Avalanche - page 380

khorosh:

There are no special innovations in my EA compared to what is described in this thread. I can personally give you a detailed report in my personal account, provided that the information I have learned from there will not be posted for public viewing.

Thanks for the offer, Yuri. I wouldn't mind taking a look. Of course, I'm not going to post it anywhere.

About the lack of innovation: haven't you used TA in any form?

FreeLance: any...

With a drifting average.

;)

No, no, no price analysis, no artificial hypotheses of geometric Brownian wandering. In the sandwich article, I abandoned the TA of price in my analysis of the system. So sorry, for God's sake.

Actually I didn't do it, Vince did, but it turned out to be after the main part of the article was written :)

Mathemat:

No, no, no price analysis, no artificial hypotheses about geometric Brownian wandering. In the sandwich article, I abandoned the TA price in my analysis of the system. So sorry, for God's sake.

Actually I didn't do it, Vince did, but it turned out after writing the main part of the article :)

Alexey! We're not going to discuss your article - it's time for bed.

But the unlikely (but killer!) "black swan" hypothesis of 14 knees of equidistant (far from geometric in the strict sense :) wandering in the absence of hypotheses on the behaviour of the mean and RMS to pass off as a proof of the "catch" merger is immoral.

As are some other such tendencies in 'rightness'...

Imho.

Mathemat:

Thanks for the offer, Yuri. I wouldn't mind having a look. Of course, I'm not going to post it anywhere.

About the lack of innovation: haven't you used TA in any form?

No, no, no price analysis, no artificial hypotheses of geometric Brownian wandering. In the sandwich article, I abandoned the TA of price in my analysis of the system. So sorry, for God's sake.

Actually I didn't do it, Vince did, but it turned out to be after the main part of the article was written :)

I've put it in my personal message.

FreeLance:

any...

When drifting average.

;)

It's just that maybe I haven't studied the topic as deeply (Sveta's right there ;), but all the evidence was built on the assumption of a 14 time flat.

DDD

That's why I asked, and who saw it?

--

Here we go...

No splinters flying yet. Yet.

No one is defending Avalanche except you why, because you haven't read the thread or have no idea how it works. Every TS makes money on something. The disadvantage of an avalanche is that it is a rollover martin - which waits for a loss when a profit appears and immediately fixes it and again waits for a loss.....

Tantrik:

No one is defending Avalanche except you why, because you haven't read the thread or have no idea how it works. Every TS makes money on something. The disadvantages of an avalanche is a rollover martin - which waits for a loss when a profit appears and immediately fixes it and again waits for a loss.....
Why wait for the loss, on the contrary, they wait for profit, and when they do not wait they take a margin call :-)

Svinozavr:

Position averaging, aka martingale.

I clearly understand that I am unlikely to be understood by anyone, as no one here has dealt with net positioning.

But maybe I'll be lucky enough to have an explanation.

So. You can do averaging and martingale. But only in the context of certain analysis-defined correction. I.e.! In no case it is impossible to average against the current movement. But during correction you are welcome.

Yes... There are also locks... No. I definitely don't want to discuss that. Morons will always be morons - there's nothing you can do for them.

So.

There is a martingale in its worst meaning, and there is a build-up of position. These are DIFFERENT THINGS. But to do this, you have to at least know WHICH LIGHT YOU'RE IN - what's going on in the market right now. Otherwise, it won't be all that different from "eagle-eyed". So - TA is for that. Not to tell you when you're driving a white Mercedes to an equally white yacht.

You know who the TA doesn't work? They're the loser dreamers.

At least that's some information... All that's left to do is look from the third floor to the ground floor without fear....

"You can mediate, you can martingale. " Who? - I'll answer to those who know TA, who are adequate, not losers, who are sane...- you can continue the list if you've missed anything.

"In any case you should not average against the current movement. But a correction - please" - let's not guess where there is a trend and where there is a pullback - let the newbies guess - we know it....

But here's the situation - our pullback goes and goes and does not think to end ... (When we break the trend, the initial movement is always very powerful -TA). What to do? (here is your version of........ answer) - the answer is to hedge, hedge and hedge the positions again.

Tantrik:

No one defends the avalanche except you why, because you have not read the thread or have no idea how it works. Every TS makes money on something. The disadvantages of an avalanche - it's a rollover martin - which waits for a loss when a profit appears and immediately fixes it and again waits for a loss.....

And where do you see the protection of an avalanche? :о)

I'm just trying to defend the right to be wrong and misguided...

And the right to debate correctly, not indiscriminately. I'm calling for correct evidence, not the "one and only right" opinion.

khorosh 25.07.2010 11:24
Tantrik:

No one defends avalanche except you why, because you haven't read the thread or have no idea how it works. Every TC makes money on something. The disadvantages of an avalanche - it is a reversal martin - which waits for a loss when a profit appears, fixes it quickly and again waits for a loss.....
Why wait for a loss? On the contrary, you wait for profit and get a margin call when you do not wait?)

+100!

Deep knowledge of the subject.

;)

khorosh:
Why wait for loss, on the contrary, wait for profit and without waiting get marginal:-)

The longer you wait (no return), the bigger the profit (the stronger the correction). And here we are in the plus .....20pips and fixing, and everything starts from the beginning. That's how I see it - a 700 - 800 point no-backward movement has a correction of 50-70 pips, but much more..... - that's where the profit is...

FreeLance:

" I'm just trying to protect the right to err and mistake..." everyone has the right to err, some only one.....

FreeLance:

And where do you see the avalanche defence? :о)

I'm just trying to defend the right to be wrong and misguided...

And the right to debate correctly, not indiscriminately. I'm calling for correct evidence, not the "one and only right" opinion.

+100!

Deep knowledge of the subject.

;)

That said, I still imply that you can make good money between margins, as long as you make regular withdrawals.

Tantrik:

Martin classic wait for profit the longer one waits (no return movement) the bigger the profit(the stronger the correction). And here we are in the plus .....20pips and fixation, and all over again. That's how I see it - a 700 - 800 point no-backward movement has a correction of 50-70 pips, but much more..... - that's where the profit is...

FreeLance:

" I'm just trying to protect the right to err and mistake..." everyone has the right to err, some only one.....

But Avalanche uses a rollover martin and works along the trend
Reason: