The rant about quitting your day job... - page 6

knt-kmrd >> :

I wonder what you are writing for Reuters?

>> what programs?

Xtra 3000

ChachaGames писал(а) >>
Tell me who's thinking about quitting my job and gettin' into tradin'. Rabota like prestigious, Z.P. not bad > $ 3000, the firm solid, one of the "blue chips" but tired, specifically tired to work "for an uncle", like already vyubatsya starting to trade, the system was his, not the fact that the unique, but profitable :) sam not a fool like, I understand that I can earn wits a lot ... a lot... but I have my doubts... My experience at the exchange market for ~ 4 months, and I was not playing roulette, all this time I was trying to understand and learn... I understand that the "rabbit hole" is very deep and this is only more interesting... Any advice you can give... I would be especially glad to get advice from those who have gone through similar experiences.

So that's where my dumbasses are draining the dough...

>> Uncle.

Helex писал(а) >>

So that's where my dumbasses are draining the dough...

Uncle.

:) Thanks for the answers, sorry for being away for a while (I had a lot on my mind), but I have another question... Everyone's talking about 30% traded per year, isn't it multiplied by the leverage? ;) or maybe I don't understand it, because you can get 30% for your money in a typical Russian business... but here such loans for small businesses :)))

No multiplication. I'd be fine with... Well, not 30, but 70% a year with low drawdown and an initial capital of $100K :)

Mathemat писал(а) >>

No multiplication. I'd be fine with... Well, not 30, but 70% a year with low drawdown and an initial capital of $100K :)

Figures are absolute, hence the answer to the question about the job.

ChachaGames >>:

:) Всем спасибо за ответы сори что пропал на время (много думал), вот еще ворос может не в тему... вот все говорят про трейдерские 30% в год, это же помноженные на плечо??? ;) или я чего-то непонимаю, так как 30% в обычном для россии бизнесе за свои деньги получить можно много где... а тут такие кредиты малому бизнесу :)))

$100,000 at 30% per year, $30,000 at the end of the year net profit.

igar00 писал(а) >>

$100,000 at 30% a year, $30,000 at the end of the year net profit.

Yeah, but... let's say we're working with minimum leverage or X10, a lot of money... showing good profits... 50% a year let's say... increase the leverage to X100 and the profit should increase... an option Transition to X500 Work as smartly as before, but more risky, the profit increases by 500%, or reduce the deposit amount according to the leverage and go for high-risk strategy, there are lots of grails even in codebase (300-500% per week) yes, there is a possibility of losing the deposit.... but in 80% of cases it will survive the week having increased by 3-5 times, on Saturday we take all that was earned or add another $100 if lost, the total for 10 weeks, 2 drawdowns $200 (eg Depo $100) and a minimum of 8*3*100=2400 -200 lost and 100 initial, total: 2100 profit at an investment of 100, for 10 weeks ...

This is only theoretical reasoning. The likelihood of a "black swan" is much higher than it seems.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

This is just theoretical reasoning...

Get practical. Shut up, shut up....

Mathemat, why did you delete the post? It was good... catchy :)

Without doubling up in at least a year, it's not even funny to work in the market with 100K. imho

Reason: