[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 110

"!" means "not". i.e. "if(!rain)" is "if(rain==false)".

continue ends the loop body (while or for). in this case, it is used to continue searching, searching

The advisor has stopped working. Help!!! There are four windows open (different pairs). The same Expert Advisor is installed in each one. When the EA is installed, according to the calculated data, it has to place a pending order. If we change the Expert Advisor's input data on the chart, the order will be placed. Now, if we delete the EA and paste it again to the window, nothing happens when the EA is laughing (i.e., the order is not placed). Changing the input data does not lead to anything either. There are no errors in logs. All this was working until Friday. This bug has appeared since Monday. I wrote the Expert Advisor myself, so I have installed and uninstalled it many times and never had any problems with it. I switched off the computer on Friday and on Monday I got this error. . Adding to the function init() Alert() and nothing? 13:09:47 my strategia USDCHF,M30: loaded successfully 13:10:10 my srategia USDCHF,M30 inputs: nLot=0.1; what could be the reason?

eddy:

Sayod , I think so.

do you know how to check in a tester?

Thank you, I checked. But it doesn't do the opposite, i.e. instead of take profit stop loss, do you know how ilan works? Is it possible to make it trade against you, in favour of the broker? More precisely: it opens a deal with a stop loss of 10 pips, if the stop loss goes in, a new deal is opened, etc. And if a deal goes in the profitable direction, then he starts to average and increase the volume?

I use Comment in my EA to display some data on the screen.

There are 2 computers. On one of them everything works, on the second one, instead of any text it displays "allow dll import". If I uncheck the box in the settings, it shows the text I need until the next tick, then again "allow dll import"

What can be the reason?

artmedia70:
Let me give you the nut and you tell me why the car won't start... :)

Hello! If possible, could you please tell me why the car won't start? :-)

why make it trade against you, in favour of the broker?

eddy:
Why make it trade against you in favour of the broker?
Have you ever used this EA on real account? I have used it and I lost lots of money. So I think if it were the other way round we would get a very good EA) It does everything wrong (martingale, averaging, etc.) and I lose money all the time and the profit is ridiculous.)

Sayod:
I used it for real? I have used it and I lost lots of money.) I think if it were the other way round, it would make a very good EA) It all goes very wrong (martingale, averaging, etc.) and keeps on losing and the profit is ridiculous.)
This is practically the same as writing a new EA.

Sayod:
do you know how ilan works?
can you provide a link to the description/instructions?

eddy:
can i have a link to the description/instructions?
It's very simple: the deal is opened following the trend, take profit 10 pips, they don't have STOP LOSS!!! And there can't be for the simple reason that for them it's like death! If take profit is triggered, history repeats itself, the EA will open one more trade and this will continue until the price reverses. When the price turns against the open saddle, the advisor will add another trade with double lot (averaging) and this will continue until the price turns in the right direction and all deals will close successfully with a small profit. The authors recommend optimizing almost every day:)))
The two main parameters for this - (Lot Exponent) and (PipStep)
Bullshit!
If you have "got your tail stuck" and a powerful trend started, which is more than 300 points without a rollback - no coefficients will help you!
At minimum lot (0.01) and recommended deposit size = 2000, the Expert Advisor can "take a direct hit" = 250-300 points.
At the same time, it increases the initial lot already 100(!) times!

I.e. at next 300 points it will be already 10000.
And the profit is linear.

That is, the RISK increases at times - and profit is NOT

I couldn't find the link, but you can check it on a demo just to make sure.)
Reason: