First sacred cow: "If the trend started, it will continue" - page 60

forexigrok >>:

опыт подсказывает. статистика Вам в помощь при работе притив тренда!

:)

MetaDriver >>:

Судя по названию ветки - ищем причинно-следственную связь между началом тренда и его продолжением. Ну так тебе не хуже меня известно что её нету.

Наука статистика в лице Пастухова-Ширяева-Neutrona и многих других, включая тебя лично, давно доказали и с графиками распределений returns наперевес продемонстрировали, что тренд скорее развернётся чем продолжится. :)

Так что священная корова давно зажарена на вертеле авторитетов данного форума. И зря её тут обгладывают, даже уже неприлично как-то.

:)

Couldn't resist.

It's more the other way around.

The other thing is that it's not quite clear where it ends...

But about the "pivot points" in the title of the topic and the problem statement is not.

This too is a maniacally interesting topic in a parallel thread ;)

I'll allow myself an illustration from the offshoots of a degenerated (including this branch) 'follow-up' thread.

Exactly started... and has been for a long time. ;)

And what aworkshop purchase...

Mathemat >>:

А покупка-то какая ма стерская...

Thank you!

U-turn channel...

;)

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Great, played out: the quote stream has entry and exit points along with comments from the market maker or DC itself as to whether they will match a profitable position. Aren't you confusing cause and effect, sermian?

P.S. Do pips traders also trend?

If you look at the spectral analysis above, there are many trends of the same direction on the same interval at the same time. What are we to make of these trends if we cannot use them. Pure purely purely purely purely purely - got a gain - so a trend. What does this have to do with OCs?

Nothing to do with it, faa1947.

2 avatara: do you use your Plombiers, Michal?

Mathemat >>:

Да ни при чем, проехали, faa1947.

2 avatara: а Plombiers свой пользуешь, Михаил?

he gives birth to the "U-turns" ;)

And Mashka's is a little late...

But "if it's started, it might as well continue...."

"Mahi on the balcony" speaks to the fact of a past event.

The context of the unhealthy tailor works...

;)

From a trader's point of view, a trend is: 1. "Oh, my God, it's going up!" or "Why did I open the market so stupid? ((("; 2. 2. "It goes well!" or "Maybe it will not go down? ((("; 3. "Good exit, too early!" or "Damn, I should have closed earlier (((")".

From the viewpoint of TS - the trend is a set of arithmetic operations on readings taken from indicators or bars, that result in profitable closing of positions or local/complete loss of the deposit. )))

artikul >>:
С точки зрения ТС - тренд это набор арифметических действий над показаниями, снятыми с индикаторов или баров, результатом которых явилось профитное закрытие позиций или локальный/полный слив депозита. )))

Completely agree. Even if a "scientific" definition is gleefully found, it will most likely prove useless for trading. I'm interested in a set of measurable signs,

From which I could statistically reliably conclude that if I' m stuck now , I'm more likely to win in the future. I.e. that there will be a sideways trend from the time I open until the close.

That is all.

From this point of view, the topic-starter's question sounds like this: "Is the start of a trend a good indicator of a tailwind?"

The answer is "No" if one considers ZigZags lines on history as trends. This is something even the zigzag itself knows on this forum - hence why it overdraws embarrassingly half

of the very trend that is supposed to be indicative. And as for other definitions of the trend, all of them will lean either to the constructive definition (in the language of signals and deals), or to the useless one (in the formal language of geometry and the like).

Alexei! The picture is by the book:

Итак, что в сухом остатке?

Доказательство, что в серии из 100 000 наблюдений "пересекающиеся" машки и зигзаг дают 14% сигналов, которые при идеальном выходе прибыльны?

Где пытливые исследователи, яростные оппоненты Садовника и просто трейдеры?

;)

Неужели простенький алгоритм

никого не вдохновил?

Зигзаг с параметрами (из скрипта) 20,1,3.

Таймфрейм М5 . евродоллар.

;)

And the 'returnees' to the middle are 'normal'...

No thick "fosts" to be seen.

Why not use?

--------

Only M15 is better... It's wider, so it's more profitable.

Periods 200 and 25.

Reason: