Correct calculation of currency indices. - page 25

MetaDriver:

1. I have a clear terminology on this subject. All methods of calculating indices which do not pretend to be pure, but which pretend to be more useful for trading, are called impure. I am not against them, I just say that before inventing and using them, one should learn how to calculate pure ones. And I assert that not all forex programmers know how to do it. That is all. Semen Semenych's epic is a vivid example. He publicly developed a line of cluster indicators and at the same time he publicly confirmed the non-existence of the correct oscillation point for the quotation of all the basket currencies relatively to it. The only compromise he saw as not entirely correct (which I completely agree with) was to fix (equate to one, for example) one of the currencies. (Of course, he rejected this incomplete possibility. And rightly so.) And no one from the programmer people corrected him, although there were many people on the Alpari forum where all this was taking place, and especially in his thread. But the reference point does exist - it is a geometric mean of all currencies, which cannot be isolated from the basket and calculated as a separate value (so it was not discovered?), but which, despite its virtuality, can be a real measure of all currencies in the basket. And a 100% correct one at that.

2. Yes, it has an original, a model and a benchmark. It is the simple property of identical equality to one of the product of all the indices of the basket at each point in time, plus, of course, also the identical equality of the mutual ratio of any pair of indices to the quotation of the corresponding currency pair (again, at each point in time). Find another way to calculate "indices" possessing this constant property and I will immediately remove the title "pure" from my method. :) Go ahead, I'm very interested to read it.

3. oh yes, size does matter. And yet for any size, notions of cleanliness/uncleanliness remain relevant. Such a hygiene fact. :)

Naturally, intellectual virginity requires hygiene.

And indexes are not a programmer's business. Does it not occur to you?

faa1947:

And indexes are not a programmer's job. Does it not occur to you?

Yes, it does!

There was an incident in Ludoedia once. My son was crying in the kitchen, he didn't want to eat such nice ribs, the bastard. "I want fried brains, he says." So the father went to the market, took his son with him. They look at the counter and there's a dozen varieties and the price range for brains is gigantic. The father gets surprised and starts demanding explanations from the seller, saying: "What is the difference, all of them are fresh and do not stink so much? The seller replied: "Over there, in the corners, brains of physicists, mathematicians, and programmers cost a ruble a kilo. And over here in the middle for fifty roubles are the brains of econometricians, one hundred and fifty roubles each."

"- Well, why such a difference, then?", the parent didn't understand. The salesman explained: "Aha! Do you know how many econometricians you have to stuff to get a kilo?"

My "workhorse", or should I say donkey. Allows you to quickly understand "where we are in the world". :)

For the device and application, see comments in the text of the indicator.

Files:
indexdll.zip  45 kb

alexjou:

My "workhorse", or rather donkey. It allows you to quickly understand "where we stand". :)

As for the device and application - see comments in the text of the indicator.

I thank you for the indicator, but it has small lags - sometimes it stops drawing anything at all - it stops

I try to pull the data out of it, but it fails as it glitches =)

do you have the same version that is not for-dll-en ? so that at least to make out where that glitches, perhaps because of the absence of any quotes stops

Offtop: where are the main contributors to the thread - metadriver, matemat, faa and other respected forum members? From the posts, it looks like they haven't participated in discussions for at least a year or two. I hope it's nothing bad.

getch:
Offtop: where are the main contributors to the thread - metadriver, matemat, faa and other respected forum members? From the posts, it looks like they haven't participated in discussions for at least a year or two. I hope it's nothing bad.

Who is where. Some show up occasionally, some don't.

Reason: