Working with your hands is better - page 6

SProgrammer >> :

Not always a manual strategy is clear. Not every clear strategy can be programmed.

If there are no clear rules, then you allow situations to occur where you say: "I don't know what to do". You know, this is not professional trading and it leads to inevitable losses.

A pro always knows that he will stay "in the game" tomorrow because he has clear rules.

Alex5757000 писал(а) >>

If there are no clear rules, then you allow situations to occur where you say: "I don't know what to do". You know, this is not professional trading and it leads to inevitable losses.

A pro always knows that he will stay "in the game" tomorrow, because he has clear rules.

The programmer is absent at work, he is absent for a day, two days... The whole team comes to his house. He sits in a cold bath, soaps his head. They take a bottle of shampoo, on the bottle it says "soap, rinse, repeat."

FION >> :

In principle, a working algorithm should be adjusted to the changing market volatility from time to time, and the autocorrection algorithms are being used by XEON and HIDDEN, and quite successfully.

- I can only rejoice.

So, it turns out, I am XEON and HIDDEN myself. )

p.s. For some reason I was reminded of a joke, which ends with the words, "It's not a king's business ....." )

Integer писал(а) >>

Now comes the long, tedious and long-winded song about eMeM. No one has it written on their forehead how much of a deposit they are opening for, and that ten or five percent risk is not the benchmark norm.

That's what the points are about. :) Just the points.

Alex5757000 писал(а) >>

A pro always knows that he will stay "in the game" tomorrow, because he has clear rules.

I'm a pro and I very often say - I don't know what to do. :) But that kind of don't know only happens to open. To close I always know. There are no clear rules.

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

That's what the points are about. :) Just the points.

No comment!

Integer >> :

Now comes the long, tedious and long-winded song about eMeM. No one has it written on his forehead how much of a deposit he opens, and that ten or five percent risk is not the benchmark norm.

I don't have 10 or even 5, I only have 1. I risk about 1 per cent of the deposit in a trade. My risk is just a stop, without any probabilities. One pip is worth 1/3000 of the deposit, the stop is 30 pips, that's 1 percent of the deposit.

About points: also agree with S. Pips first - but at 0.1 lot. This is basic information, which allows to judge the strategy as a whole. And then screw any MM you need.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

I don't have 10 or even 5, but only 1. I risk about 1 per cent of the deposit in a trade. My risk is just a stop, without any probabilities. One pip is worth 1/3000 of the deposit, a stop is 30 pips, that's 1 percent of the deposit.

About pips: also agree with S. Pips first - but on a 0.1 lot. This is basic information which allows us to judge the strategy as a whole. And then you can add any MM you need.

For a strategy with 100 pips stoploss you can't set the same MM as for a strategy with 30 pips stoploss.

Which is better - "I earned XXX points" or "I earned XX% a year"?

Mathemat >> :

I don't have 10 or even 5, I only have 1. I risk about 1 per cent of the deposit in a trade. My risk is just a stop, without any probabilities. One pip is worth 1/3000 of the deposit, the stop is 30 pips, that's 1 percent of the deposit.

About points: also agree with S. Pips first - but on a 0.1 lot. This is the initial information that allows you to judge the strategy as a whole. And then you can add any MM you need.

Why 30, why 30?

not 25, not 51, but 30, imho within the same strategy entry and exit are linked

the entrance is clear, but the exit is the same - the "wrong move" and it may be at -25 or -51 points

with a risk management strategy you castrate the strategy

imho of course

Reason: