[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 429

Comrades,

Can you advise me or give me a link to read about this question?

How reliable is the built-in Strategy Tester test data? That is, whether the result of real trading in the account is similar to the calculations of the tester? Are there any details/claims that need to be known when testing an auto-trading strategy in the built-in Strategy Tester? I faced the following problem: I wrote a strategy based on two indicators (main and confirming) and decided to test it in the Strategy Tester every month since 01.01.2009. It happened so that I tested the strategy twice on М30 timeframe (I did not change the strategy), but both of them have demonstrated different results, to my surprise. Expectation of the first attempt is +0.65, and -0.98 for the second one. What can it be related to? Possible alternative - I screwed up something or my memory does not give me reliable data :).

Sersad:

Comrades,

Can you advise me or give me a link to read about this question?

How reliable is the built-in Strategy Tester test data? That is, whether the result of real trading in the account is similar to the calculations of the tester? Are there any details/claims that need to be known when testing an auto-trading strategy in the built-in Strategy Tester? I faced the following problem: I wrote a strategy based on two indicators (main and confirming) and decided to test it in the Strategy Tester every month since 01.01.2009. It happened so that I tested the strategy twice on М30 timeframe (I did not change the strategy), but both of them have demonstrated different results, to my surprise. Expectation of the first attempt is +0.65, and -0.98 for the second one. What can it be related to? Possible alternative - I screwed up something or my memory does not give me reliable data :).

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I apologise for my essentially unnecessary question, because I've searched the site for a bunch of links and I'm sitting here reading...

Vinin:

What is the slipage?
slipage 2.

Sersad:
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I apologise for my essentially unnecessary question, because I found a bunch of links in a site search and I'm sitting here reading...

But of course, you have to know reservations. They are not always written about them. Although there is something

Good afternoon, everyone! I have been in forex for 3 months now, so please don't "kick" me. I found the Dashkov system somewhere and am using it now. I use it now:

It uses indicators MA(PERIOD 9, method smooted. Apply to Median prise hl/2- green), MA(PERIOD 15, method smooted. Apply to Median prise hl/2- red), MA(PERIOD 25, method smooted. Apply to Median prise hl/2- blue).

Also RSI indicators are used (period 5, apply close. Levels 41 and 59.) and whillams indicator percent range - it is applied to rsi and has period 9 and colour red.

The MA levels show the trend direction (if they weave - no trades at all).

Additional signal for entry is crossing by indicator whillams percent range level 41 to buy (assuming that the green indicator MA is at the top of other moving curves) or crossing the same level 59 to sell (assuming that the green indicator MA is at the bottom of other moving curves.) SL is set at the red moving curve

In this regard, I need an EA to be able to open trades in my absence when whillams percent range crosses the required level depending on the mooving. Is it possible to write such an EA?

Many thanks in advance!!!

grifon20062:
Thank you very much in advance!!!

this branch does not write expert and code for you, it helps here if you start creating an expert yourself.

To order an Expert Advisor, go here

moved to
YOLex:

Help me to understand, what can the compilation error message mean?

\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari\experts\VecSpr0PMNV1.mq4 (275, 3)

An error occurs when compiling the Expert Advisor VecSpr0PMNV1.mq4, which I wrote using MetaEditor 4.

The compiler points to the last(empty) position of the EA - line 275, column 3.

Also, where can I find a list of errors that occur during compilation?

YOLex:

end_of_program - unbalanced left parenthesis - you are here - http://www.translate.ru/

You have an open parenthesis somewhere, but not closed.

Can you please tell me why the EA stops opening positions? Can the DCs block the EA's work? The Expert Advisor is saying on M1 "Waiting for allowed time", but after a few minutes does not open a position. However, it worked fine an hour ago on M5.

What do the messages in the log mean?

2011.06.08 02:48:30 '746357': login

2011.06.08 02:48:20 Experts are disabled because the account has been changed

2011.06.08 02:34:28 '746357': ping failed

2011.06.08 02:51:33 '7849792': DataCenter connecting failed [6]

How do I get my EA working again?