[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 435

Come on, guys, come on. Why are you sticking with this double-digit work? It's like you don't know what's going on. There's such a thing as a theorem. And there's such a thing as a lemma, an intermediate clause used to prove a theorem that itself requires proof. Those who are not familiar with it can find many lemmas in Spinoza's Ethics. We make an assumption (in this case we narrow down the product to a two-digit number) and act on it. If the assumption leads us to a contradiction, we automatically reject its truth. With this assumption, I showed that there is no contradiction - that is, there is at least one solution that rejects the existence of a contradiction. The intermediate position has a right to live.

There is a hard rule, deviation from which is a waste of time and effort. The rule states that complex situations are solved on simple models. Complex problems are broken down into simpler problems. By narrowing down the product to a two-digit number I have simplified the problem. Each of you has understood this very well. If there is a pair of numbers in this simplified version, it is very likely to exist in more complex ones as well. I have shown both the product and the sum, which do not allow to extract knowledge from the dialogue of wise men and asked to prove to me if I am wrong. I never saw a correct proof. Maybe I did not understand about numbers 11 and 17 - why they so embarrassed the sage, but the very presence of another sum only aggravates the situation - it does not make the choice easier.

No one decides, ValS. It's a convention. But so can I :) And the theory of numbers - well, I read it in my spare time, purely amateurishly. I'm not an expert in it.

2 drknn: Come on Vladimir, there are no lies from the pundits here. They don't lie and they count fast, like supercomps. And the dialogue, it is the one that gives the missing information. It should. And I showed you that with your example. You just haven't even tried to extract any useful information from it yet...

Я показал и произведение и сумму, которые не позволяют извлечь знания из диалога мудрецов и попросил доказать мне если я не прав. Доказательства корректного так и не увидел. Мож я не понял про числа 11 и 17 - чем они так смутили мудреца, но само наличие ещё одной суммы только усугубляет ситуацию - оно не делает выбор проще.

Nope. Numbers 11 and 17 (there's also a variant - 5 and 23, also both prime) just don't allow B to say that he "knew in advance": if the initial ones are 11 and 17, the product expansion would be one-digit.

Mathemat:

2 drknn: Come on Vladimir, there are no lies from the pundits here. They don't lie and they count fast, like supercomps. And the dialogue, it is the one that gives the missing information. It should. And I showed you that with your example. You just haven't even tried to extract useful information from it yet...

That's it, my brain is boiling - I'm resting. If there is a correct solution, I'd like to see it written in simple, schoolboy-friendly language. Without all the reticent discoveries that are implied by themselves. I can't be an expert in all areas of knowledge :) Like anyone else I know something better than others, something worse - a normal phenomenon. If you don't see lies in the testimony of pundits, then I guess I haven't reached you. I need to give you a break and with fresh strength show it in as simple a language as possible. All right, thank you all - I'm resting.

Yeah, and I'll think about it some more.

drknn:
That's it, brains are boiling - I'm resting. If there is a correct solution, I would like to see it written in simple language accessible to a schoolboy. Without all the reticences that are implied by themselves. I can't be an expert in all areas of knowledge :) Like anyone else I know something better than others, something worse - a normal phenomenon. If you don't see lies in the testimony of pundits, then I guess I haven't reached you. I need to give you a break and with fresh strength show it in as simple a language as possible. All right, thank you all - I'm resting.

You've messed with the man's head.)

Mathemat:
Yeah, and I'll think about it some more.

So many interesting problems, where have I been before!!!

Well... you weren't there yet :)

Mathemat:
Well... you weren't there yet :)

To be more exact, I haven't registered on this forum yet. I've been browsing it for a long time, though I do it occasionally.

Experimenting with this more. Tried to apply the polyharmonic extrapolation method to quotes, which are considered as a signal, but no results (

Start a thread, get people interested. Maybe they will, if you can explain it to them.

No problem to explain, I don't see the prospects myself
Reason: