Sperandeo indicator. - page 15

This is a non-negotiable discussion from my point of view, so I decided to give the LAST post.

Most of all beginners have problems with the fact that they enter in the right direction(there are many different signals allowing to determine the entry point and direction), but either the price does not reach the take and, having turned around, from a good profit makes a good loss, or vice versa - do not allow profit to grow out of fear of losing earned money.

If a person understands the market and can determine where the price is at the moment (TP1 or MinTP), then with a correct stop one can enter at any place (and even without waiting for signals). The only thing that must be adhered to is the TP/SL ratio that satisfies a trader.

In general, there is "my" variant and the Worsh variant - 2 variants, directed diametrically opposite - whatever seems more logical to a trader. If you try for a long time, you will reach the final goal with any variant, sooner or later. )))

EVladMih:

With me, that's a mistake )))) Judging by what you have written, we think about the same way (and there are no other options in trading).

In any case, the correct SL and the minimum TP (TP1, others are a separate topic) must be placed before the order is opened, otherwise no one knows what price you are trying to reach and what you are fighting at. The stop may be moved only for a trawl, and TP1 is moved only when a planning error is detected, but in this case we may not have to play with TP, and after admitting a mistake, close the order quickly and stupidly with our own hands.

The case when in the process of developing a trade we have an opportunity to place it on a longer term position (to decrease the TP or to move it further) - this is a special case, there are a lot of such cases and they should be discussed separately. If we are talking about fundamental things, then TP and STOP should be set like ours at Moscow in 41). The other approaches usually indicate the absence of a system.

Sorry if in the next post you suggested stopping the discussion and I didn't understand it. I am interested in your developments and approaches (I am reading them in your threads in other forums now), but I have my own cockroaches :)

What you see as a special case, to me it seems to be the main and fundamental feature of the trend following trading systems: the possibility to "let profits grow" and the possibility to "cut losses". This is easy and uncomplicated to do:

1. Since the trend is detected with a significant delay, we enter the market by a leading signal of a trend reversal, for example - by the pattern "1-2-3". TP and SL, of course, we set and strictly observe. In this case the trend of a higher order may be used to filter false signals (c, Paukas) along with the selection of optimal characteristics of fractals, used when constructing a pattern (c, Gerasimm).

2. If over time with an open position the trend is recognized in the tail direction, TP becomes a simple indicator line, when it is reached, the position is not closed (we allow profits to grow), and SL is moved to Breakeven (or anywhere else, i.e. "cut losses").

2.1 Upon a re-open signal, the SL is moved to the level of the new position, and it is a matter of taste to open this position or stay within the first one. Cut losses.

2.2 Closing a position - on a signal of reversal, or the end of the trend. Let the profit grow.

3. if the trend is canceled before the TP level is broken, we immediately "pull up" somewhere SL (not necessarily) and close the position when TP, or SL (as luck would have it) is reached.

Consequences:

1. Unnecessary forecasting. It does not matter, where we may reach - we sit on the trend, as long as it is alive.

2. Strictness of TC formalisation and possibility of dynamic parameter optimisation due to low computational complexity.

tara:

"let profits rise" against the backdrop of being able to "cut losses". This is done with ease and simplicity:

tara, you've laid out the theory beautifully. However, there is one "but" - all too often attempts to let profits grow lead to its (profit) decrease and even to losses (including at correct entries).

That's why I've clarified the phrase "letting profits grow" with the addition: "to reasonable limits". I know that many people might want to make fun of "reasonableness", but in fact it can be ANY mathematically valid guideline. For example, Dinapoli also uses a similar term, he has it "COP" - literary translation stands for "Reasonable Profit Target".

But trawls (with and without flips) probably have a right to life as well. But I would like to see at least part of the implementation of your "easy and relaxed" description.

You're welcome - but it's not on Sperandeo.

If you're interested - "Catching a reversal or correction".

And this is how it works with the Sperandeo trend (code still in progress):

tara:

And this is how it works with the Sperandeo trend (code is still in progress):

Honestly, I didn't see any Sperandeo trend.

Maybe that's why and... didn't understand anything.

You and I have slightly different views on this issue, which is why I don't shine in your threads.

The only global trends shown are those relative to which the market has always been on one side, even if you extend these lines by a "backward" ray.

In other words, a global trend is always a tangent, i.e. a linear element of approximation of the market envelope for all time of its (market's) existence.

Concerning Sperandeo: its proposal to consider only those trends, and only those trends, the maximal "drawdown" of the price for which occurred after the last touch of the trend by the price, is decisive for me.

By the way, this approach essentially equals the notion of a trend and the line drawn from point "1" through point "3" of the pattern "1-2-3" to infinity :) with the only difference that such a trend will be local.

tara, Vic has a fairly simple definition and equally simple rules of construction. You are free to do as you please, but don't mislead people! - Open a branch on trendingtara (not to be confused with tarot. :)

Whatever you say :(

Reason: