[Archive! - page 556

DhP:

This is too big a topic to discuss here.

But in short: People don't know what a lot of health is at all, simply because they don't even know it (health) exists until it's gone.

It's like shagreen leather. You realize the horror only when you're down to your knuckles.

Eh, Alexander, it's not a big deal - you can never have too much health, and I don't know why you are trying so hard to disagree with it. I am sure that you yourself at the table on Friday at the latest wished health to your relatives and friends raising a glass, while here and now you are saying things that are strange, to put it mildly. The reason for that is that smoking is practically a useful thing and health is a weird thing and it's better not to have a lot of it otherwise it would be a disaster and everything is very confusing about it. )

Instead of getting better, you say:

DhP:

One can only say with certainty that in large (very large) quantities everything is harmful. Well, except health of course.

Any attachment is harmful.

- You persist in "holding a losing trade", right up to the stop-out.) Bida.

---

By the way, you mentioned there that nature doesn't know perfect health, here's a link to an article, maybe it's not about perfect health, but it's about very, very good health. And they're not the only ones on earth.

alexx_v:

Eh, Alexander, it's not such a big topic - you can't be too healthy, and I don't understand why you are trying so hard to disagree with it. I'm sure you wished your relatives and friends health by raising a glass at the table, but here and now you are saying things that are, to put it mildly, strange. The reason for that is that smoking is almost a useful thing and health is a weird thing and it's better not to have a lot of it otherwise it would not work and in general it is very confusing. )

Instead of getting better, you say:

- You persist in "holding a losing trade", right up to the stop-out.) Bida.

---

By the way, you mentioned there that nature doesn't know perfect health, here's a link to an article, maybe it's not about perfect health, but it's about very, very good health. And they're not the only ones on earth.

I'll take your link as a voucher. Let's start there.
Here's a paragraph from the article:
Medics took blood samples for analysis - about four hundred samples placed immediately in a refrigerator. Nutritionists scrutinised the food in the tuba. This is where the first surprises awaited the researchers. A local proverb says: "a Tubu is content with a date a day - he eats the rind in the morning, the pulp in the afternoon and the bone in the evening". The proverb is not far from the truth. The Toubou menu, which does not change throughout the year, consists of a thick herbal tea-like concoction which they drink for breakfast, a few dates for lunch, and a handful of boiled millet, sometimes with palm oil or a sauce of grated roots, for supper. That is all.

The researchers who took blood and food for analysis were like "scientists" who tried to understand the book by measuring its linear dimensions, counting printed characters and pages, but nothing, including weighing on the most accurate scales and spectral analysis of the book material allowed "scientists" to understand the meaning and idea of the author. "Scientists" did not understand the main thing: The idea of the book lies/is in the realm of the intangible.

So, health is a concept immaterial, in other words, spiritual. In the intangible world there is neither little, nor much, nor very much. Everything exists there at the same time.
All non-material, includinghealth, is determined and controlled by our consciousness and thoughts. An international expedition (see article) is doomed to fail if the source of health is sought in the material world.

Science has long known Tibetan monks over three hundred years old. By the way, Buddhism is not a religion, but a science of consciousness and its management.
As soon as you learn how to manage your thoughts, you will immediately forget about the problem of health.

You're getting sidetracked again. It's not about scientists, it's about the people of Tubu and their health.

---

Something tells me Tibetan monks don't smoke. Why is that? Probably they believe that it is not good for their body, and therefore not for their spirit. So it's bad for their health. That means they are not too healthy. The circle is closed.)

alexx_v:
Something tells me that Tibetan monks don't smoke. Why is that? Apparently they think it's not good for their bodies and therefore their spirits. Which means it's bad for their health. That means they are not too healthy. The circle is closed.)
They do not smoke or drink as the Europeans understand it.

I didn't want to tell you, but I will. About a year and a half ago, my uncle had his leg amputated because of gangrene. Started for no reason. When we asked the doctors, they said it was normal in smokers. So let everyone think for himself whether he can avoid the disease or not. The environment has been polluted with ecology anyway, and we try to finish ourselves off with cigarettes and alcohol. And we try to justify our weakness in the face of addiction with proverbs such as "It's a pity to die healthy". So those who have given up smoking and better yet drinking congratulations on your second birthday. And those who continue, you may continue to wish each other health with a raised glass of alcohol, then smoke it all with a stinking cigarette and "enjoy" life. No offence or insult intended.

P.S. Try telling people like that that too much health is bad)

Take care of yourself, no one will do it but you. And it is better to live and die healthy.

>

alexx_v:

You're getting sidetracked again. It's not about scientists, it's about the people of Tubu and their health.

And I am about the people of Tubu. This is how they live and they don't seem to be able or willing to think differently.

The details, of course, are here.

And where the legs come from - here.

Kitsan:

I didn't want to tell you, but I will. A year and a half ago my uncle had his leg amputated, because of gangrene. Started for no reason. When we asked the doctors, they said it was normal in smokers. So let everyone think for himself whether he can avoid the disease or not. The environment has been polluted with ecology anyway, and we try to finish ourselves off with cigarettes and alcohol. And we try to justify our weakness in the face of addiction with proverbs such as "It's a pity to die healthy". So those who have given up smoking and better yet drinking congratulations on your second birthday. And those who continue, you may continue to wish each other good health with a raised glass of alcohol, then smoke it all with a stinking cigarette and "enjoy" life. No offence or insult intended.

P.S. Try telling people like that that too much health is bad)

Take care of yourself, no one will do it but you. And it is better to live and die healthy.

If I knew for sure that I would live another 20 years, 20 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 20 seconds, and not smoking 20 turns into 30, maybe I would stop smoking. You never know! Why wait for the grace of the unknown? Smoking succumbs for a moment to the next 60 minutes, temporarily forgetting the turmoil. The nervous system relaxes as there is nothing to do while smoking, but I still think smoking is an evil visited on smokers once and for all, and as for quitters, I say they weren't real smokers to begin with. Smokers are doomed and slowly die by voluntarily accepting this fate.
>

yosuf:
If I knew for sure that I would live another 20 years, 20 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 20 seconds and not smoking 20 turns into 30, maybe I would stop smoking. You never know! Why wait for the grace of the unknown? Smoking succumbs for a moment to the next 60 minutes, temporarily forgetting the turmoil. The nervous system relaxes as there is nothing to do while smoking, but I still think smoking is an evil visited on smokers once and for all, and I will say about those who quit, they were not real smokers to begin with. Smokers are doomed and slowly die by voluntarily accepting this fate.

So, too, no one knows. But why burden yourself with such thoughts. I, for example, do extreme sports and I don't know when I'm going to break my neck (three cheers).

People say they have had a drink/smoke and are relaxed, when the best relaxation is just sleeping. They don't know that a drink and a puff is a shock to the body and especially to the brain. About this very clearly says Zhdanov (do not take for advertising), who is interested in the interest can download and watch his video lectures.

But in general, this is a private matter. Just ask yourself the question: "Would you want your children/grandchildren to smoke? Most will answer no. Then why do you smoke?

yosuf:
If I knew for sure that I would live another 20 years, 20 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 20 seconds and not smoking 20 turns into 30, maybe I would stop smoking. You never know! Why wait for the grace of the unknown? Smoking succumbs for a moment to the next 60 minutes, temporarily forgetting the turmoil. The nervous system rests as there is nothing to do while smoking, ....

contradicts this

yosuf:
...but I still consider smoking an evil, visited smokers once and for all, and as for quitters I will say, they weren't real smokers to begin with. Smokers are doomed and slowly die by voluntarily accepting this fate.

Reason: