It's possible to change parameters of indicator on the fly from EA

Hi,

for example when i use  ExpertMACD demo from MT 5.0 its posiible to change the parameters of MACD indicator from this EA based on Standard Library? How to do this on-the-fly?

I really want this question answered too please.

johnnypasado:
I really want this question answered too please.
You can change the results you get from the indicator with iCustom from the EA, but you can't change the indicator itself

pan449b:

Hi,

for example when i use  ExpertMACD demo from MT 5.0 its posiible to change the parameters of MACD indicator from this EA based on Standard Library? How to do this on-the-fly?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/39
Event handling in MQL5: Changing MA period on-the-fly
Event handling in MQL5: Changing MA period on-the-fly
  • Sceptic Philozoff
  • www.mql5.com
Suppose that simple MA (Moving Average) indicator with period 13 is applied to a chart. And we want to change the period to 20, but we do not want to go to indicator properties dialog box and edit the number 13 to 20: simply tired of these tedious actions with mouse and keyboard. And especially we don't want to open indicator code and modify it. We want to do all this with a single press of a button - "up arrows" next to the numeric keypad. In this article I'll describe how to do it.

^ Yup, I use a similar trick in some of my indys (MT4) to enable hot keys, forcing a reload with a null call to ChartSetSymbolPeriod. But it requires re-coding the indicator - you can't do it with an "out of the box" indicator

Filter:
^ Yup, I use a similar trick in some of my indys (MT4) to enable hot keys, forcing a reload with a null call to ChartSetSymbolPeriod. But it requires re-coding the indicator - you can't do it with an "out of the box" indicator

Lol, then your opinion is rather different from the one of a bug fixer:

Ovo:

Lol, then your opinion is rather different from the one of a bug fixer:

LOL, so what was the suggestion to get an indicator to reload??  And what was your question to service desk - you left that out.....

Filter:
LOL, so what was the suggestion to get an indicator to reload??  And what was your question to service desk - you left that out.....

There is incorrect reset. After the command. all indicators attached to the chart reset properly, but the one that calls the command.

Right after the command it calls OnDenit,  OnInit (so far good), but then it returns to a command following the original ChartSetSymbolPeriod and continues the method. There are no valid objects any longer, so it mostly ends in invalid pointer error.

My request to service desk was about disabling this return.

My suggestion is - you may still use the command, but with caution that it is the last command in the event method. 

Reason: