn't read it. This is a thread for the FAQ. There are other threads for complaining about the search.
Alternative searches are in the FAQ branch

How do I contact (and who exactly) the moderator/administrator?

//here are links to the profiles of the relevant forum officials.

Current moderators have varying degrees of activity on the forum, different interests and personalities, so I propose that moderators themselves write down for each moderator the types of administrative issues that they could/would like to respond to.

NickModerator1 - complaints, incidents, requests related to other forum users (nothing wrong with that, and such questions should be answered by someone)

moderator2 - questions related to the terminal.

-this is just an example, but hopefully the suggestion is clear. (Questions that are incorrect or inconvenient to ask in the appropriate threads).

Not even you have read the Rules in the relevant thread :))
    1. Форум является постмодерируемым (т.е. добавление сообщений происходит сразу, а их «проверка» потом);
    2. Если Вы не согласны с действиями модератора – Вы можете сообщить об этом администратору форума без согласования с модератором, или покинуть форум;
    3. Все сообщения отражают мнения их авторов, и Администрация никакой ответственности за них не несёт;
    4. Модераторы осуществляют контроль над форумом, могут удалять сообщения, закрывать темы и лишать доступа участников форума. Слово модератора – не тема для дискуссий, а инструкции к их выполнению;

The link "to forumadministrator" leads to the profile of Rashid Umarov, forum administrator.

But public moderators are interchangeable and subject to change, so I don't see the point of putting specific groups of questions on them.
Alternatively, you could additionally ask a question in the FAC:
How do I get in touch with Administration of this forum?
and
give there links to profiles of Rashid, Renat, Stringo.

What do you say?

granit77:

The link "to forumadministrator" leads to the profile of Rashid Umarov, the forum administrator.

But public moderators are interchangeable, subject to change, so I do not see the point of attaching specific groups of questions to them.
As an option, you can make an additional question in the FAC:
How do I get in touch with Administration of this forum?
and
give there links to profiles of Rashid, Renat, Stringo.

What do you think?

I want to simplify your life, which means increasing the effectiveness of forum moderation (Rashid isn't the only one who has to take care of it).

As moderators would prefer, but links to moderator and administrator profiles should definitely be in place.

It's a pity the query links don't work, but if they did, they could have thrown in some queries and let the user do it himself.
Reason: