Does the Grail exist? - page 180

Tantrik >>:

Пункты указывайте в 4Х знаках.

Suppose 100.0 - but I took it on a pullback, and specifically in the sell - why? have you ever thought? By the way, I build my TS by scalping - and here I took the full price - why?

Mathemat >>:

2-3 недели - не среднесрок. Среднесрок - это месяцы. Да и не вижу я никакой вершины отката 17 марта на недельках - там движуха по тренду была. Вероятно, Вы с ММ промахнулись.

На среднесрочке откат в несколько фигур нужно уметь пережить, это да. Тем не менее, если б зашел в середине декабря и пережил бы небольшой откатик в три фигурки, то сейчас был бы в шоколаде. Если входить не большим лотом, как автор стейтмента, а маленьким, а пирамиду строить уже потом, то все было бы нормально: с этого времени фунт прошагал 12-13 фигур.

What then do you think is a "long term" strategy? years...?

I found this in Eric Nyman's Encyclopaedia of the Trader (7th ed.), 270 pp:

- short-term positions: up to three hours.

- medium-term: 3 hours to one day.

- long term: a trade that is open for more than one business day.

peco >>:

А что тогда по вашему "долгосрочная" стратегия? годы...?

he must have opened the charts from the end of last year and .... - that's where the "salt" would be :)

I don't feel like arguing about terms. Yes, the long term is years. Bought the eu in 2001 at 0.82 and sold it in mid-2008 at 1.6. That's good, 7,800 pips over 7 years. Not much by the standards of small speculators, but the guys who work on the long term don't go in at 0.1.

Mathemat >>:

I do not want to argue, but these guys left the eu and went into metals, the yen, etc., and you should not look from 2001, but a little closer,

Now you can only pips up, but a pullback after a few days can be taken!

Mathemat писал(а) >>
I don't feel like arguing about terms. Yes, the long term is years. Bought the eu in 2001 at 0.82 and sold in mid-2008 at 1.6. That's OK, 7800 points over 7 years. Not much by the standards of small speculators, but the guys who work on the long term don't go in at 0.1.

The mid-term is not for systematic traders. There will be not enough statistics (transactions) to reliably detect a pattern. There will be few independent instruments. There are hundreds of poorly correlated instruments on American stocks, and when testing medium term on a reasonable horizon (ten years) it's possible to find huge amount of statistics if we test it on some subset of available instruments.

Mathemat >>:
Мне не хочется спорить о терминах. Да, долгосрок - это годы. Купил евру в 2001 по 0.82 и продал в середине 2008 по 1.6. Нормально, 7800 пунктов за 7 лет. Совсем негусто по меркам мелких спекулянтов, но ведь дядьки, работающие на долгосроке, чай не по 0.1 заходят.

The fact is that the fundamental factors, which are precisely what determines a long-term strategy, do not work that much. What are the rarest reports - changes in interest rates? Once every quarter, once every six months? Otherwise, what is there to build a strategy on?

Avals >>:

среднесрочка это не для системщиков на форексе. Мало будет статистики (сделок) чтобы достоверно выявить закономерность. Мало независимых инструментов. Это на амер.стоках сотни слабо коррелированных инструментов и тестируя среднисрочку на вполне приемлимом горизонте (лет десять) можно найти огромное кол-во статистики если тестить по некоторому подмножеству доступных инструментов.

I agree, years are no longer speculation but investment! And no one invests in currencies, they invest in factories... in stocks.

peco >>:

А иначе тогда на чем уже строить статегию?

I think I'll answer platitudinally - right now, the strategy should be based on the effect of repetition - August and it seems like there are no problems and everything seems OK :)

Mathemat писал(а) >>
I don't feel like arguing about terms. Yes, the long term is years. Bought the eu in 2001 at 0.82 and sold in mid-2008 at 1.6. That's OK, 7800 points over 7 years. Not much by the standards of small speculators, but the guys who work on the long term don't go in at 0.1.

That's a myth. Or maybe you can tell me now when to enter 10 lots and in how many years to exit the market?

Reason: