Utility trawl - utopia or reality? - page 4

m_a_sim >> :
I think this is a good trawl: Sl=x p. When the price gets further from the opening price by x p., then we set Sl to Breakeven (at the opening price), the next level of Sl is pulled up by x p. when the price is already at 2*x p. I.e. we only pull up the Sl level when there is 2*x p. between the price and the Sl level, at x p. level.

But the position of the price relative to levels is one of the key factors

Jingo >> :

But here such factor as price position in relation to levels will play one of the main roles

In this case, the advantage before a simple trailing stop is enough room for price fluctuations, i.e. the order will not close prematurely.

I still think that the main criterion for trawling is the entry conditions. Otherwise, how it turns out: when we open - we look at the indices (for example), and trawl by price!!! No, if we open on Stochastic, then we trawl the price on Stochastic.

Shaitan >> :

If the stop is far away, what's the point of trawling it at all? What difference does it make, a little more, a little less...

It makes sense to trawl something that actually works according to a given strategy, not an abstract safety net.

Why would a trawl necessarily be used as a fix for "what was given"? Why do we have to cut off the profit on stray news releases, for example? Where is it written that a trawl can only be used bluntly? And if you add a little imagination?

Also - what is "distant" and why don't you call any other types of SL abstract?

You can call my trawl a BU trawl if you like. After going to no-loss it can quietly follow the price at a respectful distance until a serious counter signal (against the trend) appears. What's the abstraction in this?

To me, it would be an abstraction to have a trawl that spits down and then the price moves on. What an abstraction it is. As in the classics: "What an allegory you are, brother" (c) (I mean the wasted trawl).

infinum13 >> :

I still think that the main criterion for trawling is the entry conditions. Otherwise, how it turns out: when we open - we look at the indices (for example), and trawl by price!!! No, if you open with Stochastics, then trawl the price with Stochastics.

You've got a good point. :)

You can also choose different types of trawl according to the entry conditions.

One type for a strong signal, another for a weak signal.

EVladMih писал(а) >>

That's a good one! :)

Different types of trawl can be selected according to the input conditions.

One type for a strong signal, another for a weak one.

Yes, exactly. That's why inputs by "numerical" indicators are better than by simple crossings of bars (though it may be done by difference of bars).

infinum13 >> :

Yes, exactly. That's why inputs by "numerical" indicators are better than just by crossing the wands (although you can also trill by the difference of the wands).

To each his own. I do not use numerical indicators at all, MA crossings are used only as a guide line after which a pullback usually occurs but there is much more interesting in MA besides crossovers.

I start to look closer to the differences as well. I've got some unverified information that it gives good reversal points in combination with levels. How do you use it for trawl? Is there an indicator?

EVladMih >> :

And how do you use it for trawling? >> Is there an indicator?

However, I do know such an indicator myself - it's both Stochastic and MACD (especially the histogram) :)

So there's not much point in getting particularly twisted about it, but the trick is how to use it for trawling... Especially if you consider it in the MTS application. "I have a rough idea how to do it by eye. :))))))

EVladMih писал(а) >>

However, I know such an indicator myself - it is Stochastic and MACD (especially the histogram) :)

So, it does not make much sense to get sophisticated in this matter, but the trick is how to use it for trawling... Especially if considered in application to MTS. I have an approximate idea how to do it "by eye". :))))))

Wrong. I am not trawling at all, and I am certainly not playing with indicators. I am just expressing my thoughts and observations, thinking.

infinum13 >> :

I don't think you need to spend by profit, but by "entry signals". Best of all, if this entry is a percentage (there is an 80% probability of entering)

And what if the entry signals are generated a couple of times a day? We organize the entry at the minimum risk indicators and have to trawl on the fact of an open order. For example, if we work from the channel boundaries, how should we trawl?

Reason: