Do you have any tactics for dealing with the loca? - page 55

Tantrik:

One successful exit means nothing. Try again.

I have this example to think about.

I have written an Expert Advisor that opens trades on ZIGZAG.

It seems to be a perfect example of trading, but.

It is amazing what drawdowns are obtained in this EA if it opens trades on the first tick of a bar !!!

This is one clear example of why locs are needed, for those who can provethe pointlessness of locs.

So to reiterate, we need to expand opportunities, not reduce them ! Both in life in general and in MT.

You need a choice - what to use - a "stackable" lot from MT5 or a model from MT4

Tantrik:

One successful exit means nothing. Try again.

Such "recommendations" are given by those who do not work in real life and sit on the payroll (more often DCs) ....

The reason for the lock is the lack of accuracy of forecasts or urgent black-swan type exits.

The market behaviour data will come into place sooner or later anyway.

Although I don't use lots myself, here's another example.

I wrote an experimental Expert Advisor that opened trades in a random direction.

So, using functions of supporting open trades, I managed to bring it to stable profit.

One of support functions was lock.

If I decided to use them, I would not want to bother saving stops, as I have to do in MT5.

Mihail:

I have this example to think about.

I have written an Expert Advisor that opens trades on ZIGZAG.

It seems to be a perfect example of trading, but.

It is amazing what drawdowns are obtained in this EA if it opens trades on the first tick of the bar !!!

This is one clear example of why locs are needed, for those who can provethe pointlessness of locs.

So to reiterate, we need to expand opportunities, not reduce them ! Both in life in general and in MT.

You need a choice - what to use - the "stackable" MT5 lot or the model from MT4

zigzag on the first tick of a new bar - as a basis for entry? - i tried to do an EA on zigzag - sometimes on the aussie it got caught in the wave, but the entry sucks with a lag, and on the zero bar you can only enter based on ticks or comparison with a previous bar or mashka

Your example shows quite well the pointlessness of the price - in your EA just change the conditions of orders - buy on sell and sell on buy - and exit through a short stop and trade by one order, the maximum possible amount of change at the profit of the first order - the deposit would not be overloaded

i think the zigzag is good only for analyzing the history to make suggestions for the future, but not for ideal entries, with trivial pushes entry is much better on any TF

IgorM:

a zigzag on the first tick of a new bar - as a reason for entering? - crazy imho,

...but not for perfect entrances...

Igor, you're right ;) and hasty...

That expert traded exactly on history, and existed to study some issues...

And carried out a perfect trade.

And besides unexpected drawdowns, that Expert Advisor showed real beginning and end of crisis...

Mihail:

And besides the unexpected drawdowns, the expert showed the real beginning and end of the crisis...

God willing, at least someone knows when the .... crisis is over, because in real life we are fed up with the excuse that anything goes wrong, you know - the crisis.

:)

As for the sabotage - I think traders are called gamblers for a reason. And as you know, you have to be able to lose, not to make the impression of a continuous victory.

i think that the traders are called gamers for good reason. you know - you have to be smart to lose, not to look like you're winning.

The crisis is long over, there is now a recovery - growth in fact - but it is convenient for executives to actually steal "resources" under the guise of a crisis.

Forex is an amazing thing, not only do you not know what will happen, but even where the market is going right now, it will only be known later.

Probably one of the hardest ways to make money.

But Igor, there are people whose deposits are steadily growing.

And the use of a loco is perfectly justified, if you know precisely (or at least in most cases) where the market is going to go.

This is clearly demonstrated by an example of a program that makes perfect deals on history (and non-market quotes are not available to it).

Actually, there is no more reasonable reason to discuss the expediency of the traditional use of lots! Conclusion: Loks are useful.

And the non traditional use of locs is even more useful :)

But the most effective ways of dealing with locks are worth discussing.

Forcеgrid - one successful exit, predicting the market and putting the market back in place is a 50/50 guess. Exiting a location is also 50/50.Good luck!

Mihail:
But the most effective ways to break lots are worth discussing.

The most effective - is not to rush from Buy to Sell and vice versa, but to decide that the trading strategy does not work at this volatility, cut the loss and wait for better conditions for entry, when a series of losses - to decide on the loss-making strategy and not to indulge in the idea that the lock will save.But in real life the rules are very different - at least you cannot afford to give an overbought product at cost, thus earning a profit instead of a loss
Reason: