your suggestions, opinions, designs Please. IF order close/delete failure

Hi, am stuck and really need answer to what to do IF order close/delete repeatedly fails.

Using retry loop + sleep + refresh rates.  What can a 100% unattended EA do???

SendMail,SendNotification may not get to me - are many reasons for this...

Many published scripts,EAs,articles,libraries 'generally' recognise that the bool value is false on these calls.
However, just returning a -1 or false to caller (if a function deals with close/delete) is far from the end of the story, yes?

I just believe need some cast iron foolproof (yet kiss design) to absolutely allow me to 'know' that ticket WILL be stopped.

EA is a trader's proxy - absolutely. But this not knowing IF order will always get stopped is driving me crazy.

Is like what happens IF gapping and EA unable stop order OR contact me.

Help please. 

Timal:

Hi, am stuck and really need answer to what to do IF order close/delete repeatedly fails.

Using retry loop + sleep + refresh rates.  What can a 100% unattended EA do???

SendMail,SendNotification may not get to me - are many reasons for this...

Many published scripts,EAs,articles,libraries 'generally' recognise that the bool value is false on these calls.
However, just returning a -1 or false to caller (if a function deals with close/delete) is far from the end of the story, yes?

I just believe need some cast iron foolproof (yet kiss design) to absolutely allow me to 'know' that ticket WILL be stopped.

EA is a trader's proxy - absolutely. But this not knowing IF order will always get stopped is driving me crazy.

Is like what happens IF gapping and EA unable stop order OR contact me.

Help please. 

Hi Timal

I think the various disaster stories of CHF trades unable to close a few weeks back (even manually!) answers the question - you can NEVER be 100% sure. Best you can do is what you have already mentioned above: keep trying or send notifications. Unless you can program your EA to dial your broker and ask them to close it ;) Sorry, just kidding.

Only other alternative I can think of in worst case scenario is to open an opposite trade to attempt to lock in a defacto hedge. I just can't see what else you could possibly do....

Cheers
Filter

Filter:
Hi Timal

I think the various disaster stories of CHF trades unable to close a few weeks back (even manually!) answers the question - you can NEVER be 100% sure. Best you can do is what you have already mentioned above: keep trying or send notificationsUnless you can program your EA to dial your broker and ask them to close it ;) Sorry, just kidding. I just can't see what else you could possibly do.....

Cheers
Filter

==============

Hello to you Filter

I am interested in this idea... yes, is bit extreme but hey... if can negotiate with Broker to supply 24/7 monitored email and/or MQ.ID then EA could shout at them. Would need security code say hard coded into EA that had been agreed upon with Broker to verify the stoppage request....

But yes... My brain is just at meltdown over this! Your comment is, I know - the only way to proceed unless you have ideas on above para!

btw: I call () that will not return until order stopped OR EA nuked by outside forces! It does all I mention with loop + sends. I only single thread trading @ 1 EA per chart and 1 order per EA.
I not believe in getting fancy with multi sym EA... Is my trying to embrace KISS philosophy - well, trying to! 

Best..

oh yes: I'm one of many with all funds tied up in Alpari (UK) 'issue'. Soooo, now is my time to re-evaluate all my code and hopefully make massively simpler.

Timal:

Filter:
Hi Timal

I think the various disaster stories of CHF trades unable to close a few weeks back (even manually!) answers the question - you can NEVER be 100% sure. Best you can do is what you have already mentioned above: keep trying or send notificationsUnless you can program your EA to dial your broker and ask them to close it ;) Sorry, just kidding. I just can't see what else you could possibly do.....

Cheers
Filter

==============

Hello to you Filter

I am interested in this idea... yes, is bit extreme but hey... if can negotiate with Broker to supply 24/7 monitored email and/or MQ.ID then EA could shout at them. Would need security code say hard coded into EA that had been agreed upon with Broker to verify the stoppage request....

But yes... My brain is just at meltdown over this! Your comment is, I know - the only way to proceed unless you have ideas on above para!

btw: I call () that will not return until order stopped OR EA nuked by outside forces! It does all I mention with loop + sends. I only single thread trading @ 1 EA per chart and 1 order per EA.
I not believe in getting fancy with multi sym EA... Is my trying to embrace KISS philosophy - well, trying to! 

Best..

oh yes: I'm one of many with all funds tied up in Alpari (UK) 'issue'. Soooo, now is my time to re-evaluate all my code and hopefully make massively simpler.

Sorry mate, I edited my post probably before you saw it. I did add this part if it helps:

Only other alternative I can think of in worst case scenario is to open an opposite trade to attempt to lock in a defacto hedge. 

Very sorry to hear you're caught up in the Alpari drama too :( 

Filter:

Sorry mate, I edited my post probably before you saw it. I did add this part if it helps:

Only other alternative I can think of in worst case scenario is to open an opposite trade to attempt to lock in a defacto hedge. 

Very sorry to hear you're caught up in the Alpari drama too :( 

No worries Filter, no point in letting the bas***ds drag ya down to their deprived level, eh?
I sincerely trust you or for that matter any reader of this has not been hit by any broker caught up in it all.

Regarding your defacto hedge idea. Wow... when I read this, was like sudden and very awesome relief = burden lifted from grey cells!

Result is I will consider placing trailing hedge stop order with persistence until market order closes (but keep alive IF decided price going it's way) or of course, gets hit and becomes market order...

Best to you 

No worries mate, glad the idea appeals to you :) Safe trading
Reason: