Safe, profitable and exciting forex - page 2

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Here's the question - how will you analyse which parameters are successful? With so many deaths? I think you need to collect the results somehow, put them in the database and then process them somehow.

The key word here is "somehow" because I personally do not understand the mechanism.

I assume you, as the author of the idea, have thought this question through, please share.

1. To implement this project it is sufficient to have TS, capable of operating with minimal absolute drawdown at some point of history (even at 10-20%). Most trend-following EAs are capable of this, for example, this EA, launched in early 2010, shows such results with TP=SL=300pp, which is enough:

During January 2010, out of 20 EAs launched with a total budget of $20, the first 17 survived and then started to die. The surviving EAs so far have each earned a constant 0.01 lot, an average of $112, for a total of $1,900. I'm sure in 2010 a few more EAs will survive (this can be checked, there is no time now). In addition, the maximum drawdown was $28. Consequently, every time at least 50$, you can increase lot volume, which increases the final profit. A primitive calculation shows that, in less than 6 years, we increase the spent money more than 10 times. But, when I make all calculations, I'm sure it will be more than 100 times. I think that is enough for any trader with a good appetite. For clarity, I will perform the entire experiment in 2010. Let's see what happens. In any case, the trader will not lose. Then we need to check with the deposit of $2, $3, ..., $10, $20 and choose the best option for the initial deposit of the kamikaze robot.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

1.To implement this project it is sufficient to have an Expert Advisor, capable of working with minimal absolute drawdown in some parts of the history (even at 10-20%). For example, this is what most trend-following EAs are capable of, for example, this EA, launched at the beginning of 2010, shows such results with TP=SL=300pp, which is enough:

During January 2010, out of 20 EAs launched with a total budget of $20, the first 17 survived and then started to die. The surviving EAs so far have each earned a constant 0.01 lot, an average of $112, for a total of $1,900. I'm sure in 2010 a few more EAs will survive (this can be checked, there is no time now). In addition, the maximum drawdown was $28. Consequently, every time at least 50$, you can increase lot volume, which increases the final profit. A primitive calculation shows that, in less than 6 years, we increase the spent money more than 10 times. But, when I make all calculations, I'm sure it will be more than 100 times. I think that is enough for any trader with a good appetite. For clarity, I will perform the entire experiment in 2010. Let's see what happens. In any case, the trader will not lose. Then we need to check with the deposit of $2, $3, ..., $10, $20 and choose the best option for the initial deposit of the kamikaze robot.

I don't understand how kamikaze robots differ from each other? Is it the same strategy with different parameters?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I don't understand how kamikaze is different from one another? Is it the same strategy with different parameters?
Different EAs that make money in certain market conditions.

Anton Zverev:
Different EAs earning under certain market conditions.

Judging by that phrase, it's the same one. Or a typo.

"1. To implement this project, it is sufficient to have a TS capable of working with minimal absolute drawdown in some parts of the history (even if by 10-20%).

or capable?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I don't understand how kamikaze is different from one another? Is it the same strategy with different parameters?
They are the same strategy with the same parameters and a $1 deposit, but run every 1 day, and maybe more often.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Judging by that phrase, it's the same one. Or a typo.

"1. To implement this project, it is sufficient to have a TS capable of working with minimal absolute drawdown in some parts of the history (even if by 10-20%).

or capable?

-a.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

1.To implement this project it is sufficient to have an Expert Advisor, capable of working with minimal absolute drawdown in some parts of the history (even at 10-20%). For example, this is what most trend-following EAs are capable of, for example, this EA, launched at the beginning of 2010, shows such results with TP=SL=300pp, which is enough:

During January 2010, out of 20 Expert Advisors launched with a total budget of $20, the first 17 survived, then began to die. The surviving EAs so far have each earned a constant 0.01 lot, an average of $112, for a total of $1,900. I'm sure in 2010 a few more EAs will survive (this can be checked, there is no time now). In addition, the maximum drawdown was $28. Consequently, every time at least 50$, you can increase lot volume, which increases the final profit. A primitive calculation shows that, in less than 6 years, we increase the spent money more than 10 times. But, when I make all calculations, I'm sure it will be more than 100 times. I think that is enough for any trader with a good appetite. For clarity, I will perform the entire experiment in 2010. Let's see what happens. In any case, the trader will not lose. Then we need to check with the deposit of $2, $3, ..., $10, $20 and choose the best option for the initial deposit of the kamikaze robot.

Dear Yusuf, I ask you not to do your experiments for 2016, otherwise we will be left without business. :)

You say you work as an economist but you reason like a schoolboy. There is no need to violate what is called Money Management.

In order to trade profitably and without losses you need to have about $10K on the deposit and open orders with 0.01 lot maximum.

Only in this case it is possible to gain 5-10% monthly. More than that is risky.

To sacrifice yourself for money is not worth it (I mean your kamikaze).

History shows that blowing yourself and others up for the sake of some idea leads to nothing good.

From 01.03.2015 to date there have only been 2 opportunities to take 1000pts (4hz) on Eura and that's if one manages to enter on the peaks. How many would have eaten 50 pips in that time? What if this sideways cycle lasts a couple more years ?

same martin, only in profile

Could you articulate unequivocally who in your theory is the patient and who is the tool? Isn't the idea that the history of the last few decades is itself profitable, if you don't make a fuss? Some of the trends should turn out to be sufficiently irreversible and long enough to outweigh the losses of the insufficiently irreversible ones

If so, then the patient (the object of examination) is history and the instrument of examination is a bot. In this case the kamikazebot should not have its own strategy - it gets a signal "Is there a trend?" from the indicator, places an order with SL and gives up on it. The exit - only by a given % profit for the entire period since the last exit

And you start to talk about some strategy - it means that your bots are not the tools but the patients, you are testing the strategies, not the initial idea about the profitable history dna-code
Reason: