The smartest thoughts about trading - page 3

C-4: Which Williams are you talking about? ...............

I thought I was going to get a kick out of you, Vasily, for Larry. Nothing struck me in his words, I fully agree with this phrase. On the contrary, many people disagree. The problem is that many phrases, and not only from L.W.'s work, can be understood in two or three ways and that's exactly what happens, but more about that later.

C-4:

What are you talking about? About that charlatan and dexterous mind manipulator Bill Williams or ....

1. Not every fractal breakthrough is true.

2. Not every intertwining of alligator lines is the beginning or end of a trend.

3. Constant (standard) alligator parameters are poorly adapted for price prediction.

But Williams did not have to elaborate on this. Either the markets were different then, or he did it on purpose. The TS idea becomes fully operational and wildly profitable, if these drawbacks are eliminated. )))

fozi:

To quote a classic - A. Elder's How to Play and Win at the Stock Exchange:

....Trusting your money to an automated system is like trusting your life to autopilot. The first unforeseen event will destroy your account.

Edler writes nonsense. He seems to have systems that trade without stops in huge lots.

artikul:

Why does your indicator code not work for me? It doesn't draw anything.
Files:
ma.mq4  1 kb

artikul:

1. Not every fractal breakthrough is true.

2. Not every intertwining of alligator lines is the beginning or end of a trend.

3. Constant (standard) alligator parameters are poorly adapted for price prediction.

But Williams did not have to elaborate on this. Either the markets were different then, or he did it on purpose. The TS idea becomes fully operational and wildly profitable, if these drawbacks are eliminated. )))

How do you eliminate them?

Stells:

Why does your indicator code not work for me? It doesn't draw anything.

Because it reads the period from a global variable, the value of which is set by EA. This code is just an example (illustration) )))

ZZZEROXXX:

So how do you eliminate them?

There is a common misconception on this forum that a tick is every price change. The value of this information is zero. A tick is a structure of bars and tick volumes, after its formation the price cannot move in one of two possible directions. The market, of course, chooses the direction by simultaneously breaking through the level high \ low and dynamic wave, whose period and shift are equal to the number of bars in the structure described above. After that a fractal breakout is always found, the alligator splits the balance lines and strong movement begins. )))

Above Williams' TS (fractals and alligator), below - dynamic mouse and breakout levels, blue rectangle - strong continuation or trend reversal zone, bottom indicator - modified BW MFI, bar structure - consecutive four times colour change of histogram (tick volumes and price simultaneously) without repeats.

paukas:
Edler writes nonsense. He seems to have systems that trade with huge lots without a stop.

I don't think so, the stops are 100 poods, but the strategy is aggressive. (as far as I know he has lots of methods of scaling in the trend) and if he's lucky then in one not bad trend you can increase the deposit up to 100%, but if he's not lucky it's too bad :)

2 artikul

do you define the boundaries of the blue triangle by the BW MFI?

it's not very clear how the wristwatch adapts. period=shift=what?

in addition to the described half-square gannes, cyclic lines and some horizontals (how were they formed?) on your graph - what's the point of that?

ZZZEROXXX:

2 artikul

do you define the limits of the blue triangle by the BW MFI?

it's not very clear how the wristwatch adapts. period=shift=what?

apart from the one you described, you have a half-square hannah, cyclic lines and some horizontals on the chart (how were they formed?) - what's the point of that?

They are different indices, but the principle is the same ))) Williams has a formula (HIGH - LOW) / VOLUME, I select only bars for which OHLC values are all simultaneously greater or less than the OHLC value of the previous bar. That's why there are so many gaps. And the graphical plots are just a bunch (for the sake of investigation) relative to the blue rectangle borders, and they are quite accurate, the price is simply glued to them, even the Fibo time zones are accurate. )))

Once again, the period and shift of the wave is equal to the number of bars inside the blue rectangle that is plotted on the histogram. When the market reaches this critical zone - everything is completely redrawn, unlike the alligator (the TS is dynamically adjusting to the market)

Reason: