Avalanche - page 50

kharko >>:

Советника нет и не будет... ZZ-trend позволяет простым способом определить, чего хочет рынок. Поторгуйте ручками, может состряпаете для себя советник.

I'm not going to trade with pens, let alone concoct an EA based on a zigzag... I'm past that adolescent phase... I'm not going to trade with my hands, I'm not going to make an Expert Advisor based on a zigzag... I'm done with that adolescence period...
I don't understand another thing - how the trend direction is attracted to the LAVINE discussed here?
It doesn't matter which direction the trend is going. The only parameters that are important for an avalanche are corridor width, the level of profit taking and the number of permissible reversals...

lexandros, what about the zigzag fractal?

I can't say anything. Because I haven't seen it.
But all the zigzags are redrawn. I do not see the practical sense in them (for me personally). I know people who use zigzags at work and seem to be successful.
I do not use them. It is, as they say, a matter of taste.
In my opinion, it is much more informative... All the more so, as the vast majority of zigzags are drawn on dashes.

And yet the geometric progression when using the "avalanche" focus is a distinct evil... who's to say it can't be done differently? The point doesn't change...

lexandros >>:
Да не собираюсь я торговать ручками, а тем более стряпать советник на основе зигзага... прошол уже этот подростковый период... тем более "в сторону луча при перерисовке" - стопроцентное известное всем сливалово.
Я не понимаю другого - каким образом направление тренда притянуто к обсуждаемой здесь ЛАВИНЕ?
Там вообще пофиг на тренд, куда он идет. Единственные параметры которые важны для лавины - это ширина коридора, уровень фиксации прибыли, и количество допустимых разворотов...

Let's break it down in order.

What is an Avalanche or a Swing, the name doesn't matter? It is an attempt to take a profit when a horizontal channel breaks in either direction.

To understand what this channel and its range should be, let us consider the structure of the movement. Any directional movement can be divided into 2 zones:
1. Zone of distribution or consolidation
2. the trend.

The first zone is characterized by a narrowing of the price range, or in other words, a flat. Whether this will be a price spread or consolidation zone, we don't know, i.e. the direction of the future movement is unknown. But we do know that it will be followed by a directional movement or trend, from which we want to pluck maximum pips.

Now about the ZZ-Trend indicator. This indicator has a limited number of rays. The first ray shows the direction of the general trend. The second ray is the general correction. The third ray is co-directed with the general trend, but its size is smaller than the general correction. The fourth is even smaller, etc. The more new rays appear, the more confident we can say that the market is in the first zone or flat. It means that the movement is limited. The range of price changes narrows. Now we have the right to place orders at the borders of the channel and apply TS with the minimum risk.

Previously, I have posted a picture as an example where one can place positions.... Continued

If we take as a target the channel width (28 p), the target is taken without increasing the position volume

Epiharia >>:
и всёже геометрическая прогрессия при использовании фокуса "лавина" это явное зло... ну кто сказал что нельзя по другому? суть от этого не поменяется ведь...

That's the thing: it will change... If you take an arithmetic progression instead of a geometric one, then you will need several profitable deals in a row in order to make a profit after several reversals. and the probability of such developments is several times lower.

kharko >>:

Давайте разберемся по порядку.

Теперь об индикаторе ZZ-Trend. Этот индикатор имеет ограниченное количество лучей. Первый луч показывает направление общего тренда. Второй луч - это общая коррекция. Третий луч - со направленный с общим трендом, но его размер меньше общей коррекции. Четвертый еще меньше и т.д. Чем больше появляется новых лучей, тем увереннее мы можем говорить, что рынок находится в первой зоне или во флете. Значит движение ограничено. Диапазон изменений цен сужается. Теперь мы вправе выставить ордера по границам канала и применить ТС с минимальным риском..

I see your point... now you're getting it loud and clear. Thank you. The zigzag corridor calculation is a much more interesting approach than the previous volatility calculation. I showed you the results of volatility calculation yesterday in the pictures.

lexandros, can you give me an example with numbers? for comparison...

If all movement was reduced to either a range or a trend - I would have written a grail on my knee in 5 minutes!
The problem is that there is also a "sawtooth", i.e. an expanding triangle.

Dserg >>:
Если бы всё движение сводилось либо к диапазону, либо к тренду - я бы написал грааль на коленке за 5 минут!
Проблема в том, что существует ещё "пила", т.е. расширяющийся треугольник.

Post an example of such a 'saw'. Consider how to get out of such a situation with minimal risk

Reason: