Sperandeo indicator. - page 13

bolt:

If, after the price has broken the trend line, we buy when the price breaks the resulting upper fractal, is this consistent with the strategy of this method?

Roughly, yes, it should be the minimum of the previous trend formed before the breakdown, as I remember. Worsh knows more exactly.

Well, if the signal is not false when the upper fractal is broken, the low was already there. And if the signal is false and the price turns down after breaking through the upper fractal, the low was false. The eternal problem of correct identification of a reversal or correction. It seems to me that Sperandeo is not helpful in this matter.

Just the situation when after the formation of the upper fractal the price made a new low and then broke that fractal upwards is not a sperandeo. Do you want to know right away if there will be a renewed low or if price will go up? it's impossible (almost).

ZZZEROXXX:
Just a situation where after the formation of an upper fractal the price made a new low and then broke that fractal upwards is not a sperandeo. Do you want to know right away if the low will be updated or if the price will go up? It's impossible (almost).
You mean that on a Sperandeo the entry at point 2 is when the trend line is retested? But how to catch this point the price does not always reach the trend line. I myself understand that Sperandeo does not give any guarantees. It seems to me that the only thing it gives is an entry point where you can use a small stoploss. And thanks to that you can have an advantage. In case of several unsuccessful entries we may get one good entry with TP several times bigger than stoploss (if we have caught a trend) and more than compensate for the losses.

ZZZEROXXX:
имхо от сдвига точек тренд не перестает быть трендом

It doesn't stop. But it's not just the trend that's important to me, it's also the High and Low of the candles. And in this case, they are very different from each other, which gives a lot of false entries. And sometimes it is a herd of losers. Do we need them?

bolt:

If, after the price has broken the trend line, we buy when the price breaks the resulting upper fractal, is this consistent with the strategy of this method?

It is not very clear what we are talking about. And fractals are different. Therefore, it would be better to present questions with a screenshot. Then you will be able to suggest something.

Worsh:

It doesn't stop. But it's not just the trend that's important to me, it's also the High and Low of the candles. And in this case they are very different from each other, which gives a lot of false entries. And sometimes it is a herd of losers. Do we need them?

High and low differ, yes, but that doesn't make them false extrema ))). I suspect that the same herd of elbows exists on the "correct" chart, it simply moves from one place to another when the start of the candle counting is shifted =)

bolt:
Do you mean that on the Sperandeo the entry at point 2 is when the trend line is retested?
No, I do not mean it, it is not important, I think you have the right idea where the trend is broken and where it is not. Actually, the issue of the exit is more interesting to me - we may have caught the trend at the 10th try, but where should we exit? On the opposite signal, i.e. also on the 10th try? ))))

ZZZEROXXX:
No, that's not what I meant, it doesn't matter, I think you have the right idea where the trend is broken and where it is not. I am actually more interested in the question of the exit. So we caught the trend, on the 10th try, but where do we exit? On the opposite signal, i.e. also on the 10th try? ))))

Probably, we should exit using the Fibonacci system. Close one half of the position at 50% of the previous trend and exit half of it without loss at 61.8% that is reached. If a trend is caught, it might be worth closing it after a pullback to 31.8%.

ZZZEROXXX:
I'm actually more interested in the exit question, so we catch a trend on the 10th try, but where do we exit? On the reverse signal, i.e. also on the 10th try? ))))
You entered the market on what try? The same as you came out on the first try.
Reason: