Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 23

getch >>:

Это метод более удобного визуального определения корреляций, обладающий, соответсвенно, огромным количеством минусов.

Когда-то тоже полагал, что надо смотреть на относительное изменение инструмента. Но после написания Trade-Arbitrage, где столкнулся с проблемой определения размера пункта для синтетических инструментов, засомневался, что относительный подход правильный.

Не проверял, но есть некоторая догадка, что зигзагов с минимальным движением, например, на 10 пунктов столько же у EURUSD, когда курс был 1.0000, как и при курсе 1.5000. А не в 1.5 раза больше, как это должно было быть, если бы гипотеза об относительном подходе была верна.

Поэтому оценка корреляции на основании отношений двух инструментов видится тоже сомнительной.

I could be wrong. But the point of the method is the starting point. For example, take 09.00 am (for day trading) as its starting point. Then we don't care

on the size of pips. Suppose 1 instrument costs $100, the second $200. At this point this difference is fixed. And we will see at 09.30,

10.00, etc. RS difference from the starting point. Exactly the same for the daily and weekly charts.

This method comes to mind first, as it is the simplest and most obvious. But it is a visual method.

getch >>:
Этот метод приходит первым в голову, т.к. самый простой и очевидный. Но это визуальный метод.

So we are kind of looking for entry points into spread trades. I think it's a very good point to break

of the trend line. Not a gold or oil price line, but a break of the RS trend line.

In intraday trading this will indicate...that something has changed and the funds money is

they move the futures today, for some reason, which we don't need to know, begins to flow

from oil to gold and vice versa.

Your example with gold and oil:

GLD is gold.

OIL is oil.

We have two initial trading instruments GLD/USD and OIL/USD.

You propose to conduct technical analysis on a synthetic "cross" - GLD/OIL.

How does this approach differ from trading any currency pair or other trading instruments?

The method is visual, so it has a huge number of disadvantages.

getch >>:

Ваш пример с золотом и нефтью:

GLD - золото.

OIL - нефть.

Имеем два исходных торговых инструмента GLD/USD и OIL/USD.

Вы предлагаете проводить технический анализ на синтетическом "кроссе" - GLD/OIL.

Чем этот подход отличается от торговли на любой валютной паре или других торговых инструментах?

Метод визуальный, поэтому обладает огромным количеством минусов.

synthetic 'cross' - GLD/OIL. It's not the RS index. Badly departed from Saxo. They had this indicator in their platform

had this indicator, a screen would have made more sense.

Roughly speaking, the definition of a correlation between two trading instruments is the definition of a flat on the corresponding (relationship of one to the other) synthetic trading instrument.

I.e., if you have learned to define correlation, you have learned to define a flat. And vice versa. - The main task of trading.

RS is the same idea only with EMA.

getch >>:

Грубо говоря, определение корреляция между двумя торговыми инструментами - это определение флэта на соответствующем (отношение одного к другому) синтетическом торговом инструменте.

Т.е. научились определять корреляцию - научились определять флэт. И наоборот. - основная задача торговли.

Yes, you are right. I have written to David in a private message as I see the option of looking for entry ideas on more than one pair (let's say indexes).

Let's see what he comes up with.

Another thing is that there is a concept of statistical correlation and, consequently, statistical flat. For example, the nighttime flat is popular with scalpers.

The methods of determining the statistical correlation (flat) may be different. For example, a night flat has been detected by scalpers visually and checked on historical data.

The methods for automating the determination of statistical correlation (flat) are of interest.

getch >>:

Другое дело, что есть понятие статистической корреляции и, соответственно, статистического флэта. Например, ночной флэт популярен у скальперов.

Методы определения статистической корреляции (флэта) могут быть разными. Например, ночной флэт скальперами был обнаружен визуально и проверен на исторических данных.

Интересуют же методы автоматизации определения статистической корреляции (флэта).

It seems to me that there are more productive ideas for hedge...than looking for statistical deviations from the mean flat range.

Reason: