Hosting for EAs, cheap VPS server rental - page 3

>> gorby777

I see. We just need to learn how to set up connection and file transfer in RAdmin, it's very simple and you can easily figure it out yourself with RAdmin's help. And otherwise, just normal work on Win XP, machine is ready and protected, nothing else needs to be done. You install MT and set up your hardware and that's it.

RIV:

>> gorby777

I see. We just need to learn how to set up connection and file transfer in RAdmin, it's very simple and you can easily figure it out yourself with RAdmin's help. And otherwise, just normal work on Win XP, machine is ready and protected, nothing else needs to be done. You install MT and set up your hardware and that's it.

Rademin - via web or software on the computer?

gorby777:
Rademin - via the web or software on the computer?

Never heard of web control

There are two options - either an installed program or a portable program (simply launched from a directory on any media)

>> AlexSTAL:

I told you, I'm a dummy in these matters.

>> gorby777

Yes, you install the client part on your computer, the server part is already installed and configured on your machine.

This is a third-party software for remote machine control.

We do not work through "web" as such technologies are not as reliable and secure.

RIV:

>> gorby777

Through "web" as a matter of principle, such technologies are inferior in terms of reliability and security.
Not too categorical? ;-) Banks with their online banking seem to take security seriously as well... And for VPS, sometimes it is necessary to raise a "third-party" machine, which is not accessible to the admin panel. In your case, would you need to contact your support team?

By the way, I am leaving the previous UPU for this reason. !0 May at 0 o'clock it just went down. The site also did not respond, the phone is constantly busy, by e-mail no notifications. At 16 hours everything was restored - both the site and the UPU (I only had to restart). No explanation, phone not answering again. OK, I have a non-critical short-term outage. If they had warned me that routine maintenance or failure, I would have sat on my computer for a while. The infamous internetcorp.

>> RIV.

Is such a mishap possible in your case?

gorby777:

By the way, I left my previous UPU for the following reason. !0 May at 0 o'clock, it just shut down. Site was also not responding, the phone is constantly busy, no notifications by e-mail. At 16 hours everything was restored - both the site and the UPU (only had to restart). No explanation, phone not answering again. OK, I have a non-critical short-term outage. If they had warned me that routine maintenance or failure, I would have sat on my computer for a while. The infamous internetcorp.

>> RIV.

Is such a mishap possible in your case?

It can happen anywhere!

You should also remember that you are not directly connected to the data centre with copper wire. The routing of your ISP, through which you access the Internet and connect to the data centre, may also be disrupted.

If you work in a serious way you should always have substitutes in case this happens.

No one is safe from that.

AlexSTAL:

I am talking about the specific service provider and their attitude to the customer. That's what technical support is there for - to reassure the customer. I'm the backup.

>>RIV

Do you notify your customers of abnormal situations and how?

>> marketer

It is true, it is real, working through explorer is a weaker solution than through a specialized program ... nothing surprising here at all ... it has always been like that and the same banks are in constant trouble with such technology, but of course they try not to show it ...

Our machines do not need to raise any third party tools ... the machine works if the server where it runs ... and if there is no connection, for example, no other tools do not help too in principle ... in practice, there are 2 points only 1) the client himself instead of rebooting the machine gives the command to shut it down, 2) completely full of free space in winds ... in this case, winds starts hooking and it will turn off all services and not their own including .Radmin will also disable ... then you can lose access to the machine ... treated simply by rebooting ... a couple of times have been such cases ... need to watch for free space and not allow Windows to issue warnings ...

In principle, the regular client could make advances and give him something of his own to put instead of Radmin but so far such requests have not been.

>> gorby777 .

What do you expect from 350rub/month! ...

You just need to think logically ... imagine how many regular customers there must be at this service ... at what price servers, how many places on such servers, in what place they sit, traffic, electricity, cooling, security, staff ... a lot of simple costs ... at this price is simply unprofitable service ... or normal equipment will not take nor in place a normal will not sit down ... hence the quality and attitude of the owners to their service ...

We t.t.t. had no such problems ... last planned restart of some servers was in July 2009 ... done on Saturday and notify us a week in advance via e-mail ... there are customers who have been sitting for more than a year and have never even restarted their machines ...

We work in general by Bourgeois standards, i.e. if in any day was that we charge the client 2 days based on the cost of his tariff if through our fault and 1 day if not our fault ... but then of course a 100% guarantee can only give God or an idiot ... if something suddenly happens we will notify by email and call those customers who have listed the phone ...

Yes, our machines are completely independent and working on one machine, for example a new customer came in, does not affect other machines ... no need for restarts ... and it is possible to make a feedback to your trading system ... through ICQ gateway ... i.e. can directly from EA for example once an hour to send ICQ status message ... easy control, many use ....

Reason: