Stock market puzzles :)

With only four chisels (OHLC), how many bar types are possible in a bar? With and without taking the previous bar into account. And do a statistical analysis which ones come after which ones. :) You can also calculate the number of curves which could form a bar depending on its type, meaning the types from the previous problem. :) Again with and without taking into account the previous bar. :)

It would be nice to have a solution in form of algorithm for counting bars and amount of curves.

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

At four figures, how many types of bar are possible?

No one seems to understand the question. Neither do I. What do you mean by numbers and types?

Richie >>:

Похоже никто вопрос не понял. Я тоже. Что понимаете под цифрами и видами?

OK - well, look -

Not Numbers of course - but numbers. :)

The part of the question with the previous bar in mind, is this about how many species of twin bars there can be? This is how many single bar species, and how many 'paired' species. The numbers can be compared. :)

I see. Trying to find a pattern of bars. I used to be into that too. In my opinion, trying to find such patterns is just another illusion created by a cunning price. Two externally identical bars (candlesticks) are almost always different "inside" and therefore their "meaning" is different.

The classification of bars is a classification of candlesticks, i.e. candlestick analysis, which, figuratively speaking, only works halfway.

As I wrote before, all traders follow the same labyrinth. I wonder which part you are on now?

Do you think you can make money on it, and if so, how?

Richie >>:

Понимаю. Пытаетесь найти закономерность баров. Я тоже когда-то этим увлекался. На мой взгляд попытка нахождения таких закономерностей - это ещё одна иллюзия создаваемая хитрой ценой. Два внешне одинаковых бара (свечи) почти всегда разные "внутри" и соответственно "смысл" у них разный.

Классификация баров - это классификация свечей т.е. свечной анализ, который работает, образно говоря, только наполовину.

Как я уже писал, все трейдеры идут по одному лабиринту. Интересно, на каком участке вы сейчас находитесь? Вы полагаете, что на этом можно заработать,

если да, то как?

:))) I found everything a long time ago.

I should make a signature or something - I've been doing a lot of research :).

Richie >>:

Как я уже писал, все трейдеры идут по одному лабиринту. Интересно, на каком участке вы сейчас находитесь?

Вы полагаете, что на этом можно заработать, если да, то как?

I'm already kind of there. :)

You got to make money in the market.

I don't think you've solved the problem. :)

How many kinds of bars are possible? As many as you like. It depends on how you classify them, i.e. with what precision. The higher the accuracy, the more

the more variations, the more complex and precise the analysis. I converted the bars to a digital form and then analyzed them using my program.

Richie >>:

Сколько возможно видов баров? Да сколько угодно. Смотря как вы их классифицируете, т.е. с какой точность. Чем выше точность, тем больше

вариантов, тем сложнее и точнее анализ. Я бары переводил в цифровой вид, а затем их анализировал с помощью своей программы.

The classification is simple :) - based on the likeness. Accuracy has nothing to do with it. The options .... I'm not going to tell you, it's not interesting.

Richie >>:

Я бары переводил в цифровой вид, а затем их анализировал с помощью своей программы.

So how many kinds of bars are there ?

Reason: