About the feet (for the first time) - page 9

DhP:
Why do I keep thinking that this thread was started by the author for the sake of chit-chat??? ....

I wrote "for the first time" in the thread title purely for the sake of irony. I quite understand the uselessness and danger of such threads degenerating into who knows what. Nevertheless, some quite interesting ideas have already surfaced here... upside down... :)

For example, the fact that the size of the figures is not proportional to the average bar size is a revelation to some... And it was so simple - if you take the minute chart as a unit, then the daily chart has a size of 1440... :) Gunn didn't just sit on the pot in his life.

I want to ask the honest company (as Schweik said) this question. First the Seizure. Then the Body of the Question. Then the Scriptum.

Seizure.

We all understand, I hope, that a stop of 60 pips is no longer a stop at all, but rather pure roulette. For having picked up such a stop once - the prospects of taking, say, a weekly profit, are greatly reduced, and having picked it up two or three times, becomes practically zero. It is therefore clear to us that the stop should be in pips... well, no more than 20, and preferably less.

The body of the question

But what do we do with the short? We catch our short stop, and now the price is back to the level where we, say, sold... Do we open again? Nothing has changed, is there a signal?

I tried it. On the fifth time, I already understood that a 60 pip stop was not so stupid...

Scriptum.

What do you do when your sys-signal and entry point hits a severe flat on a higher timeframe?

Poushkine:

I wrote "first time" in the title of the thread purely for irony's sake. I'm well aware of the uselessness and danger of such topics degenerating into who knows what. Nevertheless, some quite interesting ideas have already popped up here... upside down... :)

For example, the fact that the size of the figures is not proportional to the average bar size is a revelation to some... And it was so simple - if you take the minute chart as a unit, then the daily chart has a size of 1440... :) Gunn didn't just sit on the pot in his life, though.

So talk to your gan.

joo:
So have a conversation with your gan.
That's what I'm talking to him. Why are you here?

In my opinion, the key to successful trading is to place stops, with the expected profit being greater than the expected loss, and the stop should be placed at the most likely change in the trend. Where this place is is a trading system issue. I.e. stop loss as well as take profit is an obligatory part of the TS.

Poushkine:

I wrote "first time" in the title of the thread purely for irony's sake. I'm well aware of the uselessness and danger of such topics degenerating into who knows what. Nevertheless, some quite interesting ideas have already popped up here... upside down... :)

For example, the fact that the size of the figures is not proportional to the average bar size is a revelation to some... And it was so simple - if you take the minute chart as a unit, then the daily chart has a size of 1440... :) Gunn didn't just sit on the pot in his life, though.

Not 1440, but the root of 1440, to be more exact, the average size of bars and, consequently, the size of shapes increases as tf to the power of n, where n is usually close to 0.5 and depends only on the currency pair. For example, for EURUSD this figure is 0.52, you can check for the ratio of any timeframe. This may be a revelation for you, but for me it is an established fact.

alsu:
Not 1440, but the root of 1440, more precisely the average size of bars and thus the size of the shapes grows as tf to the power of n, where n is usually close to 0.5 and depends only on the currency pair. For example, for EURUSD this figure is 0.52, you can check for the ratio of any timeframe. This may be a revelation for you, but for me it is an established fact.
It is proportional to the root of time. This was established by Einstein. In the early 20th century for Brownian motion.

Poushkine: We all understand, I hope, that a stop of 60 pips is not a stop at all, but rather pure roulette. For having picked up such a stop once - the prospects of taking, say, a weekly profit, are greatly reduced, and having picked it up two or three-** times, becomes practically zero. It is therefore clear to us that the stop should be in pips... well, no more than 20, preferably less.

Who is it clear to?

Your categorical nature leads me to conclude about the systems to which you gravitate: you prefer short targets. But not everyone has such systems...

Mathemat:

Who is that clear to?

Your categorical nature compels me to draw conclusions about the systems to which you gravitate: you prefer short targets. But not everyone has such systems...
With a stop loss of 20 pips, the target may be 50 or 100 or 500. They are not related.

Well, 500 is unlikely. Although what the hell...
Reason: