News: 5th digit in quotes - page 7

Mathemat . But the number of ticks has increased by a factor of 10, right? Are the volumes counted in the old way?

Valio has just prescribed that in response to x10 the sampling density increases by a factor of 6

Yeah.... and other DCs have started to switch to five digits. I had to spend an evening reworking the EAs. Well, it's OK, now EAs work on five digits. And they are also optimized. I was too busy =))

khorosh писал(а) >> Mathemat . But the number of ticks has increased by a factor of 10, right? Maybe the volumes are counted the old way?

Not at 10. But I don't know how to properly estimate the increase in flux density myself anymore. And the volumes are apparently counted the old way, i.e. correctly.

compared two terminals, one 4-digit, the other 5-digit. What can I say, the 5-digit terminal is consuming a lot more traffic.

question - if the spread drains the stop - and such a quote was not there - when dealing with the broker he has more trump cards ?

Zet1972 >> :
When we deal with this kind of a broker who has more trump cards - is it possible to win with a stop loss?

Yes, if an SELL position is opened, sometimes the brokerage companies with floating spreads shift the Ask price to the stop. This is not visible on the history, since only the Bid Minutes are stored.

And when appealing to the brokerage company, you will get an answer that at that time there was exactly such a price Ask. And if you say that the others with floating spreads did not have it, they will tell you that they use other counterparties, etc. In general, they will find something to say.

In fact, there are a lot of trumps. For example, quotes are shifted to the opposite side of netting (aggregate position) of each specific instrument. So on unpopular pairs you will always have a shift. This is one of the currently used ways to gradually drain some successful PAMM pairs... You also cannot shift a lot, because there is a risk of arbitrage for brokerage companies. That is why usually the spreads are shifted within 1-2 spreads.

Thus it is better to trade on the most popular instruments.

The reason for all this is one thing: ALL of the DCs on MetaTrader4 are MakrketMakers.

what about pending orders? are they no longer close to 50 instead of 5 pips? and if the stops in the EA were, for example, + - 100, now they should be +-1000? and all parameters that are associated with pips should be changed to zero?

was looking at the alpari terminal today... Digit shows 5, Point 0.0001...

I thought okay, so I wrote a function.

double point(){
   double m = 10.0;
   for (int i = 1; i < Digits; i++) m *= 10;
   return(1.0 / m);
}

and what do you think it returns?

keekkenen писал(а) >>

and what do you think it returns?

I think it's 0.00001.

You got it?

Reason: