NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009

The NFA (National Futures Association) has banned hedging operations in the financial markets since May 15, 2009.

A message like this came in:

New NFA Hedging Policy

*******, along with all FCM's, has received information from the NFA that we wanted to pass along to our customers. All registered FCM's have received a new

Compliance Rule 2-43 regarding forex trading. On May 15, 2009, forex customers will no longer be allowed open "hedged" positions" in their accounts.

Please see an excerpt from the new NFA rule below. If you are currently using Hedging as a trading strategy, we would encourage you to use the ******* Demo accounts over

the next month to help modify your trading strategy. Also, for those of you who utilize hedging strategy with your "Expert Advisors", we would encourage you modify

your code and test your advisor on the ******* Demo servers as well. In order to assure a smooth transition for our customers to the new NFA Compliance Rule,

******* has set May 8, 2009 as the last date that customers will be able to Hedge open positions.

******* is committed to providing our customers with superb tools, real time news and analytics to help you to be a successful trader.

Please do not hesitate to contact one of our customer service professionals if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Notice to Members I-09-10
April 13, 2009

Effective Date of NFA Requirements Regarding Forex Orders

NFA has received notice that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has approved new NFA Compliance Rule 2-43 regarding forex orders.

The prohibition on carrying offsetting transactions will be effective for any positions established after May 15, 2009.

Additional information coming soon.

What do you mean? Hedging or locking? On what principle can we unambiguously classify reopened positions?

positions to hedge? If locking is implied, it becomes clear why it won't be in MT5.

Taking into account that locking is a special kind of hedging, it is obvious that locks are definitely illegal for the NFA.

Interested in the opinions and information of competent persons on the matter.

The term "offsetting transactions" is more like locked positions imho.

Let's wait for timbo until tonight, he knows for sure.

In the CRUFM forum

nfa bans...

kegor >> :

In the CRUFM forum

nfa prohibits...

Thank you, I see. That's right - it's strictly about locs.

At least the hedging isn't being attacked and that's a good thing. :)

What I can't understand is if there are two different MTS running on the same currency, is that no longer possible?

Or if you put an EA which consists of several independent subsystems on the championship? also a problem, the rules need to be changed.....

That's why some people are defecting from the USA to the UK and some are in no hurry to get an NFA.

sergeev >> :

... if there are two different MTCs operating on the same currency, is that no longer possible?

It turns out so ... Unfortunately (((.

Or rather, they will have to be linked either in one EA or through global variables of the terminal

in such a way that they do not open in different directions. Otherwise a dealer will close the counter ones and EAs will open ...

and so on up to the spread loss.

Or the server/terminal won't let the counter open, which would be more logical.

sergeev писал(а) >>

What I can't understand is, if two different MTCs operate on the same currency, is that no longer possible?

That's awkward...

I wonder if there are two opposing pending orders.

kegor писал(а) >>

In the CRUFM forum

nfa prohibits...

if I understand correctly. So we open two accounts and the restriction

Thank God this banning nonsense hasn't spread any further than the White House for now...

:)))

In the beginning e-gold was shut down, now loci. We have to stay away from USA firms...

igar00 >> :
In the beginning e-gold was closed, now lots. We have to stay away from USA firms...

Right, back to the home kitchens of the Soviet Union, where everything is allowed except making money.

Of course, they prohibit lots, or rather overlapping positions, which do not make any sense except loss of spread. The solution is a serious increase of margin requirements for brokerage companies, removal of exceptions in the section about margin for each open deal. I.e. as a result brokerage companies will be more stable and reliable, clients' money will be safer.

What's the fuss about?

Reason: