Catching a reversal or correction - page 25

The thing is that at any given moment the price has up to a hundred levels of different order and origin, so show unimportant ones - just to litter the air :o). Moving confidently, soon crawling into the private zone :o).

Just joining your discussion... I think tara is right when he says that good signals in the new version are filtered out too tightly. I'm mulling over the outputs for now, but a rigid correspondence to max/min distance is not a good solution.

Question to tara: Can you move the level breakdown signal to external buffers (more interested in version 1.2)? And another thing, the indicator occasionally disappears...

dzhini:

Just joining your discussion... I think tara is right when he says that good signals in the new version are filtered out too tightly. I'm mulling over the outputs for now, but a rigid correspondence to max/min distance is not a good solution.

Question to tara: Can you move the level breakdown signal to external buffers (more interested in version 1.2)? And another thing, the indicator occasionally disappears...

I was suggesting to start with such output targets.There something will unfold in the process, as long as the inputs are not clear as well...

dzhini:

Question to tara: could you display level breakdown signal in external buffers (I'm more interested in version 1.2) and another thing, the indicator occasionally disappears...

I will put the level breakdown signals to external buffers today.

When the indicator partially disappears, you should re-initialize it (by switching the TF, or opening properties window).

I am posting version 1.3.1. Added ability to detect "not strict" patterns 1-2-3 (built on two "older" fractals: points 1 and 2). The number of patterns has increased and we have some indication of a flat. To refuse to recognize "non-strict" patterns, set StrongPatterns=true

Gerasimm:
I suggested we start with such exit targets.There something will unfold in the process, while the inputs are not all clear either.
I'm going to set SL as you suggested, and TP - based on expectation of price movement from point 3 of the same spread as in section 1-2. I can show you your variant as well, if you think it is appropriate.

tara:
I'm going to determine SL as you suggested, and TP - based on expectation of price movement from point 3 of the same range as in section 1-2. I can also show you your variant if you think it is appropriate.
I don't think it is reasonable, maybe as a start variant, but it is obvious to the naked eye that such stops will bite us off.)

Something tells me that each instrument should have its own TP and SL method.

tara, there are two pictures in the archive. number 1 is 1.2; number 2 is 1.3.1. To be honest, I like 1.2 better. Thanks for the interesting indicator ))))
Files:
archive.zip  83 kb

dzhini:
Something tells me that each instrument should have its own TP and SL method.
It's the same everywhere with few exceptions.

If we enter after breaking through a fractal, we should look how far to the first low and, ideally, put a pivot on it.

I think so if you enter after the breakthrough of a fractal, you should look till the first low, then put a pt after it and the pt is the width between the pater 1-2 in points, when the price goes over 70-80%, you can take it to the breakeven, If volatility of the pair is not very volatile you can calculate a certain range from the entry point to the first minimum before the entry point, the error can take 20-30%, the total will leave 70-80% when the price does not crawl to the mean, and turns, and the ndp is either by a fixed amount or watch sl*1,5, sl*2, etc.or make floating TP, so profits would flow or close some part of it, plus add some profit on pullbacks... we can invent a lot of other things, plus mm, etc.

this is all purely my imho... statistics may of course be completely different :)

Reason: