Thoughts on some of the absurdity of multi-currency analysis. - page 14

Vita >>:

Под словами "нужно всего лишь сложить 2 графика чтобы убедиться в том что волатильность уменьшается" кроме того, что мы хотим увидеть, лежит математика. Ваша математика сложения позволяет утверждать, что риски уменьшаются?

Г-н Майрон Шоулз получил нобелевку за свою модель, а уж волатильности и графики складывает пуще других, за что несомненно заслуживает почета, уважения и присутствия в разных фондах. Однако это не спасает эти фонды от разорений. Это две большие разницы получать многомиллионные гонорары и держать фонд на плаву. Такие же разницы, как между словами "маркетинг" и "толстые хвосты". У Шоулза нет математики, которая бы уменьшила риски. Вы понимаете каков масштаб проблемы, которая тут каждому второму кажется решенной в пользу уменьшения рисков? Опубликуйтесь - озолотитесь.

Sapienti sat.

Ы?

Вы лично, кроме работ, что либо анализировали?

Если да - зачем "ретурнс"?

Броуновское движение доказывали?

Yes, I personally have thick tails, :D
Returns is an objective reality the same for everyone, the cause of profit or loss, the starting point of any model about the market, portfolio diversification among others.

You see, to prove risk reduction you need to rely on market properties, which means you need to make some assumptions about the market, so one of them is the normality of return distribution. Without this assumption you don't make any step further.

Neither Brownian, nor predictability, nor my personal experiences, nor pictures, nor scripts, nor pipsqueak, nor anything else you can think of - it has nothing to do with that. All you have to cite as a counterexample is work that mathematically proves risk reduction in diversification, but does NOT have the assumption of normal returns. Your numerous questions don't change anything. All we need is one mathematical counterexample. Then we can take it to the next level.

Vita >>:

Да, у меня лично хвосты толстые, :D
ретурнс - это объективная реальность одинаковая для всех, причина прибыли или убытков, отправная точка любой модели о рынке, диверсификации портфелей в т.ч.

Понимаете, чтобы доказать уменьшение рисков, необходимо опираться на свойства рынка, а значит необходимо сделать какие-то предположения о рынке, так вот одно из них - это нормальность распределения возвратов. Без этого предположения вы не сделаете никакого шага дальше.

Ни броуновское, ни предсказуемость, ни мои личные опыты, ни картинки, ни скрипты, ни пипсовка, ни что либо другое, что вы ещё можете вспомнить - всё это здесь не при чем. Все что вам надо привести в контрпример - работу, математически доказывающую уменьшения рисков при диверсификации, но НЕ имеющую предположения о нормальности возвратов. Ваши многочисленные вопросы ничего не меняют. Нужен всего один математический контрпример. Тогда мы сможем перейти на новый уровень.

My advice.

Run the script. AND SSPS.

"Returns to the middle one - more interesting.

;)

Мой совет.

Запустите скрипт. И SSPS.

My advice was better - publish. Immediately.

The discussion has drifted considerably away from the thread title.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

I can see your point. Try looking at it from a different angle as well. For example, assume that movements of currencies (observed as indices) can have technical patterns (i.e. predictable. it does not matter what method, at this point. it is important that by analyzing the history of just the indices). Do the rest of the conclusions yourself, you have a great kettle.

The sentence is structured in such a way that the meaning changes, depending on how you read it. Is it possible to rewrite it?

getch >>:

Предложение так построено, что смысл меняется, в зависимости, как его прочтешь. Возможно его переписать?

Sure. I didn't find any ambiguity, though, probably because I know exactly what I meant.

I am not rewriting the sentence, but the idea itself.

If we take as a basis not a set of currency pairs, but a set of currency indices, built on a particular multicurrency basket,

then we would probably have somewhat more informative graphs (as compared to pair graphs). In a "Shannon" sense we will of course not get more information,

but perhaps we will better reveal some regularities hidden in the initial charts of currency pairs. I.e. as a material for tehanalysis and subsequent forecasting,

they may be more useful, or at least not less. Which is extremely attractive, in order to increase returns and reduce risk at least twice

compared to forecasting movements of pairs directly (all other things being equal).

That's about it.

MetaDriver >>:

Конечно. Правда я не нашёл двусмысленности, наверное потому, что знаю какой конкретно смысл вкладывал.

Перепишу не предложение, а саму идею.

Если в качестве базиса взять не набор валютных пар, а набор валютных индексов, построенных на конкретной мультивалютной корзине,

то мы, возможно, будем иметь несколько более информативные графики (по сравнению с графиками пар). В "шенноновском" смысле мы, конечно не получим больше информации,

но возможно лучше выявим некие закономерности, которые прячутся в исходных графиках валютных пар. Т.е. как материал для теханализа и последующего прогнозирования,

они могут оказаться более полезны или по крайней мере не менее. Что крайне привлекательно, для увеличения доходности и уменьшения рисков по крайней мере вдвое

по сравнению с прогнозированием движений непосредственно пар (при прочих равных условиях).

Собсно всё.

From the TA's point of view.

You are right!

The scope cannot be excessive

MetaDriver >>:

This sounds like self-defeating.

If the bases from a set of currency pairs and a set of currency indices can be transformed into each other without loss of information, then this set of currency indices are simply new majors.

Converting "coordinates" has no effect on the properties of "space".

getch >>:

Звучит, как самообман.

Если базисы из набора валютных пар и набора валютных индексов могут преобразовываться друг в друга без потери информации, то этот набор валютных индексов - просто новые мажоры.

Преобразование "координат" никак не влияет на свойства "пространства".

I agree. It sounds like this. However, the market is more readable in "unzipped" form. At least for some comrades like me.

The analogy with Cartesian and polar coordinates is good and probably quite correct. Index majors are Cartesian. Linked to a single currency - polar.

The Cartesian ones are "more linear". It becomes easier to analyse and use.

There are other arguments "in favor" too, but I would not like to prove anything and moreover to show fishy places. My task was to explain the validity of the approach.

No more than that.

MetaDriver >>:

Step by step:

1. Converting the basis and obtaining new majors.
  2. Prediction of a new major (or cross) based on the analysis of the new majors.
  3. Inverse transformation of the basis with corresponding transformation of the forecast.
  4. Trade on the basis of obtained forecast.

All 4 steps are automatic.

The only thing is that on step 2, you can stop and start making up analysis in the hope that something will come up.

Reason: