Equal lots in hedging instruments - page 6

Bought 1 lot of EURUSD - bought 100k EUR. To hedge it is necessary to sell 100k EUR. I.e. if you buy USDCHF, you have to buy as many lots as the EURCHF quote shows. I.e. 1.475 at the moment.

This is all fair if the deposit currency is USD.

There's this other thing.

What I explained was theoretical.

In practice, you have to look at the specs.

1 lot can be 100,000 quid for all pairs

or it could be in the denominator currency

but more often in the numerator currency

but this does not change the mathematics, it only simplifies or complicates the calculation.

Home >>:

Купили 1 лот EURUSD - купили 100к евро. Для хеджа надо продать 100к ЕВРО. Т.е. если покупать USDCHF, то надо купить столько лотов, сколько показывает котир EURCHF. Т.е. 1.475 на данный момент.

Это все спреведливо если валюта депозита USD.

Don't be lazy... open a demo 1 lot of eurobucks and 1.47 lots of dollarfrank, put a profit + 5 pips on one and a stop loss + 5 pips on the other. you will see the difference!!!!

Home >>:

Купили 1 лот EURUSD - купили 100к евро. Для хеджа надо продать 100к ЕВРО. Т.е. если покупать USDCHF, то надо купить столько лотов, сколько показывает котир EURCHF. Т.е. 1.475 на данный момент.

Это все спреведливо если валюта депозита USD.

costs are hedged, i.e. quid

Mischek >>:

хеджируются расходы, т.е. баксы

If it is not clear, think in terms other than currencies, e.g. gold. To hedge 1 lot of a long GOLD position you have to sell 1 lot of gold, not a quid.

sever29 >>:
Подскажите, какой лот должен быть у баксо/франка при хеджировании им 0.1 лота евра/бакса

there are at least two options here:

1. no lot;

2. whatever the lot is.

both in the first and in the second case there is no sign of a hedge

Here, the OpenSymbolPosition function lists the (working) formulas for all possible hashing options.

Home >>:

Если не понятно, подумайте не в терминах валют, например золото. Для хеджа 1 лота длинной позиции GOLD надо продать 1 лот золота, а не бакса.

And in this your case, the number of quid spent equals the number of proceeds from the sale

For convenience, for "hedge", let's take silver.

The prices in the example are from the ceiling for convenience

Sold 1 kg of gold for 10,000 quid.

We will "hedge" with silver.

So we don't buy 1 kg of silver because it is cheaper, but how much?

Exactly how much we can buy with the proceeds from the sale of gold 10 000 quid

If the price of both gold and silver go up by one percent, the balance (equity) will not shift.

That's the essence of the "hedge" that's being discussed here.

I personally do not understand the hedge.

This is a GOLD/SILVER cross trade.

getch >>:
Это торговля кроссом GOLD/SILVER.

of course

in the very first post of the cross euraphrank

Reason: