[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 151

Well, let them guard it. The main thing is that they always follow a certain route. Each edge is a path, on which there is always a fixed number of ants.

And the total number of ants is not 12, but 1+2+...+12 = 78.

Mathemat >>:

Если все же считать, что каждое ребро ориентированное, то навскидку соседние узлы (вершины) должны быть размечены двумя тройками со знаками. Скажем, (-4, +2, +3) и (+1, +4, -5)). Жирным выделены числа, связанные с одним и тем же ребром. Они, естественно, имеют разные знаки.

Все равно выходит однородная система из 8 уравнений с 12 неизвестными. В этой системе каждый вес ребра встречается только в двух разных уравнениях, но с разными знаками.

Но ты все равно ищи задачку, Александр.

2 TheXpert: а, может, с тетраэдра?

Such a system, I suppose, has infinitely many solutions in natural numbers. We have to put another condition - e.g. that the values found should be the minimum of the possible values. (or did I miss something?)

Mischek >>:

Я конечно тормоз, но можно прояснить для меня задачу

Можно ли так сказать - 12 муравьев охраняют куб, показать маршрут или как ?...

1+2+3+4+...+12=86 (I think) ants guarding a cubic anthill )))), not standing in one place but moving around, so that the number of ants coming to an edge equals the number of ants leaving the edge

12*13/2 = 6*13 = 78. And don't argue, sanyooooook, I didn't come up with this formula.

2 alsu: I'd like to show at least one solution here, and then look for some optimal ones. Still the same numbers will be, from 1 to 12.

sanyooooook >>:

1+2+3+4+...+12=86(кажется) муравьев охраняют кубический муравейник )))), не стоят в одном месте а постоянно передвигаются, так что число приходящих на ребро муравьев равно числу уходящих с этого ребра муравьев

No way haha.

The condition does not say that there must be an ant on any of the ribs at any point in time.

It's better to look at the source.

What do the numbers mean, what are they related to?

Mathemat >>:

12*13/2 = 6*13 = 78. И не спорь, sanyooooook, это не я эту формулу придумал.

2 alsu: да тут хоть одно решение изобразить бы, а потом уже искать какие-то оптимальные. Все равно ж те же числа будут, от 1 до 12.

I'm not arguing, I did the math (I see why it took me 3 years to solve this problem?)

Mischek >>:

Ни фига ни хаха

в условии нет про то, что в любой момент времени на любом из ребер должен быть муравей

Лучше конечно посмотреть первоисточник

А цифири что означают, с чем связаны ?

The original source is in the magazine Science and Life )))), today again searched in the electronic archive of the magazine and did not find anything (maybe the magazine is different, maybe a young technician)

sanyooooook >>:

первоисточник в журнале наука и жизнь ))), сегодня снова рылся в электронном архиве этого журнала и ничего не нашел(может журнал другой, может юный техник)

Yeah, a "young sadistic naturalist."

What are the numbers on the ribs tied to?

The number on an edge is, roughly speaking, the number of ants walking along that edge in a given direction (the edges are directed).

Ants walk only along the edges, don't emerge from anywhere and don't fall down anywhere: if there is a vertex, which 5 and 6 ants enter from two ribs (say, in one hour), then the same 11 ants exit from the vertex along the third rib.

Yes, it's more like a flux density over time.

P.S. "Can we unambiguously reconstruct the weight of O knowing only the weights of edges A, B, C, D - certainly under the conditions of this problem?"
No, you can't, alas. So the vertex will have to be labeled with the weight of the former edge somehow.

Mischek >>:

Ага "Юный садист-натуралист"

Цифры на ребрах к чему привязаны ?

the number of ants on that rib

Reason: