Recognising images ( rhetorical theme ) - page 8

gip:

Actually a successful pattern recognition algorithm is rare. And there are a lot of bad ones.

Still no answer to the question. Again, what does "successful recognition algorithm" mean? I have a figure recognition algorithm, how can I tell if it's successful or not? What if I give it and it's no good?

>> I need: the number of recognized situations at least once a day.

What if the market will not draw figures for a week or two? О_0

I can usually tell if it's successful or not in about two days. A simple verbal description is enough to get you started.

RomanS:

... I also tried a huge number of patterns and the result was 50/50 and only after I updated the TS with conditions, I got very good results... The only optimization parameter is the zigzag step...
and on OOS the positive result persists?

Everyone here knows how to recognise patterns. That's not the question.

I, as much as I've searched, haven't found one 100%, otherwise it would be too easy to live... )) The performance of a pattern is very dependent on its position in the market, as an example Three Indians(an indicator) and the market situation is usually not considered by either an indicator or an Expert Advisor, only a local momentum.

In this regard, it is quite difficult to determine the effectiveness of a pattern.

denis_orlov:

... The performance of a pattern depends very much on its position in the market ... And the market situation is usually not taken into account by either an indicator or an EA ...

I haven't yet received this philosopher's stone, a barometer of market conditions that WILL FILTERLY filter entries for a pattern to make my TS work on OOS. It's going hard on the stone flower, it's going hard

denis_orlov:

Everyone here knows how to recognise patterns. That's not the question.

I, as much as I've searched, haven't found one 100%, otherwise it would be too easy to live... )) The performance of a pattern is very dependent on its position in the market, as an example Three Indians(an indicator) and the market situation is usually not considered by either an indicator or an Expert Advisor, only a local momentum.

In this regard, it is quite difficult to determine the effectiveness of a pattern.

Then you don't know how to cook them... ;))

I have a suggestion. perhaps someone would be willing to post a pattern for dissection (description)? a simple one, but enough to show by example how to find (define) the pattern itself, how to find confirmations of the pattern, how to implement the signal(s). it is possible that consideration of such an example in a "live broadcast" may move someone to move on.

Debugger:

Then you do not know how to prepare them ... ;))

No, that means you don't understand what we're talking about. A market situation is the analysis of recent history, even on a chart - and this is a subtle, subjective process in which the machine is powerless. There are so many possible patterns and variants that it makes no sense to describe them in a code... I'm not even talking about the fundamental components...

And if we take an example - a reversal according to Sperandeo, a very good pattern that also takes into account the market considerably - the trend, the breakout, the pullback...

How do we recognise it?

the likelihood of its completion (the pattern).

I don't even bother with them (patterns).

Let the processor worry about it. It's silicon ;))

denis_orlov:

And if the example is a Sperandeo reversal, a very good pattern, takes into account the market quite significantly - trend, breakout, pullback...

How do we recognise it?

Maybe we should start with the simplest one - a trend (also a good pattern - using the same Sperandeo)?

DDFedor 01.07.2010 18:34.

i have a suggestion. maybe you will be willing to post a pattern for dissection (description)? a simple one, but enough to show how to determine the pattern, how to find confirmations of the pattern and how to make the signal(s).

The first thing I would like to do is to define the concept of "pattern" (in the ordinary sense).

Reason: