EA N7S_AO_772012 - page 21

I've been rearranging my miniserver this week.

I won't be trading in the end. :)

By the end of Tuesday balance -$300 (maximum drop of 900 pips) Equity is now in the black also about 300 (maximum was 600 pips) Waiting for further developments.

P.S. Something has to be done with gaps...

wenay >> :

>> and what are the results so far?

Unfortunately, there was a power surge and the results were unreliable...as soon as good results are available I will share them and the EA itself

When working on a demo account, the Expert Advisor opens orders in opposite directions, locking the losing position. Based on the SL of these positions, it is impossible to exit without a loss.

Is this the idea or what?

capellini писал(а) >>

When working on a demo account, the Expert Advisor opens orders in opposite directions, locking the losing position. Based on the SL of these positions, it is impossible to exit without a loss.

Is this the idea or what?

A position is locked if it has been hanging around the opening for a long time and the opposite signal has appeared. Since all these things are independent of each other, I don't want to complicate the EA by closing it in the opposite direction, especially because the SL levels are not high.

Gentlemen programmers, where are you?

OK, I have a black eye, but where are you looking?

There are several errors in the code, both logical and by the programming code.

Are you satisfied with it? I wonder how it works and even yields profit.

I have gone to fix it, or rather to sleep and will fix it tomorrow.

At the end of the third day the balance is $180 Equity plus $450.

SHOOTER777 >> :

The position is locked if it has been hanging around the opening for a long time and the opposite signal has appeared. Since all this is independent of each other, I don't want to complicate the EA by closing the counter, especially the SL levels are not large.

Suppose so. But how will it work? Here is a losing position - locked by a counter order. But it has a stop loss. If the opposite signal is implemented, the unprofitable position goes to the stop loss and is closed there, capturing a much larger loss than it would have been had the unprofitable position been closed when the opposite signal occurred. I think the logic needs to be corrected somehow.

I would like to ask a follow-up question...

There are pairs on which the EA does not optimize in any way, not even the first results appear. USDCHF, for example.

What may it be related to?

SHOOTER777 >> :

Gentlemen programmers, where are you?

OK, I have a black eye, but what are you looking at?

There are several errors in the code, both logical and by the programming code.

Are you satisfied with it? I wonder how it works and even yields profit.

I have gone to fix it, or rather to sleep and will fix it tomorrow.

At the end of the third day, the balance is $180 equity plus $450.

Yeah... I had a couple of those, too. They were making profits, but when I fixed it, it was "right"...

capellini писал(а) >>

Let's say. But how will it work? Here is a losing position - locked by a counter order. But it has a stop loss. If the opposite signal is implemented, the unprofitable position goes to the stop loss and is closed there, capturing a much larger loss than it would have been had the unprofitable position been closed when the opposite signal occurred. I think the logic needs to be corrected somehow.

I have ideas and it can be implemented. I do not have much time for that. I do not consider it critical at this testing stage.

Reason: