R-Portfolio - a diversification method - page 2

Is there any analysis of the statistical advantage of the assembled portfolio, at least roughly and numerically, without formulas?

alsu >>:

направление, кстати, для фонды перспективное.
Только вот не понял, почему это называется "метод Решетова":)))

I also don't know why the method developed by Tobin is called the Tobin method, the method developed by Markowitz is called the Markowitz method, the Sharpe ratio is called the Sharpe ratio, and the method developed by Reshetov is not called the alsu method?

This is clearly an outrage.

alsu >>:

направление, кстати, для фонды перспективное.
Только вот не понял, почему это называется "метод Решетова":)))

What about, "the von Neumann method"? )))

Why, compare the author's description: "The R-Portfolio method is an algorithm for forming such potentially risk-free portfolios from unstable potentially profitable assets."

And the title of von Neumann's work: "Probabilistic logic and the synthesis of reliable organisms from unreliable components."

===

Shoo-choo.

alsu >>:
а есть какой нибудь анализ того, какое статпреимущество дает собранный портфель - хоты бы примерно и численно, без формул?

The method has only just emerged in theory and implementation. No major studies have been conducted. I have been racing individual forwards which have shown that R-Portfolio for exchange-traded assets has an advantage over investments in the indices of those very exchanges. But it is understandable that, due to limited access to quotes, it is too premature to draw any conclusions.

In addition, the first stage of selecting assets to form portfolios, in my opinion, is still far from perfect.

Perhaps someone will do more research in this area later on?

If there is a basis and it promises promise, then there will be interested parties. The field is a commercial one, so the motivation for "bright minds" is more than encouraging.

Reshetov >>:

Метод только появился в терии и реализации. Крупных исследований не проводилось. Я гонял отдельные форварды, по которым было заметно, что R-Portfolio для активов биржевых площадок имеет преимущество по сравнению с инвестициями в индексы этих самых биржевых площадок. Но вполне понятно, что из-за ограниченности доступа к котировкам, делать какие либо выводы слишком преждевременно.

К тому же, первый этап отбора активов для формирования портфелей, по моему мнению пока еще далек от совершенства.

Возможно, кто-то впоследствии проведет более тщательные исследования в данной области?

Если есть базис и он сулит перспективы, то найдутся заинтересованные лица. Область ведь коммерческая, а значит и мотивация для "светлых умов" более чем обнадеживающая.

No kidding - interesting. I need to think about it myself. I have someone to discuss it with and who might be interested. I mean the level of tops in the IC.

The bottom line is that the non-stationarity of individual asset quotes, in a portfolio, is transformed into a stationary minimum potential return, by increasing the non-stationarity of the maximum potential return. The portfolio yield is to some extent, depending on the shares, the average yield of the assets that make up the portfolio. <br / translate="no">.
To be honest, I don't really understand why the aggregate of stock price quotes should turn into a stationary up-trend. Apparently at the expense of stock dividends? Is this positive component enough to at least recoup commissions?

Reshetov >>:
Поскольку на вышеприведенном сайте на данный момент отсутствует возможность для обратной связи, просьба: обсуждения, претензии или пожелания оставлять в этой ветке

Thank you for the new method. Portfolio trading is of practical interest to me.

Unfortunately, I don't understand everything from the proposed method. If you ask questions, there will be a lot of them.

A practical example would be very useful. I can provide datafeeds for all NYSE stocks real-time.

C-4 >>:
Если честно, не очень понимаю почему совокупность котировок цен акций должна превращаться в стационарный ап-тренд. Видимо за счет дивидендов на акции? Разве эта положительная компонента достаточна, что бы хотя бы отбивать комиссионные?

There is nothing to understand. The time series of the R-portfolio is non-stationary, because the expected payoff and variance must be constants in order for the BP to be stationary.

The ideal stationarity of the R-portfolio is achieved only for the potential minimum return, at the expense of stationarity reduction in the area of the maximum potential return.

At the minimum potential R-portfolio minimum return, expectation is a positive constant and variance is 0.

goldtrader >>:

Практический пример был бы очень полезен.

There is an example in the archive on the website. I.e. it does not only contain the exe-sheet and jar, but also shares.txt files - stock list, and matrix.csv - time periods and stock quotes from the list.

I.e. start R-Portfolio.exe, click "Start", locate matrix.csv and get a concrete example of portfolio formation.

The content of txt files can be viewed in any text editor

The content of csv files can also be viewed in spreadsheets, e.g. in Excel or text editors.

C-4 >>:
Если честно, не очень понимаю почему совокупность котировок цен акций должна превращаться в стационарный ап-тренд. Видимо за счет дивидендов на акции? Разве эта положительная компонента достаточна, что бы хотя бы отбивать комиссионные?

C-4, did you get an answer to your question? I personally don't think so...
I'm also insanely curious, Reshetov, how by putting together (roughly) random variables you managed to achieve calculable portfolio profitability?
Just please, if you answer - in Russian, please, and not in non-veteran...

Reason: