A balance between QUALITY and QUANTITY - page 8

sever30: Let Richie, continue the test with the same parameters in 2010.

Vladimir, you're too late, I've already redone the EA. You don't have to take it seriously. I am just beginning to program. I still have a long way to go. Let's better discuss the quality in this thread. There is no quality because the criteria of quality are not clear.

Prival:

I only consider topping up if you are working with large amounts. And you see that your trade will cause the glass to subside, (this is not for MT where there is no glass and no volumes). Then you start to split lots. But anyway the first deal should have the quality I described above. It's like averaging, only profits. You add, at an already shifted stop in profit and a smart lot, so that if the market went against you and triggered a stop, you're at zero (better a small profit), no loss - that's the main thing, nothing is more important!

What you explained is usually called pyramiding - but certainly not averaging.

Richie:

.... Let's discuss quality better in this thread. There is no quality because the criteria for quality are not clear.

and i tried, i wrote, about criteria, about quality (( is it all wrong ?

Richie, you've changed somehow. Really, I don't know in which direction.

There's an ancient but useful article here. Once a year I reread it myself with pleasure.

I'm sorry if you've already read it:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1413

Prival: And I tried, I wrote, about the criterion, about the quality (( is it all wrong ?
Why is it wrong? Your opinion is very important to me. I read it and draw conclusions.

Mathemat:
What you explained is usually called pyramiding - but not averaging for sure.

It's just that I don't communicate much with other traders and therefore don't know the terminology. that's why I often try to describe the order of operations. sometimes the same term can mean different things.

The goal of a risk-free lot build-up is not even close to what an automated system can do, I only do it manually. that's why I need a grid, to see who is sitting where.

Read it, read it of course. I read a lot of things here. Working as a membrane filter :) If you've changed, that's good. This forum hasn't made me any stupider :)

Prival:

I have been working for the second month now, but I want to make a profit :)

I have been working for the second month, but I want to make a profit :) no matter how much you put on the deposit, you sure as hell will not lose. I even tested it on a deposit that had 3 orders at 0.01 lots and did not lose, I even earned a little.

the expert finishes breakeven even well - he works with one lot and he lacks exit signals when it comes to profit and if you make too accurate exit signals then you will get a Pipsizer, not all deals, but half of them will be within 10-12 pips

IgorM:

I've had it for the second month, but I want to make a profit :)

If you make too accurate an exit signal, you get a scalper, not all deals, but half of them will be within 10-12 pips.

Try levels, try working from them https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/1004

Then you simply prohibit a Sell (Buy) to the EA. Something like this

let's say today only down to the level of 1.2260. it reads very well with the grid.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1413

This article gives almost all the answers to almost all the questions.

The main point there, including mine:

Optimisation is a drug and the treatment for it is the same.

Reality.

Reason: