Market manipulation - page 8

Svinozavr:

By the way, friends. There is a difference in Russian. Pride and Pride. And in English? Both are pride. I've even read the Bible in English - no difference.

But there is a difference, isn't there?

There is no difference. )

Ichor:

The Exchange is an intermediary that brings together your orders and the Broker is the market maker, who often puts a spread on the lantern and acts as the other side of the deal, i.e. he plays against you, so you will not know the truth!

Bullshit - a broker as well as a market maker do not trade independently. One executes orders, the other is a liquidity provider, all the more so because there are no FOREX brokers.... I wonder why it is so, may be it is a psychological peculiarity: instead of studying the subject they start to rave about some subject ??????. And then a bunch of silly threads and assertions clearly shows the degree of "farness" from the knowledge of the subject and "incompetence" of the author .....

VladislavVG:
Bullshit - a broker as well as a market maker does not trade independently. One executes orders, the other is a liquidity provider, especially since there are no FOREX brokers.... I wonder why it is so, may be it is a psychological peculiarity: instead of studying the subject they start to rave about some subject ??????. And then a bunch of stupid threads and assertions that clearly show the degree of "farness" from the knowledge of the subject and "incompetence" of the author .....

You are wrong. Much, of course, depends on the market. For example on MICEX, the status of a market maker can easily be obtained http://www.micex.ru/markets/stock/participation/marketmakers. And they make transactions both on their own behalf (at their own risk), and on behalf of clients. "A market maker undertakes obligations at all times (except for quotation breaks) to submit market maker's orders on his own behalf and at his own expense, as well as on behalf of himself and at the expense of clients during the trading session...".

Their duties are strictly regulated too, as are their benefits. The same is true on FX. If the bank is a market maker, then the liquidity it provides is the trades it executes for its clients and for its own benefit. This of course does not mean that they have to make money on price differences (although no one forbids it), but they trade on their own behalf, in their own interest and at their own risk, and not just relaying their clients' orders for a fee.

Avals:

You are wrong. Of course, a lot depends on the market. For example on MICEX, the status of a market maker is relatively easy to obtain http://www.micex.ru/markets/stock/participation/marketmakers. And they make transactions both on their own behalf (at their own risk) and on behalf of clients. "A market maker undertakes obligations at all times (except for quotation breaks) to submit market maker's orders on his own behalf and at his own expense, as well as on behalf of himself and at the expense of his clients during the trading session...".

Their duties, too, are strictly regulated, as are their benefits. The same is true on FX. If the bank is a market maker, the liquidity it provides is the trades it executes for its clients and for its own benefit. Of course, this does not mean that they have to make money on price differences (although no one forbids it), but they trade on their own behalf, in their own interest and at their own risk, and not just relaying the orders of their clients for a fee.

No... In FOREX this is a 'third party' transaction.... "Don't read the Soviet newspapers before lunch"... What does the MICEX have to do with FOREX ? no more than any trader or dealing with a sufficient deposit. You also remember BBB..... Learn the math at .....

VladislavVG:
No - study the differences .....

I gave you a specific link that you are wrong - market makers have the right to make and carry out transactions in their own interests and at their own risk. I communicate with people who perform these functions on the MMVB and I have an approximate idea of what they earn. From you there is nothing but unsubstantiated moralizing. Bring the source of your knowledge. Where did you read about market makers' work in the forex market, what are the reliable sources? I hope this is not some lame-o bullshit like that of Squeaky, but something official and close to the source? :)

VladislavVG:
Learn the basics .....
i have a suspicion that you yourself do not know it))))

Avals:

I gave you a specific link that you are wrong - market makers have the right to make and execute trades in their own interest and at their own risk. I communicate with people who perform these functions on the MMVB and have an approximate idea of what they earn. From you there is nothing but unsubstantiated moralizing. Bring the source of your knowledge. Where did you read about market makers' work in the forex market, what are the reliable sources? I hope this is not some lame-o bullshit like that of Squeaky, but something official and close to the source? :)

What does the MICEX have to do with FOREX? They can only make the rules in their own kitchen - no more ....

In this case "kitchen" is not a synonym for the term used to describe dishonest DCs....

VladislavVG:
What does MMVB have to do with FOREX? They can only set the rules in their kitchen - no more ....

such that Ichor, to whom you arrogantly replied, wrote about exchanges as well.

Give me the source where it is written that MM "does not trade independently" in the foreign exchange market. Or only "non-self-trading")))

Avals:

The fact that Ichor, to whom you responded arrogantly, wrote about exchanges as well.

Give me the source where it is written that MM "does not trade independently" in the foreign exchange market. Or only "non-self-trading")))

He didn't write about exchanges - he wrote about FOREX, the over-the-counter market, and called it an exchange...

On MM, start from here at least https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersmktmakerhtm.html

Good luck ....

SZS and by the way, in FOREX the concept of market maker is different from other markets: in FOREX it is the third party to the transaction, a guarantor of liquidity.... Although recently, with the increase in the speed of access and the financial participation of various dealers, they also often act as market makers, or rather liquidity providers, but there is a significant difference: they have no obligation to maintain liquidity in FOREX.

VladislavVG:

He didn't write about exchanges - he wrote about FOREX, the over-the-counter market, and called it an exchange...

if a man writes "exchange", he probably means.... exchange)))

VladislavVG:

As for MM, at least start here https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersmktmakerhtm.html

Do you read what you say? You yourself write that it is not about exchanges, but you give a link to the definition of mm for stocks from the "Securities and Exchange Commission". And where does it say what you claim to be true: "does not trade independently"?

VladislavVG:

By the way, in FOREX the concept of a market maker differs from other markets: in FOREX it is the third party to a transaction, a liquidity guarantor.... Although recently, with the increase in the speed of access and the financial participation of various dealers, they also often act as market makers, or liquidity providers, but there is a significant difference: they have no obligation to maintain liquidity in the FOREX.

:) the third party is cool! And what is liquidity according to you?
Reason: