Channel, what are you? - page 7

bibars:

1. The channel, or trend line, is modified in case it is broken by a corrective wave and returns along the trend. i.e. the level of the wave increases.
2. The resistance or support of the channel is broken through by a corrective wave and then returns, if the opposite side of the channel is broken through by an impulse and returns.
3. The opposite side of the channel is broken through by an impulse.
4. Any pullback or impulse can break through the channel.
5. Formation of a new channel is only possible by breaking through support or resistance of the channel, and horizontal support or resistance level, i.e. breaking through the channel and base of the last wave in the channel, then breaking through a new max or min.
6. until the breakthrough of this channel, i.e. the current wave is not completed until the channel is broken through. breakthrough of the channel, a wave equal in level to the wave in the channel, broken through by this wave, was launched.

the right answers?

Also, the price clearly follows the trend lines. When the direction changes, price breaks one trend line and pushes off the other.

Oh, my God! The questions are posed for a fundamentalist, but the answer is supposedly from a chartist. If you read this at night, you will have insomnia.

But there are also poetic places: "price clearly follows trend lines")))

Good afternoon everyone... Interesting topic touched upon... Here's a picture of my vision of a "channel", does anyone have an indicator that describes such a channel?

eura:
Good afternoon everyone... Interesting topic touched upon... Here's a picture of my view of a "channel", does anyone have an indicator that describes a similar channel?
Something on the right side of your chart is not marked. ))

Cmu4:
There's something about the chart on your right that's not marked up. ))

I think the idea is clear :)

eura:

So the idea is clear :)
Yeah, the only thing that is clear is that in the past, everyone can draw everything clearly. But in the current moment it is almost impossible to determine where the market is. That's what is clear.

Cmu4:
Yeah, the only thing that is clear is that in the past, everyone is good at drawing things clearly. But in the current moment, it is almost impossible to determine where the market is. That's what's clear.

You're confusing the definition of market direction with market condition... The moment when the market isn't moving anywhere can be visually determined by anyone... I haven't seen if there is such an indicator... If you write the conditions like this: if the close of the current bar is between the high and low of the 7th bar, the 6th bar, the 5th bar, the 4th bar, the 3rd bar and the 2nd bar, the price is in a flat channel ...

GEFEL:

Oh, my God! The questions are posed for the fundamentalist, and the answers are supposedly given by the chartist. If you read this at night, you will have insomnia.

But there are some poetic places: "the price is clearly following the trend lines")))

Yes, you can see at once that a man who has no idea what he is writing about. A fundamentalist... . Do you have something specific on channels? If so, spell it out, otherwise everything is clear.

eura:
Good afternoon, everyone. Interesting topic touched upon... Here's a picture of my vision of a "channel", does anyone have an indicator that describes such a channel?

It's the right thing to do:

in general, what is a channel and what does it give us? My answer :

A channel is a price reversal point in the past. If we assume that price will also bounce from the channel in the future, we can predict reversals. Rapid breakout of the channel tells us that something has changed in the market. Therefore, the channel gives us an idea where to buy cheaper and sell more expensive. It means we should trade inside the channel.

Because the trend direction in the channel is determined when the trend is near the end, the channel direction does not influence the result. This is why it makes sense to consider the channel only on the last few (or on one) bars.

The channel has properties - width of the channel, centre of the channel (maybe something else, add more). Both parameters may change at every tick, so there may be false entries and exits accordingly.

I myself trade such an owl on flat pairs, like AUDNZD was before or night crosses. I am not trading very good lately ... :(

eura:
Good afternoon everyone... Interesting topic touched upon... The picture shows my vision of a "channel", does anyone have an indicator that describes such a channel?

Eh, there can't be any channels on that chart :) It's an M1. It displays the random price fluctuations related to the fluctuations of transaction volumes. A channel should be formed by support and resistance levels. So they can only be seen on higher timeframes IMHO.

And what's left and right "IS NOT A CHANNEL" is quite a normal channel in my opinion (if you look at it purely technically).

IgorM:

not compatible, history repeats itself, but not to the pip - i.e. visually we see similar patterns on the TF, but if you look at the price even with a market profile - you will see that the price fills in the voids rather than the historical data

You don't have to go up to a pip. After all, the main thing in a channel is the slope and the height. It is enough if these parameters will be preserved at least for the next bounce. Even if they change a bit, it will not be fatal. The channel strategy allows for minor deviations, channel widening and narrowing.

Reason: