A balance between QUALITY and QUANTITY - page 10

Interesting question, what is more important - quality or quantity? I've realized the following: the system should work both on trends and on the flat, and without any adjustment, only through self-adaptation. If the system achieves this, then the issue of quality or quantity does not matter.

dentraf:
It is interesting, what is more important - quality or quantity? I understood the following: the system should work both on trends and on the flat, and without any adjustment only at the expense of self-adaptation. If I succeed in doing so, quality or quantity does not matter.

My first working strategy allowed me to make 1.5-2% profit per month, but very stably. Number of deals was 2...4 per month. If the deposit is 1000$ then you know ........

---------------

Interesting article: https://championship.mql5.com/2012/ru/news

joo:

Entry efficiency - the less equity falls below the balance at the time the position is opened, the more efficient are the entry points.

Exit efficiency - the less equity rises above the balance at the time of closing a position, the more efficient are the exit points.

Entry and Exit efficiency can be calculated using the ratio of average profit to (jump-out/depletion) (working name, I do not know another one, suggest your own variants of the name for this indicator).

Bulashov has the entry efficiency and the exit efficiency. As well as transaction efficiency.

here is Bulashov.

The similarity is that the evaluation is done in points. no money. the criterion is the same differences are insignificant, because having the drawdown value in points and the "catapulting" value it is possible to calculate the efficiency criterion according to Bulashov. Although it's not principal, the main thing is to have these 4 points (we know the entry and exit price) we need to know 2 more points (max and min) of the instrument price for the time of existence of the trade. These data are very lacking in the report when testing the ATS.

This is for one transaction. It needs to be for the system as a whole. I wonder how to implement efficiency calculation in testing? Add another column to the tester.

Richie:

This is for one transaction. It needs to be for the system as a whole. I wonder how to implement efficiency calculation in testing? Add another column to the tester.

Average, variance, minimum, maximum, this is for the aggregate + the efficiency of each trade (input, output, total). I would not include the rest in the report at all

Let's assume that this is Metakvote's suggestion. Calculating the parameters inside the EA is not a problem, but it would be much more convenient in the tester.

Vinin:

и

Prival:

Bulashev hasn't read it. Is he talking about the same thing? :O

joo:

I haven't read Bulashev. Is he talking about the same thing? :O

it's a very good book, i advise you to read it (there are links above). i read it a long time ago, but i didn't notice it had a criterion, so i didn't remember. I've read it for a long time, but I didn't pay attention to it (i didn't remember it).

The criteria are very similar. And in my opinion it's the best you can come up with.

Reason: