Classical analysis 'doesn't work'? - page 31

NiKkel >>:
мы не спорим - я победил

OK. Especially since I wasn't arguing, I was telling.

paukas >>:
Если у кого что не работает - могу хорошего доктора порекомендовать! :)))

I take it that you have been examined and after the therapeutic procedures - everything is working? Well, say hello to Bonaparte when you see him.

Svinozavr >>:
Все спорите? Хотите довод за то, что "не работает"? Вернее, за то, что общепринятое принятие решений на основе классических индикаторов - туфта полная?
Прогоните классический советник из поставки МТ на исторических данных по Доу за то время, когда весь ТА был только в виде описаний, и ни о каких торговых роботах никто даже не бредил.
))) Вы получите примерно то же самое, что и на современных котировках. Это, кстати, развенчивает два мифа:
1. ТА не работает, потому что рынок с того момента, когда был придуман ТА, принципиально для работоспособности ТА изменился.
И
2. Та не работает, потому что все по нему торгуют.

Почему же тогда столько всего вокруг ТА понаписано, прочитано, показано (спето и сплясано), если это все - говно полное? Ответ очевиден: в докомпьютерную эпоху ТА применяли выборочно, полагаясь на свой опыт (интуицию), зная, что вот сейчас эта дивергенция, эта графическая фигура адекватна, а стохастик, исходя из общего контекста происходящего, действительно показывает перепроданность. Прикрутить же интуицию к компьютеру, формализовать процесс принятия решений опытным трейдером до уровня алгоритма - это действительно непростая задача. Архисложная.)))

You know, I'll never forget the first time I read a book on technical analysis. Neiman's
I was so fascinated - simple, straightforward, you don't have to think. I was itching for a computer and millions in my pocket.
and the romance - TRADER!

NiKkel >>:

знаешь, я никогда не забуду как я в первый раз прочитал книгу по тех анализу. Неймана
я был настолько очарован - просто, все понятно, думать не надо. прям, руки чесались - за комп и миллионы в карман.
и романтика - ТРЕЙДЕР!

It's not that simple...))

Svinozavr писал(а) >>
This, by the way, debunks two myths:
1. TA does not work because the market has changed fundamentally for TA to work since TA was invented.
И
2. TA doesn't work because everybody trades on it.

Why then is so much written, read, shown (sung and sung) about TA, if it's all a load of crap? The answer is obvious: in the pre-computer era TA was applied selectively, relying on their experience (intuition), knowing that right now this divergence, this graphical figure is adequate and stochastic, based on the general context of what is happening, is really oversold. And it is really a difficult task to attach intuition to a computer, to formalize the decision-making process of an experienced trader to the level of an algorithm. Arch-complicated.)))

Good research and most importantly useful! The conclusion is that the market does not see TA. Percentage of TA traders is miserable for the market. We need to make a normal TA and go ahead...

I do not understand why nobody asked the author a simple question - what did he mean when he stated his narrow and personal understanding of the term "classical analysis" that does not work? I know only 2 types of analysis - technical or fundamental, and I wish to get acquainted with "classical", according to the author )) Yes, and also let him explain what does analysis "works" and "does not work"? (He said price - go here, and put it in cash ? ))

Svinozavr >>: Почему же тогда столько всего вокруг ТА понаписано, прочитано, показано (спето и сплясано), если это все - говно полное? Ответ очевиден: в докомпьютерную эпоху ТА применяли выборочно, полагаясь на свой опыт (интуицию) [...]

Peter, I think it's simpler than that: it's money, and there's always a lot of people around it.

Are you interested in the TA of a recorder curve in an earthquake zone? It's an acute problem, isn't it?

And which is more interesting - the seismo TA or the TA of the eur rate? Of course, the latter - that's why they write the books.

Valio >>:

Не понятно почему никто не задал топикстартеру простой вопрос - а что он имел ввиду когда некое свое узко-сугубо индивидуальное понимание термина "классический анализ" он заявил неработающим ? Знаю только 2 вида анализа - технический или фундаментальный, и желаю ознакомиться с "классическим", по-аффтару )) Да, и еще пусть пояснит что значит анализ "работает" и "не работает"? Сказал цена - сюда иди, и вывел на обналичку ? ))

I understood it as an opportunity to build an adequate TS, bringing a rate of return on capital greater than the market one, over a sufficiently long time horizon

I will summarize my position:
1. TA is pseudoscience and false theory
2. TA is a kind of arithmetic or algebra
3. TA is a provider of asset price derivatives, everything else is a psychological interpretation of the observer
4. GRAAL based on TA is impossible (on a long enough time horizon)

Although, to be honest, I do not believe in the possibility of building a TS based on a TA that earns on a long interval.
As soon as you feel a pattern in price movement, the market levels it out

Mathemat >>:

Пётр, по-моему, все проще: это ж деньги, а вокруг них всегда крутится много народу.

Тебе интересен ТА кривой самописца в сейсмоопасной зоне? Акутальная ведь проблема.

А что интереснее - сейсмоТА или ТА курса евры? конечно, второй - вот книжки и пишут.

Also an option! ))) But the interesting thing is that successful traders also write TA books. There, how many Larry Williams (not to be confused with Bill!) has useful (in context!!! )))) indicators, and he didn't invent them in the Economics Department of the Management Institute.

Reason: