Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 56

Instead of a stop loss we put a lock. What's good about lock? We open the opposite position.

The price may come back, and then it is possible to close at least at breakeven.

We set a condition: if the price does not return to its place within 10 minutes, we take a loss.

But a moose just kills hope.

Svinozavr:
:)

Svinozavr:

...==========

Do you consider yourself intelligent? Not an idiot? Adequate? Not provocative?

Answer yourself, the truth.

Svinozavr's and Oper' s posts containing inappropriately harsh language and quotes have been deleted.

Oper:

1. Instead of a stop loss we put a lock. What is good about lock? We open the opposite position.

2. The price may return, and then we may close at least at breakeven.

3. We set a condition: if the price does not return to its place, we take a loss.

4. But the elk just kills hope.

reread your post - read as I see it

1. if the market entry is unsuccessful, we start to rush and put an opposite order, without confidence that the price will not bend back to the new order

2. the price may return, but the price cannot make both of the opposite orders profitable at the same time as we want it to do, it is a matter of chance, because we do not want to act according to the trading strategy, but are catching "the tomorrow's bird of happiness" (c)

3. Maybe we should cut our losses without waiting for 10 minutes to get lucky? Maybe these 10 minutes will turn out to be fatal, if stops are set at random regardless of TP and TF? Why don't we just take the loss, and look for the reason of the failure in our trading strategy?

4. But lock gives the illusion of winning, overshadowing the problem of developing clear trading strategies rather than playing roulette

IgorM:

reread your post - read as I see it

1. if an unsuccessful entry into the market, we start rushing around and place an opposite open order, without being sure that the price will not turn upside down on the new order

2. the price may return, but the price cannot make both of the opposite orders profitable at the same time as we want it to do, it is a matter of chance, because we do not want to act according to the trading strategy, but are catching "the tomorrow's bird of happiness" (c)

3. Maybe we should cut our losses without waiting for 10 minutes to get lucky? Maybe these 10 minutes will turn out to be fatal, if stops are set at random regardless of TP and TF? Why don't we just take the loss, and look for the reason of the failure in our trading strategy?

4. But the lock gives the illusion of winning, overshadowing the problem of developing a clear trading strategy, not a game of roulette

It's quite possible that I'm like the avalanche-goers in my head, although I don't understand them.

Let's say I have an SELL. It doesn't matter why. And the price goes up, against my expectations.

And after 4 (40) pips, the sl should work.

But when the price reaches SL, instead of SL I open opposite twin order.

Then price moves up and down, e.g. 15 minutes. If the price does not return to its starting price I forcefully cancel both orders.

Then the Expert Advisor starts working on its own, until a new non-standard situation occurs.

I'm confused myself. I'll see you tomorrow...

Oper:

1. It's quite possible that I'm like the avalanche-goers in my head, though I don't understand them.

2. Let's say I have an SELL. No matter why. And the price went up, against my expectations.

And here after 4 (40) pips should work sl.

But when the price reaches SL, instead of SL I open anti - opposite order- a twin. 4.

Then price wavers, e.g. 15 minutes. If the price does not return to its original price, I forcefully cancel both orders.

5) Then my Expert Advisor starts working on its own, until a new non-standard situation occurs.

Sorry for the tone, but I am doing it again: I read as I see it :)

1. There is no clear trading strategy - you catch candles, because they are appetizing/tasty bites - if you want a candle, go to the ticks

2. your entries are not worked out (my entries are practically worked out to perfection - but there's a slip-up here too :) ) - they say a good entry is 50% success, the other 50% is a good exit (that's the problem) - that is, you try to enter the market in the middle of a trend, without even thinking about what you'll get out of it, you need to enter only at the beginning of the trend/signals, otherwise there will be no time to make a decision about the exit

3. when you can't find entries into the market, you try to play roulette, not realizing that there is no such thing as time in roulette, while in Forex, time is a very important factor, because if the time to make a decision is about a couple of hours / days, then often, instead of a trading strategy, you see the banal hypersession and cries - "like a fibo rule, and I knew it ...".

4. Good idea, I haven't done time-based profit analysis for my EA - it's not a bad way to identify a flat and exit the market with fixing the opening price of the order, that is, as you say, if in 15 minutes the profit did not go, then we should look for an exit with minimal losses

5. The Expert Advisor should always work by itself, otherwise it is just your reflection of uncertainty and inability to make a decision, up to writing a code to the Expert Advisor not to trade when you have several losing trades N-times in a row, because the trading strategy has stopped working - the owner will come and deal with it

ZS: bad connection alcohol + internet please excuse me if I overreacted :D

Do you have a tactic for destroying a loca?

I do!!! A baseball bat, worn out!

I'm out of words. Awareness has begun. There's no truth in "this kingdom..." Elsinore for real!

God be with you, gentlemen. Live as you know....

Your grun...

Oper:

2) The Expert Advisor enters the market according to its own algorithms, I have nothing to do with it;

well, that's what you should have started with, the protection of lots - they are the whole point, i started my first EA based on https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8894

I have added a tick-whip to it and I have seen the grail :), I have started to modernize this EA and it turned out that there is no good code there, only a line of order counting remained from the code of that EA

I developed a Pips Handler - it works, not interesting

Reason: