Stop working, it's time to make money - 2. - page 25

anseroyale:

last is the last trade made. Would my stop have been last? What if it is a different order type with a different volume? More details, if it is not difficult and if you know it for sure.

If there is no stop, will this increased spread affect the floating result of my already open position in the same futures?

kindly asking you)

а... I see the problem...

the stop to buy is a sell

The sell is executed at the bid price

which is currently below the trigger price of the stop loss

it means that the stop will be executed at the current price of bid

(of course, if there are enough volumes at this level for the request to be executed and other requests are not in line ahead)

+ there may be some specific features of the order execution at certain brokers.

+

price last moved to the level of the last execution

if there is no stop loss, nothing happens to the position, but it is temporarily negative

I got the gist of it. Thank you very much!

anseroyale:
I understand the gist. Thank you very much!

it may be useful to consider a sell stop-limit order as an option to counter the spread widening situation (if the broker supports this type of order)

but only in this case it might happen that the order is not triggered at all

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading/general_concept

Types of pending orders

• Sell Stop Limit - this order is a stop order to place a Sell Limit order. As soon as the future Bid price reaches the stop level indicated in the order (the Price field), a Sell Limit order will be placed at the level specified in Stop Limit price field. A stop level is set below the current Bid price, while Stop Limit price is set above the stop level.
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

I really don't want to work... I came in for a shift today and some crap fell on my head as I went to dismantle the pressure gauge.

Good people! Help! I agree with you completely, that you have to earn, not work. But how to do it?

Alexander_K:

I really don't want to work... I came in for a shift today and some crap fell on my head as I went to dismantle the pressure gauge.

Good people! Help! I agree with you completely, that one should earn, not work. But how to do it?

There is, for example, the option of paranirvana:

ultimate nirvana, which can be attained usually only after the physical death of a being who has attained full enlightenment (bodhi)

transcendreamer:

there is, for example, the option of undergoing paranirvana:

Final nirvana, which can usually only be attained after the physical death of a being who has attained full enlightenment (bodhi)

I once tried to fall into nirvana, and the foreman yelled at me very strongly - like, if he sees me drunk again, he'll write a note to the head of the shop for me. What am I supposed to do? I'm not a horse.

Alexander_K:

I tried to go into nirvana once, and the foreman yelled at me really hard, like if he sees me drunk again, he'll write a letter to the foreman about me. What do I care? I'm not a horse.

That's because he looked at your monthly profit in his smartphone, compared it to his salary and realized that you only go to the factory to be an inconspicuous capitalist and became terribly jealous of you

transcendreamer:

It's because he looked up your monthly profit on his smartphone, compared it to his salary and realised that you only go to the factory to be an inconspicuous capitalist and became terribly jealous of you.

It's funny to you... You're so well-read. You look a lot like our factory librarian, Joseph Solomonovich. I've been looking for the Grail for 5 years, but it's no use. All hope lies with the local Prophets.

Alexander_K:

It's funny to you... You're so well-read. You look a lot like our factory librarian, Joseph Solomonovich. I've been looking for the Grail for 5 years, but it's no use. All hope is in the local Prophets.

Sash, you're not looking for the Grail, you believe in the idea.

Try it this way.

There is no time series, there is only the current price.

Reason: