Why is the normal distribution not normal? - page 40

Mischek >> :

What's with the silent scene? Are you trying to point out some kind of contradiction?

Nicht ferstein. >> I don't see it. Say something, it's a little too cryptic.

The market includes external events in the price subjectively

news flash - all oil tankers sunk in the port, derricks blown up ------

5 minutes later the rebuttal - news glitch, culprits hanged, same as always -----

don't tell me the price wasn't fair before the denial

MetaDriver >> :

What's with the silent scene? Are you trying to point out some kind of contradiction?

Nicht ferstein. I don't see it. Say something, cause it's a little too cryptic.

No, the editor doesn't listen.

Mischek >> :

The market includes external events in the price subjectively

news flash - all oil tankers sunk in the port, derricks blown up ------

5 minutes later the rebuttal - news glitch, culprits hanged, same as always -----

Don't tell me the price wasn't fair before the retraction.

And if there wasn't a denial, they wouldn't have gone down?

In the meantime, fair price sometimes equals price, which is when volatility is lowest, usually before the market closes.

Urain >> :

And if there was no rebuttal, why would they go down?

In the meantime fair price is sometimes equal to price, it's when the volatility is minimal, usually before the market closes.

And why would they go down when the deficit is already calculated for a roughly clear period?

I'm done for the night.

Mischek >> :

>> don't tell me the price wasn't fair before the rebuttal.

:)

I'll say.

Well, I'm off to bed. Actually, I've been asleep for a while now. :)

We'll continue tomorrow.

// There are still plenty of tankers left, they won't all sink before tomorrow... ;)

Urain писал(а) >>

No, those who are satisfied with the price are trading, others are sitting back and the majority of the rest are trading at a fair price. But since this is most often a skew in bids and there is no reverse (overlapping bids), trading at a fair price is not possible in principle, but the market always strives for it, because there are many interests there.

You are describing something like the equilibrium price according to Marshall, as the intersection of supply and demand curves. However, you describe the equilibrium price with elastic supply and demand. And it hardly makes sense to apply this model to exchange and FX prices even with a modification. These hypothetical curves are too dynamic and heterogeneous. Although, we may use the market profile as an approximate estimate of equilibrium price on the history.

In principle, the limit orders are the supply, while market and stop orders are the demand. The distribution of these orders by price with volume is what supply and demand curves are. But they are clearly not going to be that smooth and may well have several points of intersection. And they change all the time: pendants triggered, news come in, etc. etc. But as an example, the oandah glass

• Upper-left - buy orders at the price lower than the current one.
  • Upper-right - buy orders at the price higher than the current one.
  • Lower-left - sell orders at a price lower than the current price.
  • Lower-right - sell orders above the current price.

This can be shown as a curve and if you overlay them (yellow on blue), there will also be crossover t-curves. Of course market orders are not taken into account here - who else but Marshall knows them :) And when it reaches a level, price won't pass it until it makes it equilibrium. I.e. the current price level is always equilibrium in ril time.

Avals >> :

You are describing something like a Marshall equilibrium price, as the intersection of supply and demand curves.

Bullshit. If supply and demand intersect, there is a deal. Anyone can look in the tumblr and see that Offer and Bid do not overlap. They should be parallel to each other on the chart, i.e. both buyers and sellers have the same interest: to buy cheaper and sell dearer.

Avals >> :

In principle, limit orders are supply and by market and stop orders are demand.

Also bullshit and obvious nonsense. Offer and Bid (bid and ask) are limit orders. Offer is long, Bid is short.

The stop orders are not shown in the market window. Only the trader and his broker know about them. Otherwise they would be easy prey for other market participants.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

Reshetov >>:

Fair price is not a term but a phrase, as there is no clear definition.

--

Well etta... Jur..... Cut the crap already, eh.... You should also write the multiplication table. :)

And I'm not bullshitting, unlike some people, because I understand that the phrase "fair price" is purely subjective - how many traders go to market or open positions, and how many "fair prices" exist in this very market at the moment. And that's not taking into consideration automatic trading systems and other market analysis systems that also try to calculate "fair" price.

So, you can continue to argue about the definition of this very phrase. But, my advice - it is better to read fables of grandfather Krylov, for example: "The Swan, the Crawfish and the Pike", there is quite a vivid example of what the result of bringing subjectivism to a common denominator is.

Reshetov писал(а) >>

Bullshit. If supply and demand intersect, there is a deal. Anyone can look in the glass and see that Offer and Bid do not overlap.

Can you read and do you even understand what is being written about? Or first you write some nonsense, and then you look for something to attach it to?

This abstract model is inapplicable to the exchange and FX, although you can draw some analogies.

Below in this post we are talking about the stock:

Avals wrote >>

And when it reaches a level, the price won't pass it until it makes it equilibrium. That is, the current price level is always equilibrium in rile time.

Bids and offers are offers, and they overlap with bids on the market (including stop-loss actually market bids). Demand finds supply. If the supply at current prices is not sufficient to meet the current demand, a trade takes place at another price (up or down tick). Market orders absorb limit orders. But at prices above and below the current market price you can determine the pending supply and demand volume and find levels where they are equal, which is some distant analogy to Marshall's theory. What's not to understand here?
      Reason: