Chandelier - page 15

baykanur: объясните пожалуйста на каком тф работает система ведь все свечи разные бывают вот два графика пятницы евро долл один H1 H4 на одном свеча бычья, а на другом медвежья так что мне делать в понедельник?

Read carefully the first message in the thread, I`ve highlighted it in red for you:

JonKatana:

Candelabra is a trading system that requires no indicators or technical analysis, working on a clean chart, with a single order. It requires only 5 minutes once a day.

Description: After the close of the daily candle of the previous day, open an order at the Open price of the coming day in the same direction, in which was formed a daily candle of the previous day (if it was bullish - open order Buy, if bearish - Sell) with Stop Loss on the extremum of the previous day candle (if we place an order Buy, then the Stop Loss for it expose on the low price mark of the previous day candle, if we place the order Sell, then the Stop Loss for it expose on the High position of the previous day candle). Take Profit or Trailing Stop are not used.

At the end of the day (by the end of the day candle), there are three possible options:

1) The order type is correct, and the daily candle closed in the profitable direction. Then the order is closed, the profit is fixed, and the algorithm repeats.

2) A Stop Loss has triggered. The algorithm is repeated from the beginning.

3) The candlestick turns in an unprofitable direction, but it has not reached Stop Loss level during the day. Then this order is left until it does not trigger the Stop Loss, or any subsequent day will not close in profit for this order. A new order is still placed every day according to the algorithm regardless of the previous day's pending orders.

P. S.: manual testing of EURUSD during the last 110 days has shown +2400 points of profit, with a maximal continuous drawdown being about 350 points.

baykanur:

No offence to John Katana, here is his quote from here about candlesticks https://www.mql5.com/ru/code

It's a bit unclear to me John Katana explain if candlestick analysis is meaningless then how the system works.

To me, candlestick analysis is more than just looking at a previous candlestick and opening an order in the same direction. Candlestick analysis is about discovering patterns in candlesticks of different shapes, or groups of candlesticks, or combinations of candlesticks from different timeframes. Therefore there is no contradiction - I do not analyse anything, but simply place an order in the same direction in which the previous day's candle closed.

The Open and Close prices are really rubbish and make no difference. In Candelabra, you place an order at the end of the previous day. The fact that the price at that moment is called Close or Open does not change anything - you have to place an order at a strictly defined time - that's all. You can call the price at noon - this will not make it more important, it is a normal price.

JonKatana thanks for your reply since I asked the question a lot has changed, the system does work reports will try to post them soon.

I will try to attach my reports soon. In general, you are an interesting man who criticizes you and others praise you, but none of your ideas goes unnoticed, take an avalanche discussion.

But apparently the market is set up to employ not only ideas but also people who divide into two categories: those who benefit from it and those who do not, those who support communication and discussion of systems and those who do not benefit from it are only owners of the mql4 forum.

As there is no thread on this forum where a working (profitable trading system) and that would not succumb to strong criticism

So let's dare your system

P.S Looking for new ideas from JonKatana

baykanur:

JonKatana thanks for your reply since I asked the question a lot has changed, the system does work reports will try to post them soon.

I will try to attach reports in the nearest future. You are an interesting man who criticizes you and often praises you.

But apparently the market is set up to employ not only ideas but also people who divide into two categories, some benefit others do not, those who benefit from it support communication and discussion of systems, and only mql4 forum owners do not benefit from it, why I do not know (maybe someone is paying for it) reason and consequence always exist.

As there is no thread on this forum where a working (profitable trading system) and that would not succumb to strong criticism

So let's dare your system

P.S Looking for new ideas from JonKatana

You haven't seen Rabbit yet... Take a look.

baykanur:

P.S Waiting for more ideas from JonKatana

Where are you going? These should be mastered...!!!

Roman.:
Where are you going? I'd like to master these...

Hmmm... I wrote an EA (strictly for a tester!!!) using the algorithm in the first post (it's quite simple). The results - neither fish nor meat... So-so. For this year - in profit, but otherwise - it fails.

Here, you can test it yourself.

Files:

JonKatana:

For me, candlestick analysis is more than just looking at a previous candle and opening an order in the same direction. Candlestick analysis is about figuring out patterns for candlesticks of different shapes, groups of candlesticks, or combinations of candlesticks from different timeframes. Therefore there is no contradiction - I am not analyzing anything, but simply placing an order in the same direction in which the previous day's candle closed.

The Open and Close prices are really rubbish and have no significance. In Candelabra you place an order at the end of the previous day. The price being called Close or Open does not change anything - you just have to place the order at a certain time. You can call the price at noon - this will not make it more important, it is a normal price.

Are they rubbish? Don't "blah-blah". Compare this EA which works on Open/Close with the one (according to your algorithm) which works on Hi/Low. The results are similar (if not better)!!!
Files:

Cmu4:

Hmm... I wrote an EA (strictly for the tester!!!) using the algorithm in the first post (it's quite simple). Results - neither fish nor meat... So-so. For this year - in profit, and so - loses.

Here, you can test it yourself.

Corrected version of the closing function

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void profit_close()
{
   for (int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--) 
   {
      if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) 
      {
         if (OrderProfit()>0) 
         {
            int order_type=OrderType();
            if(order_type==OP_BUY)
               OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,3,Red);
            else if(order_type==OP_SELL)
               OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,3,Green);
         }
      }
   }
}

Question. Why close if the system is supposed to enter in the same direction?

Vinin:

Corrected version of the closing function

But it works with a bool, too! If you don't mind me asking, how is this better?
Reason: